Post-Game Talk: Game 69 - One thing is clear, these teams now HATE each other - TBL 5 BRUINS 3 F

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The end of this type of game is the perfect time to make a statement rather than stand and look at each other. The Lucic days are missed.
It's a damn joke that Cirelli wasn't dealt with in the third after going after two stars. Really disappointed at that. It was a crazy game though for the players to figure out in terms of what the refs were going to call. Seemed like Russian roulette at times with some of the calls. The unreal amount of holding and stick holding that TB was getting by with away from the puck was amazing. It was impeding the Bs from getting into position all night. Both the refs tonight should be fired and put into the Gulag. Unacceptable to be that bad and inconsistent at the pro level. Worst overall I've seen since the Blues series last season.

Reactions: sarge88

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
(1)Tampa comes after Bruins top skill guys.Least 3 scrums tonite where Bruins key guys were fending off Tampa bottom 6 guys.Bruins do not go after theirs.That has to change if they meet.(2)
Bruins coach needs to understand McAvoy is Bruins best defenceman and not be stapling him to the bench steady in big moments.Favortism there bigtime.(3)
And Marchand cannot be taking dumb penalties like he did at end of 2nd and killing their momentum.
Losing 3 of 4 vs these guys sucks.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Couple of random thoughts.
David krejci absolutely stinks right now and has for quite some time.
In a game that was TaylorMade for the acquisition of Nick Ritchie he was suspiciously invisible

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
A couple of soft goals and blown chances hurt the come back. But for the most part I like the response from the Bruins when they’re playing against a heavy opponent, they gave it back to them. That’s something they didn’t do well prior to the all-star break/deadline.

Tough break and not a great decision by Krejci at the end there but he played great in the last 5 min, had a couple huge offensive zone steals, set up a couple of guys. I’m not upset with his performance at all.

Moore was noticeably bad tonight, I would definitely prefer trying Vaak or Zboril over him at this point. I know he hasn’t played in a while but that was ugly.

Overall a decent performance considering the absence of the top line for most of the game.

Cirelli is chicken shit.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm going to go on a very unpopular rant here.

I'll start with the officiating because it was garbage. Right from where Marchand got jumped by 4 bolts to Chara getting cross checked from behind by Cirelli and Cirelli getting nothing. Then marchand gets a weak slashing call which ends up being the game winning goal. It's a joke and needs to be fixed. Embarrassing.

That being said:

Did someone neuter Chara? I mean I've seen this legend in game 6 with a broken jaw get suckered punch by a guy named Zach Sanford, then watched Cirelli cheapshot him from behind and 0 response. Set a tone and make players scared to go to your net.

Rask: ughhh. Just not good enough tonight. He's been fantastic all year but when the game matters. I mean..we all know the story.

Krecji: My favorite player for years but Jesus. Unacceptable. That's it.

This game just reminded me of the SCF last year. Tampa gooned it up, got the favorable calls from the refs because they are too scared to call it lopsided and the rest is history.

Also that PP WOOFF

I would be interested to see Chara’s TOI for that shift leading up to the scrum. He looked exhausted before it began.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
HNIC was just doing their post game Bruins bashing again. What a bunch of clowns. Showing a tweet from Jay Feaster about how tough TB is this year. How TB is now 7 points behind the Bruins and sending a message. What crap!!! What message was sent Thursday night? What about the cheap shot on Carlo??? Funny how the Bruins are first overall but so little is said about it. HNIC is just a Leaf love fest which makes them laughable.

Reactions: OV

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
89603320_992232077845125_2188830950266241024_n.jpg

Some humor after an emotional game

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Watching games like this I wonder how hockey players trash talk.

I grew up on street ball(football and basketball) so I know we all trash talk in that

but European and Canadian dudes seem way too polite and nice to trash talk like we did

if I was on the ice tonight I’d just keep calling cirreli a bitch until he dropped his gloves with me

How do you know he wouldn't take that as a compliment??

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Losing this game isn't a big deal to me. It's the way that they lost that's the most frustrating. Two shorthanded goals. Leaving guys wide open in front of the net. Costly penalties. All of those are a combination of laziness and lack of focus.

What I loved was the response, both in the attempted comeback and the physical play.

They've got a road game on Tuesday against the hottest team in the league. Can't worry too much about this one. Just have to move on.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
People do remember that Tampa didn't have Stamkos or McDonagh when they say the Bolts got lucky right?

Guessing Ritchie was tired from beating up that stiff from Florida on Thursday? Does the Ritchie family need an official invitation that it's ok to turn up the physicality during these types games? I know Brett wasn't capable, but Nick too?

Couldn't give a flying eff about the loss, but the fact that Cirelli was able to finish out that game's last 90 seconds was pathetic. Talk about saying "Big, bad Bruins my ass.".

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
They shot themselves in the foot early. Good fight back. Came up a little short. Didn't back away from Tampa, but could have done more hitting.

Ritchie should have been way more involved. Got thrown out for 10+ minutes, but overall a quiet night. Skating is a big problem against Tampa. Constantly slow to plays.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
We limit these guys to like 20-25 shots on goal a game, they won tonight because of a one in a million penalty kill meltdown. Not worried about them at all.

Kase didn't dive either, just a random call created out of thin air to avoid giving us a powerplay.

Wish some of our guys would find a way out of their quarter of a season funks.

Bruins outplayed them tonight....except for a couple of minutes...

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I would be interested to see Chara’s TOI for that shift leading up to the scrum. He looked exhausted before it began.

Not even that shift though. I'm tired of Mr. Gentlemen. I want old Chara. The one who intimidates other teams.

I get it the league has changed, but geez set a tone.

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
what a great game that was.
only thing i worry about with tampa is vasy stealing games like he did tonite.
even with stamkos and mcdonagh in there we are much better 5 on 5 against this team.

also swap moore for carlo in this game and we most likely win.

Reactions: BigBadBruin

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
We limit these guys to like 20-25 shots on goal a game, they won tonight because of a one in a million penalty kill meltdown. Not worried about them at all.

Kase didn't dive either, just a random call created out of thin air to avoid giving us a powerplay.

Wish some of our guys would find a way out of their quarter of a season funks.
You should be worried about them.They do not need many shots to put a few on board

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Brad Marchand has to be the only player in the history of the game who has gotten a penalty for having the audacity to be jumped by four players of the opposing team.

And this is example A of why the Bruins shouldn't have ceased that effort with 8:43 remaining. "The points!"... I know.

Post game scrums do not earn suspensions. Being charged with the late fight instigator might but that very well might not have been called as Tampa is clearly willing to go....

I think it is evident which team is the hammer and which is the nail between these two teams unfortunately. Even if the Bruins did stand up for themselves during the game - yes, nice to see.

It's only a matter of time before a Bruin is injured in a playoff series against Tampa, similar to Washington or St. Louis.

Reactions: capecodder and BMC

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Cassidy has got to put McAvoy out there with the goalie pulled, he was the best player on the ice for either team other than maybe Vasi and doesn't get to see the ice in any prime offensive situation.
This. Roll my eyes anytime someone claims he's nothing compared to Krug on the power play...

He'd be a 60 point player and would have half a brain in the 2 on 1 situation that we saw Krug fumble tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad