Post-Game Talk: GAME 69 - Nobody expected this - BRUINS 7 Sabres 0

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Has there ever been a season where both goalies from the same team could be in the top 3 for the Vezina? lol

Unless Swayman picks up 4 more shutouts I think its baked in it will be
Ullmark easily #1, then Sorokin, Oettinger and Hellebuyck in some order.
Vasilevsky will probably garner rep votes but maybe Swayman can climb to #5?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Unless Swayman picks up 4 more shutouts I think its baked in it will be
Ullmark easily #1, then Sorokin, Oettinger and Hellebuyck in some order.
Vasilevsky will probably garner rep votes but maybe Swayman can climb to #5?

Filip Gustavsson will likely get some votes. Among goalies with at least 30gp

SV% - 2nd
GAA - 2nd
SO - 6th
GSAA - 3rd

He just doesn't have the wins the others do, but will get votes. I have Ullmark winning with Sorokin & Oettinger as the other finalist.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
I may be in the minority but whatever they're doing now is working. The hits will pick up during the playoffs if necessary.

I'm not in favor of hitting for the sake of hitting.
Now 100%. In the playoffs, finish EVERY check. They need to hit for the sake of hitting in the playoffs.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Since entering the league at the end of the '20-'21 season Swayman Ranks (min 50gp)

GAA - 1st
SV% - 3rd
GSAA - 10th
HDGAA - 1st
HDSV% - 3rd
HDGSAA - 11th
SO - 8th

He's easily been one of the top 10 goalies in the NHL the last 2+ seasons and he hasn't even come close to hitting his prime yet.

Its no secret that I'm a huge Rask fan. He's my favorite goalie of all time and tied with Bergeron as my favorite player all-time. Looking at Swayman through his 22yr thru 24yr old season (not 100% done yet) vs Rask at the same age.....

View attachment 672853

This kid is going to be something special, which is why I shake my head when anyone suggests trading him because of our cap situation next year. This is a kid you make part of your now and future. With Swayman, McAvoy, Lindholm & Carlo in the back for years to come, this team will always have a chance. They may not blow teams out, but they'll be in just about every game.

The Bruins are going to have some hard decisions to make with their cap situation next year, but with Swayman my guess is they'll try and bridge him and get a 3-year deal in place so he and Ullmark don't have contracts expiring at the same time. No team can sustain two true no. 1 goalies for long, but Sweeney has a strong hand here in that Linus' contract is proving very good value and Sway is restricted. If both keep playing to the same high standard then within a couple of years one of them's going to price themselves out of town, but we can deal with that later and enjoy what we have for a while yet.

If the GMs were more ruthless Swayman would be an ideal candidate for an offer sheet. He'd be worth throwing good money at and the Bruins would not likely be able to match any serious offer. But as that basically never happens it's not really a concern.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The Bruins are going to have some hard decisions to make with their cap situation next year, but with Swayman my guess is they'll try and bridge him and get a 3-year deal in place so he and Ullmark don't have contracts expiring at the same time. No team can sustain two true no. 1 goalies for long, but Sweeney has a strong hand here in that Linus' contract is proving very good value and Sway is restricted. If both keep playing to the same high standard then within a couple of years one of them's going to price themselves out of town, but we can deal with that later and enjoy what we have for a while yet.

If the GMs were more ruthless Swayman would be an ideal candidate for an offer sheet. He'd be worth throwing good money at and the Bruins would not likely be able to match any serious offer. But as that basically never happens it's not really a concern.

I'd do a 2yr bridge personally. The 3yr deal makes Swayman a UFA when his deal expires, whereas a 2yr would keep him as an RFA.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad