GDT: Game 69 (nice) | CBJ @ Vegas | 4 PM EST

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Noone is winning a matchup longterm with our goalies. Also this is a look to the future as hopefully Roslovic's time is done here soon. People are ok with the winger Roslovic at center but Laine at center has ruffled some feathers. Atleast they put him in a position to succeed and he did. Its not Laine's fault the other lines didnt do their job but even still it was 1 game against the west leading Golden Knights

Edit: Kind of unrelated to this post but I didnt want to make a new one. Laine is only 24 and I think people forget that, he still has runway to mature and get better. Funnily enough hes just a month older than Blankenburg

I admit, it's only by hair (or +2 goals), but Laine has actually just won his matchups long term with these goalies/defence/coaching this season (5-on-5), sadly(*) being the only one in the team to do so. *) For tanking purposes that's fortunately.
Screenshot_20230320-132420.png

Reactions: MoeBartoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
We lost 7:2, and all in all, the season didn't go well. So I'm asking. Why didn't Johnny Gaudreau influence it the other way? After all, he's one of the NHL's best players and not at best the fourth MVP of the worst team? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Marioesque

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think the whole point of "trying him at center" was not to see if he could play center at all. I think it was about teaching him to get his ass up and down the ice quickly and to make passes to open teammates to set up plays, instead of trying to dipsy-do around 3 opposing players and turning the puck over at the blue line.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I think the whole point of "trying him at center" was not to see if he could play center at all. I think it was about teaching him to get his ass up and down the ice quickly and to make passes to open teammates to set up plays, instead of trying to dipsy-do around 3 opposing players and turning the puck over at the blue line.
Next season they need to get him to change his skating coach to one who knows how tall guys skate before the back injuried pile up.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I guess this is funny but I think you recognize the difference between Laine at center and these moves? I say this as a Laine-at-center skeptic.
Lets hope your skeptiscism produces 0 wins and a whole bunch of regulation losses. Last thing we need is for him to transform into Connor McD and lead the Jackets to a great finish.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I have no idea if Laine can be a center solution, but I do know him playing center was the most exciting part of this game

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I do not agree we have enough "top 9" wings. I count Johnny, Marchenko, Laine and Johnson.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We will have to agree to disagree

I should probably be more precise and say Top Six forwards

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We will have to agree to disagree
Texier already cemented his spot in the top 9, it's his to lose.

Both Chinakov and Danforth looked like they belonged in the top 9 when they were healthy. Even when Chinny wasn't producing, he kept his feet moving and was still making an impact.

I don't know what there is to disagree about.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Texier already cemented his spot in the top 9, it's his to lose.

Both Chinakov and Danforth looked like they belonged in the top 9 when they were healthy. Even when Chinny wasn't producing, he kept his feet moving and was still making an impact.

I don't know what there is to disagree about.

I don't know what the top 9 means in the context of this team. 3 sets of scoring line wingers?

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2