GDT: [Game #69] Dallas Stars vs. New York Islanders - 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Now can we get some help from other teams. Dallas could pass Nashville if they get a little help. Not sure what the wild did tonight though.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Now can we get some help from other teams. Dallas could pass Nashville if they get a little help. Not sure what the wild did tonight though.

They did jack. Nashville put up 6 and won. Dallas is still in the 2nd wildcard spot. It was 4-2 in the 3rd at some point so I'm assuming they pulled the goalie and probably gave up 2 ENGs.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Namestnikov, Raffl, and Glendening were all solid additions. Well done Jimmy

Studenic for sure seems to be pushing himself into that realm as well. Sounds like a team effort between amateur and pro scouts. I believe Nill said that Studenic was a guy they liked in the 2017 draft.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
The net wasn't moored in properly or had already been knocked off. Oettinger was just the one to move it, which was going to happen soon anyway.
Mike McKenna did a good explainer on this earlier in the season, it was really interesting.

Reactions: LT

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Yet another game where Miro plays 27min+ after coming back. So much for easing him in, eh!

Reactions: Elysian

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
He played 27 minutes the 2nd game back. This isn't a new development. They said after that particular game there were no longer restrictions on his playing time.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Studenic more and more looking like a good waiver claim. Even still just RFA after the end of the season.
He's one of those guys who looks like the puck falls off his stick when he gets close to where he's ready to turn his effort into a scoring chance -- a type of puck panic beer leaguers know all too well. If he can get past that to some degree, he would definitely be a useful every day player.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He's one of those guys who looks like the puck falls off his stick when he gets close to where he's ready to turn his effort into a scoring chance -- a type of puck panic beer leaguers know all too well. If he can get past that to some degree, he would definitely be a useful every day player.
I thought he looked a lot better with his puck handling last night . There were a few plus where I was surprised he was able to hang on to it .

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I thought he looked a lot better with his puck handling last night . There were a few plus where I was surprised he was able to hang on to it .
Even without the goal, I think that was his best game as a Star. He made a couple strong plays to keep that extended offensive zone shift going (didn't lead to a goal unfortunately). Looked more confident too as he took the puck to the net.

Reactions: LT and BfantZ
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
If only we had a young, speedy defender good on entries and transitions who can also contribute offensively.
If only he would've contributed offensively when he was gifted all of that ice-time with Klingberg and forced the issue the way other young players have... 🤷‍♂️

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Kinda funny seeing people mad about defensemen being caught up-ice on turnovers when that is a direct result of playing a more aggressive style, the very thing people have been clamoring for. Can't have it both ways, pinching and rush-leading dman mean odd-man rushes against on some turnovers.

Also, Robertson is looking mentally fatigued, fumbling the puck and messing up passes for several games now in a way he wasn't earlier in the season. Hopefully the race eases up and they can give him a game off.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Kinda funny seeing people mad about defensemen being caught up-ice on turnovers when that is a direct result of playing a more aggressive style, the very thing people have been clamoring for. Can't have it both ways, pinching and rush-leading dman mean odd-man rushes against on some turnovers.

Also, Robertson is looking mentally fatigued, fumbling the puck and messing up passes for several games now in a way he wasn't earlier in the season. Hopefully the race eases up and they can give him a game off.
I fell pretty confident Robertson won’t be a healthy scratch for at least 10 years .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If only he would've contributed offensively when he was gifted all of that ice-time with Klingberg and forced the issue the way other young players have... 🤷‍♂️

What? Despite playing 12 fewer games, Heiskanen is outscoring Suter. Even if you're going to argue Heiskanen isn't directly generating offense, you can't tell me he isn't better for a zone entry than Suter.

This isn't a point on Heiskanen's production, but more on the reasoning behind Suter getting powerplay preference over him.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
What? Despite playing 12 fewer games, Heiskanen is outscoring Suter. Even if you're going to argue Heiskanen isn't directly generating offense, you can't tell me he isn't better for a zone entry than Suter.

This isn't a point on Heiskanen's production, but more on the reasoning behind Suter getting powerplay preference over him.

I thought you were talking about Harley since everyone has been clamoring for him to get the spot, plus Heiskanen is already on the first unit (for now).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad