GDT: [Game #69] Dallas Stars vs. New York Islanders - 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Would it be more Stars-y to miss the playoffs from a position to get in
or extend Bowness after we squeak in?

I do enjoy some of our lineup and recognize where we never could have forecasted issues or our own luck
I hope Nill and/or Gaglardi is capable of making the call and changing our direction

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Pavs should have shot that immediately lol.

But solid win against a good team. Just win baby

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Pavelski was looking to pass the whole way until he finally just ran out of room. Should have shot it earlier. Oh well.

Great third period from Oetter to redeem himself after some shaky play lately.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Would it be more Stars-y to miss the playoffs from a position to get in
or extend Bowness after we squeak in?

I do enjoy some of our lineup and recognize where we never could have forecasted issues or our own luck
I hope Nill and/or Gaglardi is capable of making the call and changing our direction
I feel like they would lose a lot of fans next season if they keep him. The guy gets booed during the starting line up for f***s sake.

Reactions: JeffP

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Pavelski was looking to pass the whole way until he finally just ran out of room. Should have shot it earlier. Oh well.

Great third period from Oetter to redeem himself after some shaky play lately.
Oetter was good the whole game. The two goals against were breakaways and perfect shots, basically Islanders' best two shots of the game.

1649214609406.png

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I know all fans are whiny and biased but the Islander fans on their board seriously think Oettinger knocked the goal off on purpose. Can you be anymore clueless?

Reactions: Elysian

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Two points but it shouldn't have been such a close game. Nitpicking perhaps.

Stars haven't won a game by 2 or more non-empty net goals since February 27th vs Buffalo...11 wins in that span too. They like it stressful I guess

Hell we can go back to after January 30th 6-1 win vs Boston. 17 wins, 15 of which were by just 1 goal (excluding empty netters)

They have got to lead the league in one goal game wins (especially if excluding empty netters)

Reactions: ugrakarma and LT

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I know all fans are whiny and biased but the Islander fans on their board seriously think Oettinger knocked the goal off on purpose. Can you be anymore clueless?
theres really no way to prove or disprove since it wasnt necessarily egregious enough, so a call against it would have been overstepping things.
did it change the outcome of the game? hardly. NYI had some chances there.

yaint goin to the playoffs islanders, better luck next year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The net wasn't moored in properly or had already been knocked off. Oettinger was just the one to move it, which was going to happen soon anyway.

Reactions: The Tourist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad