Post-Game Talk: Game 69 - A bad night in the Everglades - Sunrise Kitties 3 BRUINS 0 FINAL

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The pair that concerns me is Holden and Miller
That’s why you have to split them for Tampa or sit someone else and put Postma in.

I just don’t know what other decent D options they have in Providence outside Postma.

Imagine if they call up Tommy Cross..

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I actually put shortcuts in my phone especially for any of the new guys.

Doing the GDT’s also forced me to learn how to spell them correctly.

I still can’t spell Grizzy’s name correctly hence the use of his nickname lol.
I thank you for the wonderful job you do on the GDT's . It is much appreciated by fans like me that do not have the same computer skills

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I thank you for the wonderful job you do on the GDT's . It is much appreciated by fans like me that do not have the same computer skills

It’s fun to keep my skills sharp. I wish I knew how to do more tho.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
That’s why you have to split them for Tampa or sit someone else and put Postma in.

I just don’t know what other decent D options they have in Providence outside Postma.

Imagine if they call up Tommy Cross..
Carlo and Holden. Miller and Grzelcyk ? I am good with Grzelcyk and Miller. I just lack confidence in Holden and him and Carlo would be pretty soft in front of our net.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Carlo and Holden. Miller and Grzelcyk ? I am good with Grzelcyk and Miller. I just lack confidence in Holden and him and Carlo would be pretty soft in front of our net.
Grizzy and Miller have played most of the season together so at least they are comfortable with each other.

I don’t think we can afford to sit Holden so I’m at a loss at who would make the best partner for each of them...

Reactions: bme44

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
fair enough, if you think there's a GM gullible enough to take both AND give us something, that's clearly better. Good point. BTW it's 'roll'. but yes, trading them without taking on somebody else's bad contract would be ideal, but that generally doesn't happen. a bad contract generally gets one in return. two bad contracts simply do not move. did you not know that? that would explain your position. you can ask in the future instead of forcing me to publicly rub your nose in it, but it is of course your choice.
Krug is hurt obviously. Any complaints before the injuries when he had 10 points in 7 games?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I agree that Grzelcyk and Carlo played very well. The pairing of Miller and Holden was just plain awful. I am not sure there is anything they can do about playing those two together, all I know is I hope we never have to play a playoff game with Holden and Miller as a pairing.
I think ideally we have

Chara - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Carlo
Krug - Miller /Holden

With the Krug pair being sheltered offensively and getting a lot of special teams use.

We'll see if the grz and Carlo pair can keep it up. I think if they are dealing with second & third lines come playoff time they will fare very well.

Reactions: wintersej

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
has the luster worn off on the rick nash trade? i hope so, i was not that excited about it when it happened and he really hasnt shown to much except that he's great at losing the puck when trying to make a move. i hope we arent still clamoring for the bruins to resign him. can we atleast get our 1st back or lindgren?

Reactions: Ladyfan

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
That defense is not going to stop any decent team. Tampa might be uglier...

I wanted to pass Tampa but at this point I just want home ice v Toronto and health.

Let's just forget last night happened....

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Grzelcyk is better than Krug right now. Maybe a fully rested Krug is closer, but right now, Grzelcyk is significantly better in literally every single way - skating, decision making, overall defense, offensive zone contributions, power play.

Am I getting carried away? Nope. You are right now in response to this claim. If we can get the next expansion team to take both Krejci (mostly terrible again last night) and Krug, this team will be very very set contractually going forward.

I must of been watching a different game if D.K was bad last night because I certainly didn't see that . Are we deciding he played bad because he got zero points ? He was one of our better players and has been very good of late.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
has the luster worn off on the rick nash trade? i hope so, i was not that excited about it when it happened and he really hasnt shown to much except that he's great at losing the puck when trying to make a move. i hope we arent still clamoring for the bruins to resign him. can we atleast get our 1st back or lindgren?

I cant say I have been as happy with him personally the last little bit . The trade definitely has D.K going and I am hoping R.Nash gets back to where he was from like his 2nd to 6th game as a Bruin . I actually thought he was really good in Chicago Sunday but that is it for the last four games.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Reimer robbed Grzelcyk on a 2-1. Marchand had 2 high quality chances he made poor decisions on. Florida blocked many shots in tight. Huberdeau saved one from going across the goal line. The Bruins peppered Reimer with 20 shots in the 3rd period alone. Could have been very different.
The world is not ending.
Well said. I think we actually played better last night than against Carolina

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

So you're one of those fans that would rather be right and see the Bruins fail than be wrong and see them succeed eh?

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think ideally we have

Chara - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Carlo
Krug - Miller /Holden

With the Krug pair being sheltered offensively and getting a lot of special teams use.

We'll see if the grz and Carlo pair can keep it up. I think if they are dealing with second & third lines come playoff time they will fare very well.
I put McQuaid head and shoulders above Holden. I know McQuaid's skating and puck handling are not the greatest ,but when the Bruins are shorthanded ,he is a guy I want on the ice. The playoffs are a heavier game. In a physical game McQuaid needs to be in the line up, not necessarily against Toronto but against some opponent yes.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
^Agreed, let's ensure we are talking about hockey here, personal attacks should not be part of this discussion.

Anyway, from what I saw last night, the Bruins seemed discombobulated from start to end. Just bad decision making all game.

That paired with no puck luck and you get what we got last night.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
fair enough, if you think there's a GM gullible enough to take both AND give us something, that's clearly better. Good point. BTW it's 'roll'. but yes, trading them without taking on somebody else's bad contract would be ideal, but that generally doesn't happen. a bad contract generally gets one in return. two bad contracts simply do not move. did you not know that? that would explain your position. you can ask in the future instead of forcing me to publicly rub your nose in it, but it is of course your choice.
I don’t think there is a single GM in the NHL that wouldn’t trade for a 50 + point dman that can move the puck and shoot a laser, making only 5m , they don’t come around every day. Krejci made multiple plays last night, Nash nor Heinen could finish, that’s the way it goes sometimes. I for one am glad the Bruins don’t go 82-0 because if they did I would get to read post like yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don’t think there is a single GM in the NHL that wouldn’t trade for a 50 + point dman that can move the puck and shoot a laser, making only 5m , they don’t come around every day. Krejci made multiple plays last night, Nash nor Heinen could finish, that’s the way it goes sometimes. I for one am glad the Bruins don’t go 82-0 because if they did I would get to read post like yours.

Yeah I have to agree if the Bruins started shopping Krug they'd have 30 GMs lining up to see what it would take to get him. As for Krejci, well, that's just typical at HF to bash the guy and it hasn't changed in how many years now?

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad