Pre-Game Talk: Game 69 7:07 PM - Tampa Bay - NESN, NHLN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I didn't think the elbow was that bad. It's sucks our guy got hurt, but flip the jerseys and I guarantee you every poster on the Bruins board defends that as unintentional/incidental contact.

It was a weasel elbow. Much more suspendable than the joke of Lauzon got.

Parros is a dud and his blatant incompetence should have him fired on the spot.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I’ve always hated that wuss Kucherov. Let’s beat TB again, take a 11pts lead and cruise to 1st seed in the East.
Great point - it's amazing to compare the two plays and realize one got a 2 game suspension plus the ejected game, and the other received a minor.

And if we use the same convoluted logic, was there intent on Lauzon's hit? Stepan even returned to the game.

Edit: quoted the wrong post, as I just woke up. This moving the clock up has already thrown me off and we haven't even done it yet!

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
If Carlo is out, I predict a Lightning win. He is so important to this team.
We are loaded with D unlike any team in the NHL, but I get what you're saying about how important he is to this team.

Bruins still win though - Go B's!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's going to be tough without Carlo.

The lack of punishment for it is embarrassing considering Marchand got a crap ton of games for doing a much less intentional back elbow to Mojo back when he was on the Devils.

Reactions: Scruffy

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I didn't think the elbow was that bad. It's sucks our guy got hurt, but flip the jerseys and I guarantee you every poster on the Bruins board defends that as unintentional/incidental contact.
If it was an accident, then Dadanov should get a game for being a moron. Who goes into the boards holding his stick like a golf putter. Two hands at very top of stick guarantees elbow flying up if you try and pull puck back. He’s either cheap as hell or a dumb ass. Neither is a good look.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It may get a little chippy tonight. This could be a statement game ... but like the Brantley Gilbert song 'Take it Outside'

Back in the good old days
They knew how to brawl
I'm talkin' real gunslingers
I'm talkin' real outlaws
They'd saddle up and ride on into town When it was high noon in them old saloons
You knew what was goin' down
They took it outside
Took it outside

When it was man to man
Toe to toe
You know they had to go
Where nobody's gonna break it up
Not until you've had enough
And if you think you've got the guts Then let's take it outside
If you think your man enough
You really wanna knuckle up
If you wanna shed a little blood then let's take it outside
Let's take it outside
These days things have changed There's a lot of talk
Lot of pushin' and shovin'
Well if you wanna walk the walk
Let's have some respect
Got girls in here
Just pay your tab
And lay down your beer
Hoss and let's take it outside
Take it outside
It's man to man
Toe to toe
You know we need to go
Where nobody's gonna break it up
Not until we've had enough
And if you think you've got the guts Then let's take it outside
If you think your man enough
You really wanna knuckle up
If you wanna shed a little blood then let's
Take it outside
Let's take it outside
We're all here for a good time
But don't start no trouble
'Cause it won't be the first time I put a scar on my knuckles
Now brother I don't mind I'll be glad to stomp your ass
But if both of us walk out that door One of us ain't comin' back ....

Reactions: nfld77 and caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-3-7_17-0-27.png

upload_2020-3-7_17-4-2.png

Tonight's Officials

KR10.jpg
TH14.jpg

Referees Kyle Rehman (10), Trevor Hanson (14)
Linesmen Tony Sericolo (84), Andrew Smith (51)

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly
PA Announcer: Jim Martin

upload_2020-3-7_17-9-21.png

upload_2020-3-7_17-9-56.png

upload_2020-3-7_17-10-21.png

upload_2020-3-7_17-11-1.png

upload_2020-3-7_17-11-26.png

upload_2020-3-7_17-11-48.png

upload_2020-3-7_17-12-11.png

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Lightning tonight in the 4th & final game between these teams this season and the 2nd of 2 at TD Garden … The Bruins are 43-13-12 thus far this season & are 22-3-9 on home ice … They are 14-5-3 vs. Atlantic Division opponents & are 25-8-9 vs. Eastern Conference foes. - The Bruins are playing tonight their lone home game in a 6-game span as they will next play in PHI on 3/10 & at BUF on 3/13 before returning home to host TOR on 3/14 … They are playing tonight game 3 of a stretch of their schedule in which they play 5 of 6 games vs. Atlantic Division teams. - The Bruins have 14 games remaining in their regular season with 7 at home & 7 on the road … 6 are vs. Atlantic Division teams with 10 vs. Eastern Conference foes … 5 are vs. teams currently in playoff position & 9 are currently below that line

MILESTONES APPROACHING - David Pastrnak is two assists short of his 200th NHL assist. - Joakim Nordstrom is two games shy of his 400th NHL game. - Brandon Carlo is three games short of his 300th NHL contest. - Ondrej Kase is four points shy of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 247) - Brandon Carlo: Upper body - Kevan Miller: Knee (LTIR)

BOSTON vs LIGHTNING, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Lightning are meeting for the 106th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 65-29-9-2 record and 345-275 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 38-8-6-1 lifetime in home games vs. the Lightning with a 194-127 scoring edge in those 53 contests. - The Bruins are 1-1-1 in this season’s series vs. the Lightning with a 4-3 shootout loss in Boston on 10/17, 3-2 loss in Tampa Bay on 12/12 & 2-1 victory in Tampa Bay on 3/3 … They are 10-6-1 in their last 17 games overall vs. the Lightning with a 21-9-2 mark in the last 32 of this lifetime series … They are 5-2-1 in their last 8 on home ice with a 15-4-1 mark in their last 20 home contests vs. Tampa Bay. - Fun Fact: The Lightning are 1 of 3 opponents (PHI, VGK) that have never swept a season series vs. the Bruins.

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland