Post-Game Talk: Game 68: Preds vs. Blues | 7:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN | Back at the Stone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Blues/Hawks/Wings fans create such a disturbance that no one wants to go to those games and would rather sell their tickets, than deal with the insanity/danger of drunken guests. Maybe the team should limit or cancel beer sales when those teams play, and eject anyone that shows up inebriated before the game starts. I swore I would never attend another Wings games after my 1st and have never attended a Blues game because someone said they were worse than Wings fans.

This is 100% spot on- I know for me personally, even though I am in Birmingham, I would usually never miss a Saturday night game against a big rival- but it has gotten so bad that I did not make the trip up, and probably won't go to a Blues home game again, at least for awhile. (And it is not just the bad fans- I can only come to a limited number of games being out of state, and even if the Blues fans were perfectly behaved, as a Preds fan it really takes away from the experience when your home crowd advantage is compromised- its easy enough for me just to avoid those games. If I lived in Nashville I would be a season ticket holder and then it would make it a much bigger problem for me).

But as you point out, if everyone starts thinking like this, it is only going to get worse as far as number of opposing fans in building.......

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yes there were more police on the concourse , more than I have ever seen post game, but like you said it didn't really help. I did see two policeman running towards the entrance near the escalators as the blues crowd was getting rowdier. It is just not somewhere I want to bring my family on the weekends against close rivals anymore, with this game and the fight where a guy was knocked out cold I saw at the past game near the post game TV area.

well, the Preds aren't going to respond until they get a lot of feedback from families or women. I've written my rep, but it's hard to not feel like it's a waste.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Blues/Hawks/Wings fans create such a disturbance that no one wants to go to those games and would rather sell their tickets, than deal with the insanity/danger of drunken guests. Maybe the team should limit or cancel beer sales when those teams play, and eject anyone that shows up inebriated before the game starts. I swore I would never attend another Wings games after my 1st and have never attended a Blues game because someone said they were worse than Wings fans.

It's only a self fulfilling prophecy because the Preds have the most passive ushers and security in the league. No joke. A lot of this behavior isn't tolerated in a lot of arenas I've gone to games out of town. But their security or ushers act and don't just stand back and do nothing, or wait until it's bad enough to call the police.

Skew06

Nov 16, 2012
Hazelwood, Missouri
Blues fan here, came down to Nashville with my family and was pretty disappointed with the way preds fans treated us. I can handle the chirping from the home fans, and it's to be expected. Been to Chicago and Nashville before for road games, never had any issues other than the typical things you'd expect, no big deal....But when someone called my mom a ***** as she walked past them to get up and go to the bathroom, we had a big problem. We ended up getting moved from the 200's down to the lower bowl because of it thanks to a nice usher. Went down to the lower bowl, and the preds fan that we were sitting next to intentionally dumped his beer out next to us as he left the game with 5 minutes left. Why not just leave the rest of the beer in the can? Very classless. I would like to say that we did something to deserve it, not the case. Left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths thats for sure.

I agree with a lot of Preds fans about the way some of us handled the anthem. Just a few idiots who cant hold their alcohol. Dont bring the whole "they need something to say because they have never won the cup, blah blah". Last time I checked, preds havent won one either and have one of the dumbest traditions in hockey pointing at the other team's goalie and saying "you suck, you suck" after every goal. Works both ways.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Blues fan here, came down to Nashville with my family and was pretty disappointed with the way preds fans treated us. I can handle the chirping from the home fans, and it's to be expected. Been to Chicago and Nashville before for road games, never had any issues other than the typical things you'd expect, no big deal....But when someone called my mom a ***** as she walked past them to get up and go to the bathroom, we had a big problem. We ended up getting moved from the 200's down to the lower bowl because of it thanks to a nice usher. Went down to the lower bowl, and the preds fan that we were sitting next to intentionally dumped his beer out next to us as he left the game with 5 minutes left. Why not just leave the rest of the beer in the can? Very classless. I would like to say that we did something to deserve it, not the case. Left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths thats for sure.

I agree with a lot of Preds fans about the way some of us handled the anthem. Just a few idiots who cant hold their alcohol. Dont bring the whole "they need something to say because they have never won the cup, blah blah". Last time I checked, preds havent won one either and have one of the dumbest traditions in hockey pointing at the other team's goalie and saying "you suck, you suck" after every goal. Works both ways.

Just do what you did before the Blues were winning... stop going to games like the rest of the bandwagoners.

If you don't like our traditions, gtfo. It's pretty simple. We don't have to accept your traditions in our arena.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA

Very well said!

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
It was probably payback for me being drunk and somewhat obnoxious in Stl a couple of years ago on the hockeybuzz road trip. I'll be sure to repay the favor again in the future.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
Blues fan here, came down to Nashville with my family and was pretty disappointed with the way preds fans treated us. I can handle the chirping from the home fans, and it's to be expected. Been to Chicago and Nashville before for road games, never had any issues other than the typical things you'd expect, no big deal....But when someone called my mom a ***** as she walked past them to get up and go to the bathroom,

Agreed, this is unacceptable behavior.

Went down to the lower bowl, and the preds fan that we were sitting next to intentionally dumped his beer out next to us as he left the game with 5 minutes left. Why not just leave the rest of the beer in the can? Very classless. I would like to say that we did something to deserve it, not the case.

Once, again, agreed. Some people take this **** too seriously. Bad actors in every bunch. I don't mind the "Let's Go Blues" chants after the game. Embarrassing and amusing at the same time. Embarrassing that you all were chanting in our building (because we lost). Amusing that you all were vibrating the building. I never felt threatened or intimidated.

I agree with a lot of Preds fans about the way some of us handled the anthem. Just a few idiots who cant hold their alcohol. Dont bring the whole "they need something to say because they have never won the cup, blah blah". Last time I checked, preds havent won one either

But if we make it in the next 31 years, we've still gotten one sooner than the Blues.:D

and have one of the dumbest traditions in hockey pointing at the other team's goalie and saying "you suck, you suck" after every goal. Works both ways.

The vast majority of sports traditions are dumb. "Home of the Blues"? Memphis.

Cheering our team and jeering the opposing team is what were supposed to do. Would you rather everyone told the opposing teams goalie "It's ok, you'll get it next time?" Just bask in the irony of all the Predators fans yelling "You suck" while the team is down by 2 goals. Your building, your traditions; ours, ours.

Anything directed at the ice is ok, not other fans.

In the end, :hockey::cheers:

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
Agreed, this is unacceptable behavior.

Once, again, agreed. Some people take this **** too seriously. Bad actors in every bunch. I don't mind the "Let's Go Blues" chants after the game. Embarrassing and amusing at the same time. Embarrassing that you all were chanting in our building (because we lost). Amusing that you all were vibrating the building. I never felt threatened or intimidated.

But if we make it in the next 31 years, we've still gotten one sooner than the Blues.:D

The vast majority of sports traditions are dumb. "Home of the Blues"? Memphis.

Cheering our team and jeering the opposing team is what were supposed to do. Would you rather everyone told the opposing teams goalie "It's ok, you'll get it next time?" Just bask in the irony of all the Predators fans yelling "You suck" while the team is down by 2 goals. Your building, your traditions; ours, ours.

Anything directed at the ice is ok, not other fans.

In the end, :hockey::cheers:

A lot of local fans don't like the You Suck either and quit coming because of it but winning changes a lot of things. When you win those little things never are talked about or just minor issues..

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
A lot of local fans don't like the You Suck either and quit coming because of it but winning changes a lot of things. When you win those little things never are talked about or just minor issues..

I find it ironic when were losing., but it's catchey. Most people seem to enjoy it. But, if the masses call for change, then let's change it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

If they quit coming because of it then they quit coming ages ago, that chants been around as long as I can remember going ( and that was in like 2001).

Odds are they quit going for a far different reason.

Skew06

Nov 16, 2012
Hazelwood, Missouri
Just do what you did before the Blues were winning... stop going to games like the rest of the bandwagoners.

If you don't like our traditions, gtfo. It's pretty simple. We don't have to accept your traditions in our arena.
Lol, people like you are ridiculous

Don't get too offended. I didn't say anything wrong. I like how I'm automatically a "bandwagon fan". I came out of the woumb as a die hard blues fan. Been there every year no matter what the record was. Stay classy though.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Lol, people like you are ridiculous

Don't get too offended. I didn't say anything wrong. I like how I'm automatically a "bandwagon fan". I came out of the woumb as a die hard blues fan. Been there every year no matter what the record was. Stay classy though.

Don't be mad. I'm just concerned is all. The Bridge can be a very dangerous place. People using words and beverages getting spilled and all. Probably best to avoid such places.

:sarcasm:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Mistreating other people is never okay in my book. Sincerest apologies you had to put up with a bunch of fools.

As for the "you suck" chant. It is childish and is very tame. It comes across as whining.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
My issues with the Blues fans were shouting during the anthem, and the f bomb being dropped around kids. The chants were annoying and frustrating to hear in my section which is primarily STH.

Every team has their traditions. And whether opposing fans think they're dumb really doesn't matter, they are ours and we'll keep them.

Bottom line is, there are stupid drunks and trolls in every fan base. The arena staff need to neutralize those buffoons and remove them quickly.

Now, can we put this thread to bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino