GDT: Game 68 - CBJ at CGY - 4 Mar, 8:30pm

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
You dog on Torts about Nash and then proclaim that Stenlund and Robinson are somehow better options. Give it up dude. Your bias clouds your rationale.
Stenlund and Bemstrom have great shots and can thrive with open space . Robinson has speed to burn . You can’t possibly think Nash and Gavrikov , being 2/3 of your line in overtime is a good thing ? I get that we’re dinged up, but 15 losses in overtime is not bad luck . You can’t coach not to lose

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Stenlund and Bemstrom have great shots and can thrive with open space . Robinson has speed to burn . You can’t possibly think Nash and Gavrikov , being 2/3 of your line in overtime is a good thing ? I get that we’re dinged up, but 15 losses in overtime is not bad luck . You can’t coach not to lose

It's not even worth debating you. Torts used all the guys you mentioned in OT except Robinson and none of them scored. Stop moving the goal posts to fit your agenda.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Dude what the hell? Any of these goals wasnt Korpi's fault.
Not a dude.

Also, I didn’t say they were. I meant his immature tantrums are fodder to motivate the other team’s instigators. Never said the goals were on him.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

Its almost like playing with good players makes you more dangerous.

#3 is still present in one of this. PLD had a brutal game, just awful. And i'm not talking about OT. His laziness lately is very concerning, and jeez dude, at least pretend to try to win a FO.

Also why change Nuti to Scarry? Haven't we won last game? Strange coaching decision.

Reactions: Fairwhether

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
#3 is still present in one of this. PLD had a brutal game, just awful. And i'm not talking about OT. His laziness lately is very concerning, and jeez dude, at least pretend to try to win a FO.

Also why change Nuti to Scarry? Haven't we won last game? Strange coaching decision.

Okay, and? I bet if you looked up Connor McDavid OT goals you'd see a ton of Leon Draisaitl. Crosby with Letang, Ovechkin with Backstrom or Kuznetsov and Carlson, etc. You play your best players in OT, and PLD is making the plays in most of these clips.

I don't see the laziness other people see. The inability to win a faceoff is concerning though.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Okay, and? I bet if you looked up Connor McDavid OT goals you'd see a ton of Leon Draisaitl. Crosby with Letang, Ovechkin with Backstrom or Kuznetsov and Carlson, etc. You play your best players in OT, and PLD is making the plays in most of these clips.

I don't see the laziness other people see. The inability to win a faceoff is concerning though.
Dude why are so friggin stubborn? I can play with videos too...

took a penalty here in OT

Eichel rifles in overtime winner

And it wasn't even my point, yes he should play in OT, because there is no better option. My point is he's been afwul lately and this game was no exception.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dude why are so friggin stubborn? I can play with videos too...

took a penalty here in OT

Eichel rifles in overtime winner

And it wasn't even my point, yes he should play in OT, because there is no better option. My point is he's been afwul lately and this game was no exception.

First video, he guards his guy and the puck bounces off Korpi and off Toews and in. Not really his fault, he's in position.

Second one I'll give you. Although he hustles back to attempt to cover the cross crease pass. But still, unacceptable.

Kinda hard to tell if the penalty is lazy if I can't see it. But okay?

Eichel one is once again an example of the man to man defense. He's guarding Ristolainen. Jones is guarding Eichel, and Kiv needs to make that save. He's doing the right play here too, and you can tell he is because Jones always stays connected to Eichel, as does Dubois to Ristolainen, and the other forward.

I'm not trying to be stubborn. I just disagree with this ongoing "laziness" thing with PLD on here. And I am fully aware that Torts seems to agree with the laziness thing to an extent too, but I still disagree.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Bolts fan here. Watched this game with a friend and thought Korpisalo was amazing. Thought Dubois had a decent game as well but I see there is some discussion around here regarding his play. I think he will become on the better forwards in this league in like 2-3 years. I like the guy, I hope he continues to improve. Best of luck in the future.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The team we are putting on the ice is so devoid of offensive talent that Torts deserves empathy not criticism. I mean when you are actually considering using a Robinson in OT it really underscores the a sense of goal scoring skill that is available.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Tried to watch. Fell asleep up 2-0. Wife asked how they did? I said don't know haven't checked score yet.Mentioned they were up 2-0 late in the 2nd. She said "Well, we know how that goes". Guess she's seen this movie before.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
For sure. And there are 15 instances of that this season. That’s why every game is critical. Or, in the words of Ty Conklin...

That sums up my outlook for the postseason. I just don't see us making the cut with 15 points lost in 50/50 situations.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I hate hearing this.. who cares.. If you want to make the playoffs yearly .. you can never worry about a ruining a draft spot. That's a losing mentality.

While I understand your point of view, I believe the Jackets will be better off long term if they fail to make the playoffs and can get a higher draft choice, with a very slim chance of winning the damn thing. In retrospect I also believe they would be better off had they not gone all in last year. I mean look at how much that stunning upset of TB helped this year. They pretty much sucked until people started getting hurt and Elvis burst onto the scene along with a bunch of AHLers.

Looking at the Jackets long term I don't see a SC contender without adding a second top 6 C and a top 6 LW. Are Tex & Bemstrom the answer? Maybe but I'd rather see more more prospects to pick from.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
While I understand your point of view, I believe the Jackets will be better off long term if they fail to make the playoffs and can get a higher draft choice, with a very slim chance of winning the damn thing. In retrospect I also believe they would be better off had they not gone all in last year. I mean look at how much that stunning upset of TB helped this year. They pretty much sucked until people started getting hurt and Elvis burst onto the scene along with a bunch of AHLers.

Looking at the Jackets long term I don't see a SC contender without adding a second top 6 C and a top 6 LW. Are Tex & Bemstrom the answer? Maybe but I'd rather see more more prospects to pick from.

The start of this year took a bit of time yes to get going but losing and replacing how many players.

It always takes time when new goalies come in to play.. with angles and getting the D to either block or move out of the way with the timing of shots etc..

It's always the next great one or the next.. or the next..
Hard to tell with hurt players like Tex or someone in the pipeline already.

This team will be far better off fighting to the end than losing on the way out. One day a player like Breadman will want to stay.. Losing when hurt down the stretch. Doesn't bode well for small market teams. Also you want fans in the seat.. they'd rather watch a team trying their damnedest than losing and making excuses. BTW.. they still have a wild card slot

Reactions: Viqsi

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I hate hearing this.. who cares.. If you want to make the playoffs yearly .. you can never worry about a ruining a draft spot. That's a losing mentality.

I believe in this instance, it was sarcasm/a joke. Could be wrong though.

I'm with ya, I cant stand the- "embrace the mediocrity, on the bubble", and the, "loyalty LOLOL"- BS.

As we see, while I'm pretty sure 1 was a joke, we didn't have to wait very long for a very serious post stating they would rather have a better draft pick (like 10 pick difference, max??) than make the playoffs.

They pretty much sucked until people started getting hurt and Elvis burst onto the scene along with a bunch of AHLers.

FALSE!!

That sums up my outlook for the postseason. I just don't see us making the cut with 15 points lost in 50/50 situations.

Couldn't I make the argument that every single game is a "50/50 situation"? Every game starts with the teams tied.

Why would such a small percentage of hockey played -within a much smaller time frame, along with the smaller number of players on the ice and with the small % of the players that actually play most of the time in OT- have such a big impact on your outlook for making the postseason?

If they make it, they make it. If they don't, they don't.

It wont be because of a few players or a few minutes played out of only 20% of the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad