GDT: Game 68 - CBJ at CGY - 4 Mar, 8:30pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Tonight we presumably decide once and for all if this team has any life left or if we're completely doomed, or something.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Columbus has points in 31 of 38 games (21-7-10). … The team's 14 overtime losses lead the NHL. … Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 20 goals from the blue line this season. He is the first-ever Blue Jacket to reach 20 goals in a season and just the second blueliner in the league to hit the milestone the past three seasons (Toronto's Morgan Rielly, 20 last year). … Werenski is also three games from 300 in his career. ... Emil Bemstrom has scored in four of five games while Nick Foligno has tallies in four of six. … Alexander Wennberg is one point from 200 in his career. … The Blue Jackets are in the midst of a stretch of six straight games vs. Western Conference foes. … Columbus had won eight in a row in Calgary before falling by a 4-2 score a season ago. … The Blue Jackets are a combined 11-3-1 on the last five Western Canada trips. … With 393 man-games lost to injury this year, Columbus will pass 400 on this night.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Nick Foligno
Alexander Wennberg - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Kevin Stenlund - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson
Jakob Lilja - Devin Shore - Stefan Matteau

Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Ryan Murray - Zach Werenski
Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Oliver Bjorkstrand (injury), Nathan Gerbe (injury), Ryan MacInnis, Markus Nutivaara, Gabriel Carlsson, Matiss Kivlenieks

Roster Report: Gerbe did [not?] make the trip but Merzlikins did and could dress for the first time since being injured Monday vs. Ottawa. MacInnis rotated in with the fourth line during drills Tuesday, while Nutivaara appeared to be the odd-man out on defense.

flames.nhl.com has an article on their coming homestand (we're their first opponent), and also lineup info from their practice yesterday:
CALGARY - The Flames were without one of their top forwards during their skate on Tuesday morning.
Elias Lindholm did not take part in practice for maintenance purposes. In his absence, Sam Bennett skated on a line with Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan.

Head coach Geoff Ward noted that Lindholm is expected to be in the lineup on Wednesday vs. Columbus.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Flames' last game:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
I dont know what to say. Streak and it look like easy playoff spot, then losing streak and it looked like lottery team. Now everybody is losing around us. Critical tour in Canada not the easyest tour. Flames are great team with ton of skills. Only way to win is defence with 5player all the time. Scoring competition will not work against Flames. Rock solid defence and 3 goals. 2-3 CBJ wins.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I hope the win on Sunday night was something the team could build on for the rest of the season vs. an outlier. I'm trying my best to keep the faith here.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
please cam come back before the team is eliminated.
also hope the rest of the team can stay 8/9 until then.

no one else probably gonna come back in time.

need this win

pled

Sep 7, 2009
at least with a win the team would be at the same PPG as carolina

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I was in attendance when CBJ played Calgary at NWA and lost 0-3 in November. That was a painful game to watch, certainly hoping for a better showing tonight

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Elvis back as backup, Harry in over nuti, Lili in macinnis out, wennie at the wing, shore at center, Zach Murray together

Really interested to see him as a RD

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Rimer sure is an..................excitable boy

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-4_20-38-12.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-4_20-38-12.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Johansen2Foligno

pled

Sep 7, 2009
is Nuti injured ? none of the other 3 were sent to the ahl

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
and some think NWA sounds like a morgue, goodness. this might be the most quiet i've ever heard an arena in my life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad