GDT: Game 68 - CBJ at CGY - 4 Mar, 8:30pm

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Another horrific game for Werenski.

Wennberg made an incredible play and fed Werenski with a wide open net, yet he just stood there and made no play on the puck.
Didn't it get deflected? Because the Calgary feed made it seem like the Calgary guy saved a goal. And after the game Brian Burke and company was talking about it would have been a goal if not for the Calgary player. But yes, awful game by him. They also said Werenski was on the ice too long on the winner.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't it get deflected? Because the Calgary feed made it seem like the Calgary guy saved a goal. And after the game Brian Burke and company was talking about it would have been a goal if not for the Calgary player.

Let him have his agenda.

Reactions: Byrral

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Can the NHL finally do something about the bush league Calgary game ops person? Seems every time we play there, they set off the goal celebration way early and everybody panics
While I don't remember the others.. I had the exact thought tonight when it happened.

And panic definitely came next lol

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Is PLD unplayable in OT? He had the puck on his stick twice the whole period and he shot it from horrific angles as soon as possible, instantly killing the attack.
It does seem that PLD doesn’t understand OT? As you point out, he takes angles and shots that lead to lost puck control and often odd man rushes.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Ok coach. Who ya putting out there? Cam? Bjorkstrand? He played Foligno, Bemstrom, Dubois, Nyquist and a few others. Who's left? I'm not even a big Torts guy but cmon.
Robinson , Stenlund , Pld , Nyquist Bemstrom .... I’m not putting Riley NASH , AND Garikov out there the same time . Go back and watch the lines he rolled out

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
While I don't remember the others.. I had the exact thought tonight when it happened.

And panic definitely came next lol

there was another time it cost us a goal because the stupid flames and everything shot out and everyone stopped. It totally sucks

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Is PLD unplayable in OT? He had the puck on his stick twice the whole period and he shot it from horrific angles as soon as possible, instantly killing the attack.

Yeah, you’re right. Let’s run with Nash, Jenner, and Macinnis instead.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Is it worth staying up to watch us play the Oilers?

Watch the first period, it’ll be all you need.

The last time we beat the oilers Thomas vanek scored a hat trick for us. Since then, we’ve been crushed in every game.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Yeah, you’re right. Let’s run with Nash, Jenner, and Macinnis instead.

He has scored game winners and I’d expect that as he’s a good offensive player. At the same time, there’s a difference between relying on your raw talent and understanding the strategy.

Reactions: Fairwhether

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The difference between getting 1 point instead of 2 could prove a killer at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad