GDT: Game 68: Calgary Flames Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:30PM | Vegas Here to Burn Down Your Fire

What has been a bigger factor in our recent wins?

• Total voters

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
MILESTONE ALERT!

Fleury-Marc-Andre_7.png

8th All Time in Wins

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Nice win.

Having said that, if i really did drink after every missed shot, i would have already died of alcohol poisoning. lol

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Well, Kings aren't much of a threat this season. Cool that Stone and the Knights are rivals with Karlsson and the Sharks. The two biggest Sens stars who fled the cheap a** owner are now going head to head. Looking forward to it!
We still hate the Kings. Not gonna forget this gem.

Attachments

• Resized_15519448277994323237003471527122_36405588044389.jpeg
    Resized_15519448277994323237003471527122_36405588044389.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 23

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Except tkachuk wasn’t in the crease. Why even have the blue paint? Fleury (who I love) rubs up against tkachuk outside the paint and its goalie interference? So bad.
Fleury was in the crease, and Tchapunk turned him by his stick. That's GI all day.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For reference, I was looking through Sportsclubstats for Anaheim's playoff odds (or lack thereof) and thought I'd check in on Vegas.

With a 4-7-3 record, Vegas would still have a 92.7% chance to make the playoffs. It would take a 3-9-2 record for Vegas to have a sub 70% chance to get in.

If they want to guarantee their ticket they need roughly 7-8 more wins. Looking through their strength of schedule:

Vancouver (shouldn't be hard)
Calgary (tough one)
Dallas (on the easier side)
Edmonton (easy)
San Jose (tough)
Winnipeg (less tough, but who knows, they're gearing up to do a lot better in the playoffs, could be tough)
Detroit (In full Lose for Hughes. Easy)
St. Louis (tough. In charge of the wild card battle right now)
Avalanche (very beatable these days, I can see them falling out of the wild card race by this point)
Minnesota (should be easy)
San Jose (tough)
Edmonton (should be easy)
Arizona (by this point I'd doubt they're still in the Wild Card race, but I can see them trying to be spoilers)
Kings (should be a win)

More than doable with how this team is playing.

Reactions: Bart9349

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
For reference, I was looking through Sportsclubstats for Anaheim's playoff odds (or lack thereof) and thought I'd check in on Vegas.

With a 4-7-3 record, Vegas would still have a 92.7% chance to make the playoffs. It would take a 3-9-2 record for Vegas to have a sub 70% chance to get in.

If they want to guarantee their ticket they need roughly 7-8 more wins. Looking through their strength of schedule:

Vancouver (shouldn't be hard)
Calgary (tough one)
Dallas (on the easier side)
Edmonton (easy)
San Jose (tough)
Winnipeg (less tough, but who knows, they're gearing up to do a lot better in the playoffs, could be tough)
Detroit (In full Lose for Hughes. Easy)
St. Louis (tough. In charge of the wild card battle right now)
Avalanche (very beatable these days, I can see them falling out of the wild card race by this point)
Minnesota (should be easy)
San Jose (tough)
Edmonton (should be easy)
Arizona (by this point I'd doubt they're still in the Wild Card race, but I can see them trying to be spoilers)
Kings (should be a win)

More than doable with how this team is playing.

No game is easy.

The second the Knights think a game will be easy is the exact moment they will lose the game.

I don't consider teams like Detroit and the Kings an easy game. Teams that don't have anything to play for anymore are the teams that are most dangerous imo.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No game is easy.

The second the Knights think a game will be easy is the exact moment they will lose the game.

I don't consider teams like Detroit and the Kings an easy game. Teams that don't have anything to play for anymore are the teams that are most dangerous imo.
I'm not saying the team should think like me.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
There is something i need to tell you guys. It is very important. So please take this seriously. Are you guys ready for it? Well here it is:

STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I know new team and all that and he definitely has had a positive impact on the team, but I don't really feel like Stone has taken over a game yet. You kinda want a guy making an AAV of 9.5 million to do that from time to time.

I'm not sure which Sens fan said Stone takes over games ( I know I read it on 1 of these threads) but watching him for the last 8 years i'd disagree. He's not flashy. He's exactly what you're seeing, takeaways in the defensive zone creating transition out of the zone, playmaking 5v5, 3v3OT, and PP, PK'ing, communicating, giving 100% effort every game, and usually shots on net producing goals, but holy crap I've never seen him miss the net as often as he has in his 5 vegas games. You guys got smaller nets out there or something? He contributes in all aspects of the game but isn't flashy or game controlling from what ive seen. Just a solid consistent contributor, game in game out.\, who will eventually start putting up more points. I'm sure he's just getting settled in learning systems and teammates tendencies on ice.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'm not sure which Sens fan said Stone takes over games ( I know I read it on 1 of these threads) but watching him for the last 8 years i'd disagree. He's not flashy. He's exactly what you're seeing, takeaways in the defensive zone creating transition out of the zone, playmaking 5v5, 3v3OT, and PP, PK'ing, communicating, giving 100% effort every game, and usually shots on net producing goals, but holy crap I've never seen him miss the net as often as he has in his 5 vegas games. You guys got smaller nets out there or something? He contributes in all aspects of the game but isn't flashy or game controlling from what ive seen. Just a solid consistent contributor, game in game out.\, who will eventually start putting up more points. I'm sure he's just getting settled in learning systems and teammates tendencies on ice.

Well i mean missing the net has been the story of the Knights season.

The Knights either miss the net or hit the post or crossbar on a consistent basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad