GDT: Game 68 - Avs @ Sharks - Doo Doo Doo - 8PM

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I don't really want to argue about it but I think the last goal was bad, but the other 2 were on our poor defense. Looking at his stats he's been more consistent than Grubauer in nearly as many games played. I'm happy to have both, but it seems like people complain about Francouz if he isn't absolutely perfect or doesn't go full Patrick Roy every night. Just seems to me like some are just looking for any little thing to blame him on.

I don’t have a problem with Frankie, or Grubauer, or you lol. I’m just pointing out that imo Francouz gets a lot more leeway, which, as the backup is understandable.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Good win. But was Girard missing in this game or I'm tripping? I was watching in a restaurant wasnt really paying close attention

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Anyone saying MacK is a product of Rants can take a seat!

He’s obviously a product of Namestnikov

giphy.gif

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It’s going to be a tough race for the Central title.

Looking at the Blues schedule, they could easily win their next four games.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Good win. But was Girard missing in this game or I'm tripping? I was watching in a restaurant wasnt really paying close attention

Wasn't amazing, but he kept the puck moving up ice consistently. Had at least one prime chance you'd like him to put away.

I thought EJ was actually really good. He created some chances which we need.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
It’s going to be a tough race for the Central title.

Looking at the Blues schedule, they could easily win their next four games.

Yeah if things go as they should, I don't see us catching them. At this point, I'm just hoping the boys start shifting to playoff mode and avoid injuries going into the post season. We're most likely getting Dallas.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He was pretty quiet, which is usually a good sign for a defenseman playing top pairing minutes.

Reactions: the_fan

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Pretty reassuring that Landeskog and Namestikov have stepped up when we were clearly hurting depth wish and worked so well it gives us some nice flexibility line wise.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The team is just scraping by right now. Huge props to them for still getting wins, but you can tell the team is lacking talent in a big way.

The top line was awesome, but outside of that, nobody else really played well.

I think we’re fortunate that the easiest portion of the schedule is coming at the time the injuries are at their worst.

Need bodies back. Fingers crossed the Kadri’s and Rantanen’s of the world return next week.

Really? I didn't necessarily get that impression. And the stats seem to suggest as much.

Colorado Avalanche @ San Jose Sharks, 2020-03-08

Avs had a shaky start, then absolutely caved in the Sharks in the 2nd. Right now they're just not getting the saves they need at one end, and they're not putting the puck away at the other, not for lack of trying. But they controlled the latter 2/3rds of this game.

I thought was saw decent efforts from quite a few guys. Not many players are going to stand out in a slogfest like this, and the Avs are definitely lacking creativity and finish. They just...don't have the talent to do what they want to do, so they're making due. But I think they're actually playing relatively well all things considered.

Cole had two dumb penalties but at least looked a fair bit better tonight than he did in Vancouver. EJ was pretty solid as well. Graves was...Graves.

I keep waiting for this mythical unicorn shot that Connauton supposedly has, but all he managed tonight was a big turnover for a breakaway goal.

Glad to see Donk doing that to his old team, it felt a lot worse in the postseason when he was the guy with the GWG for SJ.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why did Nashville trade us such a good dman, Sam Girard. Sakic is going to be a GM of the year.

He had his 2C all lined up in Turris and thought Fabbro would make up for the loss. You can bet he regrets the move now, and he also regrets time before that when he traded a good young defenseman for a center.

The lesson here?
Develop your own damn centers.
Knowing.jpg

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Wasn't amazing, but he kept the puck moving up ice consistently. Had at least one prime chance you'd like him to put away.

I thought EJ was actually really good. He created some chances which we need.

Yup, he actually has looked better each game since Makar went down and coincidentally since he's not paired with Girard. Definitely not faulting Girard, but EJ neuters his play too much when he's the second fiddle to Girard. EJ is at his best when he's skating the puck through the neutral zone, he simply can't play the stretch pass game and he looks like a completely different defender when he's trying to do that.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Really? I didn't necessarily get that impression. And the stats seem to suggest as much.

Colorado Avalanche @ San Jose Sharks, 2020-03-08

Avs had a shaky start, then absolutely caved in the Sharks in the 2nd. Right now they're just not getting the saves they need at one end, and they're not putting the puck away at the other, not for lack of trying. But they controlled the latter 2/3rds of this game.

I thought was saw decent efforts from quite a few guys. Not many players are going to stand out in a slogfest like this, and the Avs are definitely lacking creativity and finish. They just...don't have the talent to do what they want to do, so they're making due. But I think they're actually playing relatively well all things considered.

Cole had two dumb penalties but at least looked a fair bit better tonight than he did in Vancouver. EJ was pretty solid as well. Graves was...Graves.

I keep waiting for this mythical unicorn shot that Connauton supposedly has, but all he managed tonight was a big turnover for a breakaway goal.

Glad to see Donk doing that to his old team, it felt a lot worse in the postseason when he was the guy with the GWG for SJ.

Sorry, I was perhaps a bit harsh. I just didn’t see a lot of high danger chances from anyone outside of the MacKinnon line.

I’m definitely happy with the win and the team deserves a lot of credit for grinding out another victory.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
8 points on Dallas with 14 games left, that's a good cushion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad