GDT: Game 68 - Avs @ Sharks - Doo Doo Doo - 8PM

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
To Be Fair (insert obligatory Letterkenny meme here), Jost has looked better in all areas than Neito lately. PK, forechecking, possession, etc. Even today, Neito played better than in recent games, but Jost was still better.
There were some instances where someone made a really good/solid, heads up play and I asked myself who it was...and it kept being Jost on more than one occasion. No he isn’t going to be a top 6 guy, but he can be a solid and effective player for us for a long time is this is how he keeps playing.

Reactions: avspatti

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
It’s not just his shot he needs to work on...its upper body strength in general. There’s many instances where he needs more speed/juice on his passes and he just doesn’t possess the requisite strength. Hopefully that’s a facet he can improve upon as well.

It's easy to forget that he's only 21 years old still until this spring.

Reactions: avspatti

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So we can all feel comfortable about signing him to a big contract again?!? :sarcasm:

Then when the next slump and collective freakout happens, we can talk about letting him walk as a UFA again?!?

Might as well get comfortable with the inevitable. Whether it's this summer (most likely) or next, he's getting a long-term extension here. The back end will probably suck but he'll be worth it for a few years when they're hopefully competing for Cups.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Might as well get comfortable with the inevitable. Whether it's this summer (most likely) or next, he's getting a long-term extension here.

Yup....

I'm just being a smartass for whenever Landy gets into a slump. This board piles on to his games and freaks out every. single. time. When he recovers, it goes quiet. Landy will get re-signed, and he will get paid. It will very likely suck when he is 32.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Best part of this recent stretch has been that Landeskog appears to be all the way back now. That was another great game for him last night.
Honestly there's only one real difference in his game right now compared to earlier, and that is his willingness to do his job. His job isn't puck carrier through the neutral zone, finesse your way in and distribute. His job is park his ass in and around the net get rebounds, tip ins etc. And win some puck battles in the corners and get the puck to MacK or Rantanen. And honestly in the last 10 or so it's helped Landy get back on track and it's helped MacK get out of his mini slump.

Not going to comment on if he wasn't fully healthy or not because we'll never know, but it was like a light bulb switched on in his head about 10 games ago and he remembered how he plays hockey. Not sure why it took so damn long for him to do so, but at least he is doing what he needs to do because it makes us much more dangerous.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not even the hyperbolic time chamber will be able to help him.
Look at the length of his hockey stick compared to someone who has a great shot. It can't work.

I6qE5r5.jpg

jCFnbfx.jpg

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Man, the thought of a Sammy G who can shoot? That makes me salivate. I can't even count the number of times this season when I felt like he would have scored if he didn't have a muffin.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad