GDT: Game 68 • 3/13/2015 • Wild vs. Ducks • 7:00 PM Central, 2:00 AM Suomi • FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

Why was Granlund benched 2min left, he's a player YOU use on those situations.

Probably because he was terrible tonight? Maybe because Yeo knows that a 6 on 5 situation to end the game is going to come down to board battles and scrums in front of the net? Did you really want to watch Granlund get knocked down another half dozen times?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
playoff team will buckle up and win a game like this. huge disappointment. didn't convert the plethora of opportunities....bound to happen with our recent PDO but still...game you HAVE to win.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Probably because he was terrible tonight? Maybe because Yeo knows that a 6 on 5 situation to end the game is going to come down to board battles and scrums in front of the net? Did you really want to watch Granlund get knocked down another half dozen times?

Well I don't think that's the reason because Vanek and Pominville were there and they are worse on the boards than Granlund. Yeo loves those righties.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
playoff team will buckle up and win a game like this. huge disappointment. didn't convert the plethora of opportunities....bound to happen with our recent PDO but still...game you HAVE to win.

Didn't HAVE to win the game. We still have plenty of opportunities to win games. Can't hang our heads because we lost a game we should have won.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

You also need talent to score, and I wouldn't say he was terrible.
He created some scoring chances but no one could finish them.

If you Yeo wants to go crazy he should use stewart in front of the net, parise doing his thing(everything), dumba+ granlund on point, and koivu working in the middle+ the faceoff guy. :laugh:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
You actually believe that, don't you?

Pominville and Vanek are extremely weak on the boards. Granlund is at least shifty and can make fast turns. I thought this was general knowledge to everyone..

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Pominville and Vanek are extremely weak on the boards. Granlund is at least shifty and can make fast turns. I thought this was general knowledge to everyone..

I agree that Vanek and Pominville only use their stick along the boards while Granlund will use his body.

I don't have a problem with how the 6on5 went though.

J22*

You also need talent to score, and I wouldn't say he was terrible.
He created some scoring chances but no one could finish them.

If you Yeo wants to go crazy he should use stewart in front of the net, parise doing his thing(everything), dumba+ granlund on point, and koivu working in the middle+ the faceoff guy. :laugh:

He's playing on the 1st line and getting big minutes. Making a couple of passes to the point isn't considered "creating scoring chances" IMO. The kid has been very good for about a month now, but tonight he was brutal.

If you don't KNOW that Granlund is the worst player on the roster, when it comes to board play, you might want to check your "general knowledge".

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If you don't KNOW that Granlund is the worst player on the roster, when it comes to board play, you might want to check your "general knowledge".

Yeah, just like you KNOW Granlund is horrible in his own zone too right? ;)

Your Granlund hate it downright irrational.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's playing on the 1st line and getting big minutes. Making a couple of passes to the point isn't considered "creating scoring chances" IMO. The kid has been very good for about a month now, but tonight he was brutal.

How was he brutal? He saved Suter in the 3rd making good defensive play. He's a passer not a shooter, he creates and others finish.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Emma-Stone-Shrug-GIF.gif

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I really don't care about our PP because our PK seems to make up for it, but why in the **** does Suter seem to make so many mistakes on it? The guy is an absolute stud in every facet of the game, except on the PP. He dumps it in, which just doesn't work with our system, and he has a very weak shot that seems to cause many turnovers. Hell, he almost had a costly turnover today by simply dumping the puck in.

I think he has a spot on the PP, but certainly not on the Top unit. I'd like to see Spurgeon or Scandella (when healthy) get a shot on it. They seem to know how to carry the puck into the zone and are mobile during the PP.

J22*

Yeah, just like you KNOW Granlund is horrible in his own zone too right? ;)

Your Granlund hate it downright irrational.

What's irrational is this boards opinion of what level player Granlund actually is. I know he shows flashes of actually being a 1st line center at times, and that's what people want to cling too, but he hasn't been near good enough for the Wild to get to where they want to be.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
After going out to the local watering hole, and having several beers, I came to the conclusion that we're gonna be juuuuuuuuuuuust fine.

We're comin' for ya St. Louis! :yo:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

Terrible? What game did you watch? He was fantastic apart from the faceoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad