GDT: Game 67: Vancouver Canucks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 1:00PM | V for Verbose

Would you take my 6 month intesive dad joke course?

• Total voters

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
GCNR.gif

Charles Nelson Reilly approves.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Eh. SJ and Calgary probably has a better chance. Nashville too. But I wouldn't count Vegas out. Those are really the only four players I see as having a credible chance.

I actually question Calgary.
Even as good as they are playing, I think they have a fantastic top line, an ok top six....but wonder about their bottom six in playoff scenarios, and while I think their defensemen are fantastic (on the attack), I still wonder about their ability to truly shut down a team, again, in playoff scenarios, where EVERYTHING is magnified and a team like Calgary doesn't have the benefit of feasting on weak offensive teams.

Not saying the Flames will fizzle out, but until I see different, I will question their ability to make a run to the Finals.
I like San Jose's and Nashville's chances better...more complete teams, have "been there, done that", and have the personnel to truly shut down teams...although, truth be told, the Sharkies goaltending is suspect.....
Winnipeg? If they can be more consistent, maybe a threat as well.

Vegas?
You guys may not have the most elite of anything (except maybe MAF still), but what you DO have is the ability to roll out four legit lines, underrated defensemen who are good at everything from coverage to attack, to nastiness.
And a head coach who seems to understand his players helps a lot.

Having that run to the Finals last year may also have served to whet the appetite of many of the players in Vegas, and I can only imagine they want more.

Knights look like, positionally, they are firmly planted in that 3rd spot in the Pacific and will likely face either the Sharks or Flames as a road team to start things off, but if SJ's goaltending is as suspect as I believe, and Calgary isn't quite ready from playoff primetime, then I think LV has just a good a shot as anyone to moving on.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Good afternoon all... Lightning and Wild fan coming in peace!

Would like to watch the rest of this game with fans of Sin City and see what you guys think of the Knights' chances of repeating a Stanley Cup Finals run.

Also, I tend to follow certain players around the league.... Jonathan Marchessault, Alex Tuch, Shea Theodore, and Brayden McNabb are four players of interest.

I think I’m more optimistic than most. This is the best the team has looked all season.

The biggest concern I have is being in third place means likely having to beat both San Jose and Calgary and whoever comes out of the other division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad