Post-Game Talk: GAME #67 (haha, 67): Canucks 3 vs. Maple Leafs 2 (OT)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Man I wish

bSzA5e.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks with nothing to play for....and Leafs with everything to play for. If they lose to the lowly Canucks tonight, the media frenzy in the center of the universe will reach a fever pitch.

Given the talent disparity and the fact the Leafs will be playing this game with a heightened fear of losing, it could get ugly. Hopefully the Vegas game prepared Markstrom for his role as the lead 'clay pigeon in a shooting gallery'.

My guess 4-1 or 5-1 Leafs.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I find it very funny that a big chunk of this fan base refuses to give any credits to leafs management for their successful turn around. Instead they kept claiming that the reasons why they are good now is because of lottery pick and that they’ve sucked longer.

Those ppl are either straight up stupid or their hatred toward the leafs completely blind their sight. Eithe way is childish and sad.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
I find it very funny that a big chunk of this fan base refuses to give any credits to leafs management for their successful turn around. Instead they kept claiming that the reasons why they are good now is because of lottery pick and that they’ve sucked longer.

Those ppl are either straight up stupid or their hatred toward the leafs completely blind their sight. Eithe way is childish and sad.
I honestly don't get it. If we could trade our front office for theirs I'd personally drive ours all the way to Toronto. They saw that they weren't going to be competitive, sold all the vets, and replaced them with cheap vets that they knew they could flip at the TDL for additional assets. They drafted well, made some smart trades, (Muzzin, Petan, Kapanen) and are now reaping the rewards of committing to a rebuild and sticking with it until it's done properly. My fellow Canucks fans should be envious.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I honestly don't get it. If we could trade our front office for theirs I'd personally drive ours all the way to Toronto. They saw that they weren't going to be competitive, sold all the vets, and replaced them with cheap vets that they knew they could flip at the TDL for additional assets. They drafted well, made some smart trades, (Muzzin, Petan, Kapanen) and are now reaping the rewards of committing to a rebuild and sticking with it until it's done properly. My fellow Canucks fans should be envious.
MuSt HaTe EveRyTHiNg ToRonTo BaSeD

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Don’t get this whole jealousy thing, should I be?
I wake up every day, eat and head to work, enjoy my time on the weekend..

They are now on a win now mode, we are not.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Don’t get this whole jealousy thing, should I be?
I wake up every day, eat and head to work, enjoy my time on the weekend..

They are now on a win now mode, we are not.
I think it's because they were bad the same year we were bad, and now they're really good and we're still just bad. But I know I'd rather have Beagle, Schaller, Sutter, and Eriksson being paid more than Auston Matthews or John Tavares. Sure they don't put up any points, or help us win, but the intangibles! What would our kids like Markus Granlund and Derrick Pouliot do without their foundational grit and leadership!

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I just want Petterson to get 3 points. Don't care if they win or lose.

Also why the f__k are we starting at 6pm just to suit the Toronto audience? B_____t

Reactions: The Missing Piece

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I despise the Leafs, but good on them. They did it there right way, scorched earth rebuild with tons of draft picks on smart flips. Then they get Tavares as a reward.

We on the other hand get into bidding wars in free agency for 4th liners that we end up overpaying and signed for 2 years too long. Just a day late and a dollar short every time.

Dark times ahead my friends. Let it burn I say!

Reactions: DarrenX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad