Post-Game Talk: GAME #67 (haha, 67): Canucks 3 vs. Maple Leafs 2 (OT)

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I hate them. I’ve always hated them. The hate is not for the players, even. It’s for their grossly entitled fans, and the fawning coverage the team receives, especially now.

Even when they sucked, they got so much disproportionate coverage it was sickening. Fawning can be negative, too. They were rightfully eviscerated by their own loyal base, with waffles and sweaters sailing over the glass. And still, they got nothing but more and more coverage, the networks presuming all of Canada was invested in a resurrection. Having a good team now makes hating them almost more rewarding, because the deeper they go in the playoffs, the more heartbreaking to their fans the eventual loss will be.

Even factoring in how big a market they are the coverage from the house network at Sportsnet, the keeping up with the Joneses of TSN, and the incessant Saturday games during prime time are still just nauseating to us who despise all things Toronto.

Last night’s come from behind win, in front of all those “ every game is a home game” losers, made the season for me. I can just imagine how their chirping and smugness gave way to silence or excuses.

My hatred is irrational, constant, bitter, and pointless.

I hope it never goes away.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad