GDT: Game # 67: Devils host Lightning @7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Hi my Devils friends.

Looks like the Team had as rough a day as I did.

I showed up at the job site for afternoon shift and discovered that over $1,000 of my Milwaukee Tools had been stolen sometime over the last 2 days.

Fortunately I have a current Employer who is a f***ing saint and will compensate myself & the others who were robbed.

As for the Game, I’m confident your Boys will bounce back and resume their exceptional play down the stretch.

Thank you all for the positive feedback and hilarious comments during this run. I hope you’ll be ok if I jump in with some more GDT’s in the future.

See you all soon,

View attachment 669207

oh man. i would lose my shit if someone jacked my tools....

so much as to try and hunt down who did it and smash their hands with an old school wooden handled drywall hammer...

degenerate piece of trash

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Have you watched Tampa over the last three post-seasons? This is what they do. They play rope a dope. Trust that their goalie will make big saves because he’s the best in the world, wait for the other team to screw up so that their all world offense can execute to perfection, they take the lead and then shut it down.

This is exactly how the devils can lose to the rangers in the first round. It’s not just dumb luck. You can’t give these types of teams 3-4 odd man rushes before the second period is even over. They will put the puck past our average goalies and then smother the shit out of our stars.
Yeah, this didn’t look anything at all like the Tampa team that won cups. We even out-hit them. It was a boring slog after they went up by 3 after being totally and completely outplayed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hi my Devils friends.

Looks like the Team had as rough a day as I did.

I showed up at the job site for afternoon shift and discovered that over $1,000 of my Milwaukee Tools had been stolen sometime over the last 2 days.

Fortunately I have a current Employer who is a f***ing saint and will compensate myself & the others who were robbed.

As for the Game, I’m confident your Boys will bounce back and resume their exceptional play down the stretch.

Thank you all for the positive feedback and hilarious comments during this run. I hope you’ll be ok if I jump in with some more GDT’s in the future.

See you all soon,

View attachment 669207
#FIREBOWNESS

Seriously, your thoughts? Bowness being a thing this season is the most non-goalie related happening around the league that I currently have a huge issue with.

Sorry to hear about your tools.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, this didn’t look anything at all like the Tampa team that won cups. We even out-hit them. It was a boring slog after they went up by 3 after being totally and completely outplayed.

Eh, I don't know. That looked a lot of what the Panthers did to the Lightning in round 2 where they outplayed them for a stretch, Bob gives up a ton of shit goals and then Panthers can't score on Vasy. Granted we hit a ton of posts. Need better finishing on Thursday and a powerplay that doesn't ruin momentum for us.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Every single player to a man in the Devils locker room knows they played like shit.

You can justify that game in October, November, December, January and maybe even February... middle March, that was was a horseshit performance.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eh, I don't know. That looked a lot of what the Panthers did to the Lightning in round 2 where they outplayed them for a stretch, Bob gives up a ton of shit goals and then Panthers can't score on Vasy. Granted we hit a ton of posts. Need better finishing on Thursday and a powerplay that doesn't ruin momentum for us.
Power play is the one non-goalie area I take issue with tonight. It STUNK. The shorty was unnecessary and I can't think of one good thing we did on the two power plays.

And I don't know why Wood has ended back up on the power play the last couple of games again. Just like the other guy with wood in his name, that's like a roach that doesn't die or a horror movie ending where the killer or ghost are still lurking just before the credits roll.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh gee... Ruff says we were good the first 15 minutes and then we got out competed....where did we hear that before?

Reactions: mdj12784

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
We had 13 shots total in the 2nd and 3rd period. Outscored 4-0 since the 15 minute mark and outshot 22-15 in that span. It didn't look like we were able to generate dangerous scoring chances once we lost the lead.

Goaltending completely deflated them, it happens. Come back on Thursday with your hair on fire as the skaters. They're gonna give Schmid the start on Thursday anyway, better be prepared to play Vasy again Thursday

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Mogilny had 43 goals and 40 assets in 75 games in his first year in NJ I would hardly call that shit 😄
Dude was pretty much invisible in 1999-2000, that's what I was referring to. We acquired him in-season just like Timo. He had 7 goals and 13 points in 35 games as a Devil that year, including playoffs.

Reactions: Guadana

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We had 13 shots total in the 2nd and 3rd period. Outscored 4-0 since the 15 minute mark and outshot 22-15 in that span. It didn't look like we were able to generate dangerous scoring chances once we lost the lead.
We packed it in at some point late in the 2nd period.

We were pretty good before that, outside of the power play and goalie who crapped out about halfway into the 2nd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad