GDT: Game # 67: Devils host Lightning @7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I just peaked at our record after 66 games in 17-18, which I've done often this year, since it's the most recent playoff year.

We only had 74 points after 66 games in 17-18. We didn't even have 94 points until game 79, where we got points 94 and 95. We were in a wild card battle at the end there and who can forget the scoreboard watching of Florida? And that year they were the team with the games in hand on us.

Even 11-12 team had 79 points after 66 games we got 94 points that year in game 78.

09-10 was a division winning team and only had 83 points after 66 games and point 94 came in game 76 that year. Remember that year we were on pace for the presidents trophy in the first half and fell off a cliff in the second half of that year.
I remember we also had a pivotal game with CAR towards the end of the season when things were getting dicey that we won in OT. It was on a weird angle shot, I think Hall or Nico scored.

Team needs to watch out for Kuch pulling dirty shit if we go up by multiple goals. Oh and Tanner “guys I’m not worth this many draft picks” Jeannot is a feisty bastard to look out for.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember we also had a pivotal game with CAR towards the end of the season when things were getting dicey that we won in OT. It was on a weird angle shot, I think Hall or Nico scored.

Team needs to watch out for Kuch pulling dirty shit if we go up by multiple goals. Oh and Tanner “guys I’m not worth this many draft picks” Jeannot is a feisty bastard to look out for.
I think that was in the second half of the season, but a little earlier than this.

I think the one you're talking about was the Hall OT winner on Cam Ward, which was on a very weak rebound that Cam Ward should have covered. I don't think anybody but Hall realized it wasn't covered.

I think that game was actually the night after the Tampa game I went to, where Eddie Lack played and stopped like 49 out of 52 or something for the win.

I'm looking at the schedule for that year and the only OT win we had after that Carolina OT win on February 18th was on March 23rd against Pittsburgh. We also lost in OT to Pittsburgh a week later, which wound up being our only loss in the middle of a 7-0-1 stretch that clinched us a playoff spot in game 81 of that season. I can't remember who scored the Pittsburgh OT winner, but that might have been the game where Blake Coleman was clearly lip read saying ''I f***ing own you'' to Crosby.

Looked it up, apparently it was Hall (from Nico) that also scored the OT winner on Pittsburgh in game 74 of that season. Was that the odd angle one? I gotta look it up and see if I can find it on youtube.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
So its snowing quite a bit in NYC atm. How will the trains from Newark to NYC be impacted? Are they gonna be on schedule or does a bit of snow cause chaos in the NJ transit trains?

Am i gonna get back to Manhattan after the game? :laugh:

Lgd!

• Wow
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Couldn't find a video for just the goal on here, but found the condensed game on youtube.

It was Hall on a breakaway on a trickler through Matt Murray's 5-hole.

I did happen to catch a Grabner breakaway later in regulation when the game was tied 3-3 that he missed waayyyy wide on lol.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
So its snowing quite a bit in NYC atm. How will the trains from Newark to NYC be impacted? Are they gonna be on schedule or does a bit of snow cause chaos in the NJ transit trains?

Lgd!

You should be fine. It snows enough in this area that we can handle a small to moderate amount of snow no problem. Plus i think its going to stop snowing soon.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I think that was in the second half of the season, but a little earlier than this.

I think the one you're talking about was the Hall OT winner on Cam Ward, which was on a very weak rebound that Cam Ward should have covered. I don't think anybody but Hall realized it wasn't covered.

I think that game was actually the night after the Tampa game I went to, where Eddie Lack played and stopped like 49 out of 52 or something for the win.

I'm looking at the schedule for that year and the only OT win we had after that Carolina OT win on February 18th was on March 23rd against Pittsburgh. We also lost in OT to Pittsburgh a week later, which wound up being our only loss in the middle of a 7-0-1 stretch that clinched us a playoff spot in game 81 of that season. I can't remember who scored the Pittsburgh OT winner, but that might have been the game where Blake Coleman was clearly lip read saying ''I f***ing own you'' to Crosby.

Looked it up, apparently it was Hall (from Nico) that also scored the OT winner on Pittsburgh in game 74 of that season. Was that the odd angle one? I gotta look it up and see if I can find it on youtube.
Oh you know what, I was conflating OT wins. The PITT one was the weird angle, gracias sir.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Lgd!

Not a problem.

The snow around The Rock will all be melted... the Devils are *HOT!!!*

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh you know what, I was conflating OT wins. The PITT one was the weird angle, gracias sir.
I had no recollection of that game, to be honest with you.

I remember we played Pittsburgh twice in the last two weeks of the season and I remember we lost the one in OT at home, but I can't remember who scored the winner in that one for Pittsburgh.

I do remember ''I f***ing own you!'' from Coleman to Crosby, which was in one of those two late season games against them.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

Lgd!

It's not accumulating, and I've done the PATH from Manhattan to Newark during a blizzard before. You'll be fine!

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I ain't afraid of no bolts.

1678828795624.png

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Only way Tampa beats us is the combination of us getting "goalied" by Vasilevksy and the Devils shooting themselves in the foot. They have less than nothing to play for (Tampa) right now. The division is out of reach they don't care where they start against Toronto and shouldn't. This is preseason hockey for the Bolts. I expect at least 4 out of 6 points from this mini series. With that being said I'm not at all saying this Tampa team isn't a contender again this spring. Just lower odds as they age and can Vasilevksy play that great in another post season.

Reactions: My3Sons

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Tampa is an example of the kind of team that we need to start putting in the rearview mirror on a regular basis.

McDonagh gone, Gourde gone, Coleman gone, Goodrow gone, we took Palat.

They're Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, Sergachev, and not much else.

Reactions: Clam Jensen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia