GDT: Game 67 - CBJ vs VAN - 1 Mar, 7pm, @Nat

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Ugh. The defensemen are having a terrible time clearing the puck and clearing the zone tonight and the last handful of games.

Reactions: Madifer

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I hope the recent abysmal effort doesnt cost Torts his job. Its out of anyone's control right now and hardly any coach would do better. Its not even that painful to see.

Reactions: mikeyp24

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
57 is a cross checking fool and the refs haven’t called one all evening.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Why is always the fault of the defense? There was not a player anywhere near him on that last goal. He should have had it. And I don't even have to be specific to only that one goal. He has allowed 7 goals in approximately a combined 3 periods of play.
I’m talking in general, there’s no way both Korpi and Elvis just became average out of nowhere

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Good thing we traded away Milano, it’s not like we need guys with offensive upside , we have plenty of skilled guys , and very little of grinder type players :naughty:
Grinders are at least able to throw a hit. Get out some Tutus for our team. They are not doing much of anything well

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
I’m talking in general, there’s no way both Korpi and Elvis just became average out of nowhere
Oh I can agree on that. I am one of the few around here, though, who believes that Elvis is a significantly better goaltender than Korpisalo.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
You guys need to not stop worrying about our talent level.. ........remember what the Oracle of Columbus said last year......”no matter what happens, we’re gonna have a good team”

Reactions: Fro

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
How I wish we had a Panarin type of player. This team is so missing the moments of star players taking over with skill
Let’s be real, aside from Bjorkstrand , Pld, Cam, this team has a bunch of below average forwards , very little team speed

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
You guys need to not stop worrying about our talent level.. ........remember what the Oracle of Columbus said last year......”no matter what happens, we’re gonna have a good team”
Well, despite very little offensive skill on this real, it’s still in play offs race, so it is a good team per se

Reactions: thebus88

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
This is mid-2000's CBJ hockey. Just brutally painful to watch. Hardly a trace of skill or speed.

Can't believe I am making the trip to Calgary and Edmonton this week. They won't sniff a point in western Canada.

Oh well, Rogers Place looks cool. Should be fun regardless.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
how would he have helped the team from the press box?
Yup, what’s even more funny is Gerbe had 2 points in his last 17 games , Robinson , 2 in last 22 games , but Coach has different standards for different players . Let’s face it , team won a lot of their games giving up 1 goal , sometimes 2 , that’s not a formula for success in today’s Nhl .

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This is mid-2000's CBJ hockey. Just brutally painful to watch. Hardly a trace of skill or speed.

Can't believe I am making the trip to Calgary and Edmonton this week. They won't sniff a point in western Canada.

Oh well, Rogers Place looks cool. Should be fun regardless.
Unfortunately another game where we help the backup goalie look like a starting goalie.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don’t think Torts can be crucified with this team so beaten down by injuries.
As long as we don’t get sold a line of crap about the injuries and they don’t do anything to fix the forwards.

Regardless if injuries, there needs to be done retooling of personnel in the forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00