GDT: Game 67 - CBJ vs VAN - 1 Mar, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Morale is a tad low, to say the least, but let's see how this goes now that we're getting Murray back.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Columbus has points in 30 of 37 games (20-7-10) but is 1-5-5 in its last 11. … The team's 14 overtime losses lead the NHL. … Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 19 goals from the blue line this season. … Emil Bemstrom has scored in three of four games while Foligno has tallies in four of five. … Alexander Wennberg is one point from 200 in his career. … The Blue Jackets have played in one-goal contests (excluding empty-net goals) in 15 of the last 17 games and 41 one-goal games overall this season. … The Blue Jackets are in the midst of a stretch of six straight games vs. Western Conference foes. … Columbus has lost five straight at home vs. Vancouver.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Nick Foligno
Stefan Matteau - Alexander Wennberg - Riley Nash
Devin Shore - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Eric Robinson - Kevin Stenlund - Ryan MacInnis

Zach Werenski - David Savard
Ryan Murray - Markus Nutivaara
Vladislav Gavrikov - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Oliver Bjorkstrand (injury), Nathan Gerbe (injury), Jakob Lilja, Gabriel Carlsson, Elvis Merzlikins (injury)

Roster Report: Gerbe did not practice Saturday being he's "nicked up," Tortorella said, and MacInnis took line rushes in his stead. Murray should return and play with Nutivaara.

canucks.nhl.com, being on the other side of the world continent, doesn't have a preview article up yet, but we do have their projected lineup from their game last night against the Leafs:

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Canucks' last game:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Backup goalie for Canucks. Markstrom is on IR. Hopefully Korpi is on tonight.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
hopefully domingue give the team a a win. need to come back if they want to keep hope

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Except for the Flyers, every team in the Metro is ice cold now. I still don't think we're a playoff team, but if everyone else is going to lose...

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I like the D right now if they stay healthy and Korp can play well I can see them stopping most shot. but scoring is gonna be hard.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Im at a point where i dont know if i want playoffs or a better pick position. The losses and injuries have me demoralized I can only imagine how the team feels. Just throwing this out to the universe to give me a sign.

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
CBJ win 2-1 in OT to complete the Trifecta for Columbus sports today. (Crew win, OSU beats UM in Mens Hoops)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Im at a point where i dont know if i want playoffs or a better pick position. The losses and injuries have me demoralized I can only imagine how the team feels. Just throwing this out to the universe to give me a sign.
Depends how much better a pick we’re talking .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad