Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 THE BEAR HARPOONS A WHALE - BRUINS 4 Hartford 3 F/OT

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I haven't seen anything saying he was hospitalized. I would hope news outlets would know the difference between being taken to the hospital and actually being hospitalized.

Well, it's ESPN and it's hockey, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: Alicat and lopey

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Go 100% lit up by Ferland. It was a good clean hit, but he got rocked. As I said that I also must admit, I would 100% take Ferland on this team next year. Re-sign MoJo and get Ferland...

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Ferland - Coyle - MoJo

^That's a nice top 9....then go with a young 4th line of Cehlarik - Frederic - Karson

Too bad Ferland *apparently* wants a shit ton of cash

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Espn app sent out an alert saying that MoJonwas hospitalized.

Picking nits but going to the hospital as a precautionary measure and being hospitalized are two very different things to me. Do we know if he was admitted or if he just had some tests?

Cassidy said something about him going there, I’m sure it’s just testing. Doubt Cassidy would’ve made the comments he did if it was anything serious. I agree with you btw, a little transparency goes a long way on this issue lol

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Cassidy said something about him going there, I’m sure it’s just testing. Doubt Cassidy would’ve made the comments he did if it was anything serious. I agree with you btw, a little transparency goes a long way on this issue lol

I probably wasn't clear because I was posting while I was trying to do 4 things at once, but I was 100% blaming ESPN for not reporting the situation correctly. Unless they are, in which case, shit.

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'd just be happy with Mojo being back and healthy soon.

I'm a horrendous poker player. I hate going all in and I tend to fold fairly often. Probably why I suck at it. But I was relieved Mojo was brought in without having to sacrifice a ton to get him at the time and i'm still glad for that now, especially considering he got hurt as of last night. Here's to hoping he bounces right back

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ever defenseman (maybe with the exception of Carlo) had a rough game. They didn’t seem prepared for Carolina’s forecheck.

Won`t argue that however, in all the games that I have seen involving the Canes , and I try to as much as I can as they are fun to watch, their overall team speed and relentless motor causes fits for opponents every game. Where they get into trouble is that they have little in the way of defensive structure

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
He's looking for Wilson type money, which is around $5 million a year.

Not to go crazy with too much baseless speculation, but I’m pretty sure one of the big insiders had mentioned back in January that they heard his ask was closer to $7M than Wilson-level

Who knows if that’s true or not

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ferland will get 5/25 then in year 3 he will fall off of a cliff. As is power forward tradition

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ferland will get 5/25 then in year 3 he will fall off of a cliff. As is power forward tradition

yep, I see Wilson, in 2-3 years falling into the same category Looch is in now. It`s just so hard to play that style without it impacting your body and it`s recovery to playing that way

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Playing with crap right now

How you can say that.Backes last nite made a few plays happen.That save on Marchand where he was robbed was cause of him getting in on forecheck.Coyle played in Minny with their top liners and only had 10 goals you know.Coyle is a 3rd liner .

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not to go crazy with too much baseless speculation, but I’m pretty sure one of the big insiders had mentioned back in January that they heard his ask was closer to $7M than Wilson-level

Who knows if that’s true or not

On Jan 19th in a Sportsnet article about Ferland's next deal

“The feeling is now that Ferland would be looking for Tom Wilson-type money,” Kypreos reported Saturday during the Headlines segment of Hockey Night in Canada.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
yep, I see Wilson, in 2-3 years falling into the same category Looch is in now. It`s just so hard to play that style without it impacting your body and it`s recovery to playing that way

I don't know though. Backes and Lucic around the 30 year old mark and both had a lot of miles on the tires. Ferland and Wilson are not there yet.

We'll say Backes fell off the cliff when he first came to Boston. Age - 32 / 727 GP

Now on Lucic lets go with him starting to fall off last season where he managed his worst p/gp in his career. Age - 29 / 729 GP

^BTW those don't include playoffs or international competition

Now let me throw in where Ferland and Wilson are career wise. To keep it cleaner I've added Backes & Lucic in as well for comparison

Players age at fall off & GP
Backes: Age - 32 / 727 GP
Lucic: Age - 29 / 729 GP
Ferland: Age - 26 / 307 GP
Wilson: Age - 24 / 438 GP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad