Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 THE BEAR HARPOONS A WHALE - BRUINS 4 Hartford 3 F/OT

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Cause clean or not you cannot have guys laying big hits on your skill guys without knowing its gonna be dealt with is why
I get that, but don't agree.
Let's say Backes had laid that hit on a Canes' player and had to respond in a fight, and got a concussion, out for the season.
Wouldn't we find ridiculous that Backes had to respond to a legal hit?
The way to retaliate is to do the same; go hit their skill guys, Aho, Teravainen, Hamilton, etc.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wilson at least passes as a top line forward as much as I don't like his truly predatory mindset. Ferland is best suited for a 3rd line wreaking havoc.

Let me preface this by saying that I wasn't a Ferland guy when people were talking about him around the TDL. I've watched some more CAR games recently though and actually think he'd be a solid add. While I agree that Ferland is best suited on the 3rd line, I found these few things interesting.

Since 2015 Ferland ranks 45th among LW's in points and 57th in P/GP (min 150gp). So if you figure 31 team in the NHL, production wise he's a #2 on a bottom 3rd team, but ideally a #3 (like we both think)

Since 2015 here is Ferland's production vs Wilson's:

Ferland - 281 GP / 57G / 62A / 119 Pts
Wilson - 289 GP / 46G / 64A / 110 Pts

^So IDK is a crazy to think that the market value for someone like him isn't $5 million a year?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Let me preface this by saying that I wasn't a Ferland guy when people were talking about him around the TDL. I've watched some more CAR games recently though and actually think he'd be a solid add. While I agree that Ferland is best suited on the 3rd line, I found these few things interesting.

Since 2015 Ferland ranks 45th among LW's in points and 57th in P/GP (min 150gp). So if you figure 31 team in the NHL, production wise he's a #2 on a bottom 3rd team, but ideally a #3 (like we both think)

Since 2015 here is Ferland's production vs Wilson's:

Ferland - 281 GP / 57G / 62A / 119 Pts
Wilson - 289 GP / 46G / 64A / 110 Pts

^So IDK is a crazy to think that the market value for someone like him isn't $5 million a year?

If you can get Ferland in and ship out Backes that 3rd line is going to be good.

I think we might have some serious locker room issues down the road if we bring in a newcomer that makes more than Bergeron and Marchand.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasternak
JDB-DK-Mojo
Bjork-Coyle-Ferland
Heinen-Kuraly-Wagner

That would be a damn good lineup IMO and as good a forward group as what Tampa has.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Marc Savard on Hockey Central alluding to Ferland busted hand..He broke his hand with Calgary fighting so could be true.
Karmas a b*tch for running at one of our most important players for our Cup run by a team with no Cup equity. Canes stay the Canes.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
you been to a hospital lately? He`d be fortunate if they have even processed his paperwork let alone taken him in to see the Dr:laugh::sarcasm:
So true. Those billboards on the highway that state 3 minute ER wait time. Thats just the time the receptionist takes to give you a nod recognizing your at the back of the line.

Reactions: Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So true. Those billboards on the highway that state 3 minute ER wait time. Thats just the time the receptionist takes to give you a nod recognizing your at the back of the line.
9HIF6DWPk1jEI.gif

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
you been to a hospital lately? He`d be fortunate if they have even processed his paperwork let alone taken him in to see the Dr:laugh::sarcasm:

So true. I must say, though, when you tell them that you fell off the ladder 14 feet up or come in green from pain from kidney stone they do tend to process you faster that the ones with sniffles. Arterial bleeding also helps. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ODAAT

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Was at the game, the young girl that sang the anthem was impressive. Started nervous but she belted the tough parts with authority and really sent spine chills to people in the stands.

100%

I felt the passion in the stands. We all did! It really sent chills. It was a moment that if it didnt come across on tv, you had to be in the Garden. She was incredible.

Reactions: mar2kbos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad