Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 THE BEAR HARPOONS A WHALE - BRUINS 4 Hartford 3 F/OT

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
If the hit was clean (I didn’t see it), then why did he have to answer for it?

At another time, in a different league, a crushing yet clean hit would be respected, and accepted, for what it is.

That hasn't been the case for a long time. Rightly or wrongly, teams feel the need to respond to big hits on skill players. As a purist, I don't like it. Still, I understand the dynamic, because if other clubs believe they can run your better players with impunity, they will. That, as they say, is a competitive disadvantage. So Backes goes after Ferland.

At this point, that's the way it goes. I fret for David, though he's apparently correct that concussions due to fights are fewer than those sustained after a mega hit. Do hope all understand what #42 is risking, however. That's how badly he wants to contribute.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I thought it was first time I saw it too but if you see it from another angle Dougie slipped a little bit. Either way it was nice to see him lose his man on the goal
I think he had a turnover lead to a goal as well?

I had trouble keeping track of all the blind icings and hot potato dumps Carolina did all night.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
2 Bruins threads on Leafs board now.Holy Moly..:amazed:

Are they in any way afraid of the Bruins, or full of brag?

I've said it before and shall again: TO fans = pre 2004 Sox fans. Pitino's "Fellowship of the miserable." Worst media & fans in the league, save one.

And the winner is, always and forever, MTL.

French Canadian aggrievement married to perpetual (and at this point, delusional) arrogance. Franchise history speaks for itself. Fandom & media? Good riddance to bad garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad