BRUINS GDT GAME 66 3:15 PM - The PENGUINS march on Causeway St - ABC, DISNEY, DISNEY +, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not sure. Columbus just played at home last night, so Im guessing there's a chance.
Columbus is in a home stand so he’s relatively close. Easy to get here tonight and be at morning skate first thing in the morning for a 3pm game.

Reactions: TCB

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Yep.

Sweeney had escaped the chokehold a couple of times now.

In a cap league, it’s very cyclical.
The end came for East powerhouses Pittsburgh and Washington.

Bruins have been the gold standard for regular season success, but the Pens have 3 Cups in the post lockout era.
I have been living in the DC area (Northern VA) since 2005. While they certainly have had better times, if the Caps were ever a powerhouse, I must have missed it. Certainly not on par with the hated Pens. Caps still hold the record for losses in a season and have a Cup final loss at home in 98 and their solitary Cup win. Ovechkin has more grey hair than I do now. They will not be better until Ovechkin retires and they can get on with the rebuild.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hopefully the boys can all take a deep sigh of relief and play exactly with the intensity of the last game. I want to see that sustained. Forechecking. Grit. Anger. Composure when needed. Do it all. Just win. And no injuries please. K thx!

giphy.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1709988801040.png

Officials

1709989265563.png
1709989199464.png

Referees Pierre Lambert (37), Jon McIsaac (2)
Linespersons Ryan Daisy (81), Matt MacPherson (83)

TODAY’S GAME -The Bruins host Penguins tonight in the second of three game between these teams this season and second of two Pittsburgh visits to TD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 37-13- 15 overall this season and they are 20-7-6 on home ice ... They are 21-9-5 ingames vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.- The Bruins are playing today their ninth of 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have a 4-3-1 record inafternoon games so far.-The Bruins play game three of a four-game home stand today vs. Pittsburgh (1-0-1) ... They will conclude on 3/11 vs. St. Louis andwill then face a one-game trip to Montreal on 3/14.

INJURIES (116 Man-games lost)- Matt Poitras: 2/7 right shoulder surgery (LTIR)- Derek Forbort: Lower body (LTIR)- Hampus Lindholm: Lower body (IR)- Pat Maroon: 2/6 back surgery

BOSTON vs PITTSBURGH, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Penguins are meeting for the 226th time in their histories with a 125-71-21-8 mark and 844-690 scoring edge inthose games.- The Bruins are 77-25-6-4 lifetime vs. Pittsburgh at home with a 460-310 advantage in those 112 contests.- The Penguins won the frst game of this season’s series by a 6-5 score on 1/4​

Reactions: bruins19

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I for one hope they throw these guys right into the fire

I wanna see some penguins get trucked today by Peeke, assume Maroon is still injured
Maroon had disc surgery, would be surprised to see him in action in March at all, maybe very end of regular season…if he’s not ready until playoffs then he’s depth only if the team is playing well and chemistry is gelling without him.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
That 2019 game loss at home was a dagger which may never recover from. When the cup is on the building you win it!!!! So pissed we going through all this . Well what's done is done rally with these guys you never know . My bet is monty taking us far. In fact I'm betting on it. Book it!
I have to say DG …..your positive attitude is something we all could learn from. Don’t let anyone here change that. 👊

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The posters on the Penguins’ board largely hate Mike Sullivan.

However, consensus seems to be that he’s not going anywhere as he has a contract extension that hasn’t yet kicked in, and FSG does not wan to pay him to coach elsewhere.

However…

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's pretty amazing that it hasn't really happened to the Bruins since Z came. Sure, a couple tough years there at the end of Claude, but nothing like so many other teams routinely go through. I wonder how long they can keep it going.

Drafting of McAvoy and Pastrnak where they were, plus the contracts of Bergeron/Marchand saved the day.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The posters on the Penguins’ board largely hate Mike Sullivan.

However, consensus seems to be that he’s not going anywhere as he has a contract extension that hasn’t yet kicked in, and FSG does not wan to pay him to coach elsewhere.

However…

Penguin fans are suspicious of their new Boston overlords.

The TV games are now a carbon copy of NESN's graphics and bumper music.

Pittsburgh is a Steelers market and then the Pens and Pirates are on the second tier. The city never wanted a NBA team even though college basketball is popular there.

FSG bought the team as they saw real estate opportunities at the old Igloo site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad