BRUINS GDT GAME 66 3:15 PM - The PENGUINS march on Causeway St - ABC, DISNEY, DISNEY +, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1709937699759.png

ouch-whoops.gif

1709937762419.png

1709937790301.png

Pittsburgh Penguins (28-25-8, seventh in the Metropolitan Division) vs. Boston Bruins (37-13-15, second in the Atlantic Division)

Boston; Saturday, 3 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE: The Pittsburgh Penguins visit the Boston Bruins looking to break a three-game road losing streak.

Boston has a 37-13-15 record overall and a 20-7-6 record on its home ice. The Bruins serve 9.9 penalty minutes per game to rank ninth in the league.

Pittsburgh is 12-14-4 in road games and 28-25-8 overall. The Penguins have a +four scoring differential, with 177 total goals scored and 173 given up.

The matchup Saturday is the second time these teams play this season. The Penguins won 6-5 in the previous meeting.

TOP PERFORMERS: David Pastrnak has 39 goals and 52 assists for the Bruins. Morgan Geekie has scored six goals with one assist over the past 10 games.

Sidney Crosby has 32 goals and 31 assists for the Penguins. Reilly Smith has one goal and six assists over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Bruins: 5-1-4, averaging 3.1 goals, 5.5 assists, 3.6 penalties and 8.4 penalty minutes while giving up three goals per game.

Penguins: 4-5-1, averaging 2.9 goals, 4.6 assists, 3.5 penalties and 7.7 penalty minutes while giving up 3.8 goals per game.

INJURIES: Bruins: Milan Lucic: out (personal), Derek Forbort: day to day (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder), Hampus Lindholm: out (undisclosed).

Penguins: Jake Guentzel: out (upper body), Drew O'Connor: day to day (concussion), Bryan Rust: out (upper body), Jansen Harkins: day to day (upper body), Noel Acciari: day to day (upper body), Matt Nieto: out (knee).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I know the end of the line is coming at some point for the Bruins, but I am very much enjoying the bottom falling out for the Penguins.

I lurk on their board often.

It's pretty amazing that it hasn't really happened to the Bruins since Z came. Sure, a couple tough years there at the end of Claude, but nothing like so many other teams routinely go through. I wonder how long they can keep it going.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It's pretty amazing that it hasn't really happened to the Bruins since Z came. Sure, a couple tough years there at the end of Claude, but nothing like so many other teams routinely go through. I wonder how long they can keep it going.
Yep.

Sweeney had escaped the chokehold a couple of times now.

In a cap league, it’s very cyclical.
The end came for East powerhouses Pittsburgh and Washington.

Bruins have been the gold standard for regular season success, but the Pens have 3 Cups in the post lockout era.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Yep.

Sweeney had escaped the chokehold a couple of times now.

In a cap league, it’s very cyclical.
The end came for East powerhouses Pittsburgh and Washington.

Bruins have been the gold standard for regular season success, but the Pens have 3 Cups in the post lockout era.
That 2019 game loss at home was a dagger which may never recover from. When the cup is on the building you win it!!!! So pissed we going through all this . Well what's done is done rally with these guys you never know . My bet is monty taking us far. In fact I'm betting on it. Book it!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That 2019 game loss at home was a dagger which may never recover from. When the cup is on the building you win it!!!! So pissed we going through all this . Well what's done is done rally with these guys you never know . My bet is monty taking us far. In fact I'm betting on it. Book it!

You were pretty tore up over last season's first round exit as I recall- it was a despondant Don that none of us had ever seen before on the forum. Was 2019 worse for you? It was for me. But the team actually looks set to keep being at least good for a while: Mac, Pasta, Swayman is not a bad young core.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

View attachment 832741
Pittsburgh Penguins (28-25-8, seventh in the Metropolitan Division) vs. Boston Bruins (37-13-15, second in the Atlantic Division)

Boston; Saturday, 3 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE: The Pittsburgh Penguins visit the Boston Bruins looking to break a three-game road losing streak.

Boston has a 37-13-15 record overall and a 20-7-6 record on its home ice. The Bruins serve 9.9 penalty minutes per game to rank ninth in the league.

Pittsburgh is 12-14-4 in road games and 28-25-8 overall. The Penguins have a +four scoring differential, with 177 total goals scored and 173 given up.

The matchup Saturday is the second time these teams play this season. The Penguins won 6-5 in the previous meeting.

TOP PERFORMERS: David Pastrnak has 39 goals and 52 assists for the Bruins. Morgan Geekie has scored six goals with one assist over the past 10 games.

Sidney Crosby has 32 goals and 31 assists for the Penguins. Reilly Smith has one goal and six assists over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Bruins: 5-1-4, averaging 3.1 goals, 5.5 assists, 3.6 penalties and 8.4 penalty minutes while giving up three goals per game.

Penguins: 4-5-1, averaging 2.9 goals, 4.6 assists, 3.5 penalties and 7.7 penalty minutes while giving up 3.8 goals per game.

INJURIES: Bruins: Milan Lucic: out (personal), Derek Forbort: day to day (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder), Hampus Lindholm: out (undisclosed).

Penguins: Jake Guentzel: out (upper body), Drew O'Connor: day to day (concussion), Bryan Rust: out (upper body), Jansen Harkins: day to day (upper body), Noel Acciari: day to day (upper body), Matt Nieto: out (knee).

Is it also going to be on Channel 5 too Kevin?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Is it also going to be on Channel 5 too Kevin?
Yes

3 p.m.ABC, ESPN+Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston Bruins

The Penguins and assists leader Erik Karlssonface off with the Bruins and Brad Marchand for the second ABC matchup of the day.
Play-by-Play: Sean McDonough

Analyst: Ray Ferraro
Reporter: Emily Kaplan
In Studio: Steve Levy, Mark Messier, P.K. Subban
3 p.m.ESPN+, Disney+, Disney XD, Disney ChannelNHL Big City Greens Classic 2
Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston BruinsThe alternate presentation of the Penguins-Bruins game will feature real-time, virtually recreated animation of NHL players and teams modeled after characters on Disney Channel’s hit animated series “Big City Greens.”
Animated Commentators: Drew Carter, Kevin Weekes, Arda Öcal

“Big City Greens” Talent:
Chris Houghton (voice of Cricket, creator/exec. producer), Shane Houghton (voice of various characters, creator/exec. producer), Marieve Harrington (voice of Tilly), Zeno Robinson (Remy), Artemis Pebdani (Gramma)
In Studio: Steve Levy, Mark Messier, P.K. Subban

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You were pretty tore up over last season's first round exit as I recall- it was a despondant Don that none of us had ever seen before on the forum. Was 2019 worse for you? It was for me. But the team actually looks set to keep being at least good for a while: Mac, Pasta, Swayman is not a bad young core.
Too bad we couldn't get a solid center otherwise we pretty complete. Lots of pressure on Coyle and zacha. Unreal pressure.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad