GDT: Game #66 - 03.11.14 - at St. Louis - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Win it for Pevs boys, we're still in a race.

God I love this team, I had no idea I would be so shaken up. This morning I still woke up in just utter shock. What an up and down weekend we've had. Thanks all of you guys for being here too.

I woke up this morning with a sinking feeling and couldn't believe last night really happened. Then I had to go do some work and kept my mind off it. Then I came here. Well, Pevs is going to be fine so it's all good. This is a heck of a sub-forum and the hockey community is great. Tonight's game will sure be interesting to see how they respond.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Heck, anything other than a complete collapse is gonna be a win in my book. St Louis away is a difficult game in the best of circumstances but now... If they're able to compete then that's enough, actually getting 2 points would be extremely impressive...

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Heck, anything other than a complete collapse is gonna be a win in my book. St Louis away is a difficult game in the best of circumstances but now... If they're able to compete then that's enough, actually getting 2 points would be extremely impressive...

Getting any point from this game would be impressive imo. Really hope they come out and play for Pevs, obviously for our playoff run but also just to show that they're not going to let this overtake them.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I think our skating game matches up really well against the Blues, especially with their roster composed the way it is right now.. they have all their talent in the top 6, while the 3rd and 4th lines are very weak. We can exploit guys like Ott, Morrow, Porter, Reaves, and Lapierre and take them out of their comfort zone (which is basically playing a no talent griding game along the walls).

That being said we need the Seguin line and atleast one of our other 3 forward groups to step up and win the head to head matchups with the Blues' top 6, which is among the very best in the league.

I'm looking forward to seeing our boys flying around the ice and putting yesterday night behind them.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Win it for my man Pevs.

The dude is a huge inspiration to me and the game of hockey.

Thanks for using our picture in the OP :)

Let's go Stars!

Ampersand

A woman from my office died this weekend from a heart attack. Pev's incident freaked me out. Go Stars.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I think our skating game matches up really well against the Blues, especially with their roster composed the way it is right now.. they have all their talent in the top 6, while the 3rd and 4th lines are very weak. We can exploit guys like Ott, Morrow, Porter, Reaves, and Lapierre and take them out of their comfort zone (which is basically playing a no talent griding game along the walls).

That being said we need the Seguin line and atleast one of our other 3 forward groups to step up and win the head to head matchups with the Blues' top 6, which is among the very best in the league.

I'm looking forward to seeing our boys flying around the ice and putting yesterday night behind them.
The Blues, and teams like them, have tended to neutralize the Stars' speed with their superior defensive positioning and constant forecheck successfully turning it into a grinding style game. The Stars seem to do best against teams that play a more open system. In fact I'd say St. Louis is the Stars' worst matchup in the West. The fact that they've taken over the top spot from the Ducks is worrisome.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I truly believe our boys will come out swinging tonight and owning the Blues. This game will be played for Pevs and Chiasson.

GO STARS <3

aloonda*

I can't imagine what it will be like in that room tonight before the game. Not much needs to be said I would gather. And how Captain Benn is anyhow, he might just say "I'm leaving it all out there on the ice tonight boys" and then go do that. I hope that is how he and the rest of the team responds.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
The Blues, and teams like them, have tended to neutralize the Stars' speed with their superior defensive positioning and constant forecheck successfully turning it into a grinding style game. The Stars seem to do best against teams that play a more open system. In fact I'd say St. Louis is the Stars' worst matchup in the West. The fact that they've taken over the top spot from the Ducks is worrisome.

ehh I don't really agree about that, in both of the previous games against the Blues Dallas had a big edge in the shots, and possession time. We should have won that game in Dallas by 2 goals, it was only their goaltender stealing the game for them. The only other teams that play a really similar slow / grind it out / possession based game at a similar level to the Blues are Los Angeles (who we have looked good against this year) and New Jersey (not so much on the looking good front). The vast majority of teams are somwhere in the middle, and I don't think there's been a large enough sample of games against teams that play extreme defensive hockey to suggest if that is actually something Dallas struggles against. I mean part of the reason there is a small sample size is that teams that have traditionally relied upon that style of play like Nashville, Minnesota, Phoenix, and Calgary have either been too bad to pull it off this year or have moved to much more wide open playing styles.

I think that every time Dallas is low on energy and has a slow game it gets attributed to the other squad playing "tough defensive hockey" instead of Dallas having an off night. I kind of wonder if that creates the false impression that the key to shutting down Dallas is playing a certain way, whereas the nights they overcome teams that try to pull that defense against them (the recent game against Carolina comes to mind) nobody notices that the other team is playing very passively and attempting to shut down the Stars without much success.

Back on topic, St. Louis has benefited massively from the highest shooting percentage in the league this year, and that luck has been there in both of their games against the Stars so far. It makes them look a whole lot more dangerous than they actually are - the shooting luck has started to go away recently, and every game they've played in the last 10 or 15 has basically come down to the last minute or overtime - even when they've played some of the weaker teams. I think Dallas will be in this one until the end, and has a good chance of taking points.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Blues fan here wishing Peverly well. I expect an intense game from the Stars tonight, but if they were flat, no one could blame them. Good luck the rest of the way.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I'm glad Chiasson is sitting out. I watched a clip of what happened an hour after it did, when I already knew he was okay in the hospital and I still lost my ****. Can't imagine how it hit those guys down on the ice.

I'm gonna watch the Stick-less Cole Shift a dozen times before the game to get pumped.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
As usual...FSSW+ channel guide...
Time Warner Cable - Channel 906
Charter Communications - Channel 300
DirecTV - Channels 675 (SD), 675-1 (HD)
Dish Network - Channels 445 (SD), 9515 (HD)
AT&T U-Verse - Channels 755 (SD), 1755 (HD)
Verizon Fios - Channels 77 (SD), 577 (HD)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
ekblad2_51889.jpg

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah, I was starting to get pretty pumped up about these games but don't think I'll get too excited either way with what happens tonight.

It's never not a roller coaster with the Stars, one way or another.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
As usual...FSSW+ channel guide...
Time Warner Cable - Channel 906
Charter Communications - Channel 300
DirecTV - Channels 675 (SD), 675-1 (HD)
Dish Network - Channels 445 (SD), 9515 (HD)
AT&T U-Verse - Channels 755 (SD), 1755 (HD)
Verizon Fios - Channels 77 (SD), 577 (HD)

Suddenlink--ghettofabulous SD channel 95...sometimes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad