Post-Game Talk: GAME 65 - SWEEP HOME BRUINS BUT WE'LL MEET AGAIN - BRUINS 4 Toronto 1

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Apparently the Leafs were selling effective Domi bobbleheads. Had so many returned because the head was too big and it kept falling on its side. Poor kid came home from school complaining the other kids made fun of his big noggin. His mom said dont listen to them. Now take your hat down to the cellar and bring me up 10 pounds of potatoes. Just kidding. I'm too old to fight him and his old man.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Apparently the Leafs were selling effective Domi bobbleheads. Had so many returned because the head was too big and it kept falling on its side. Poor kid came home from school complaining the other kids made fun of his big noggin. His mom said dont listen to them. Now take your hat down to the cellar and bring me up 10 pounds of potatoes. Just kidding. I'm too old to fight him and his old man.

They used to say you should never try to get Tie's helmet off in a scrap because hitting his head was worse than hitting the helmet. His nickname was "Rock Head".

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
If Frederick played for another team we would trade the farm for him. He is a beast. He and Geekie will be playoff hero’s
Freddy has disappointed in the playoffs before. Last year was the first I expected anything and was disappointed, and prior years he did not surprise.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Reading through the very long Leaf GDT

I guess asking for injury/ death to players is allowed there ?:confused:

One of the mods is such a dope. Thankfully we have better mods here.

Man, Brad not only lives rent free in their heads but they are paying him.:laugh:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I forgot to mention that Griz played very well...in fact he has played well for a few games in a row.

Also, Kevin Shattenkirk really was cracking up when Sway tried to get the Leaf net minder to drop them. He was laughing the rest of the game.

It was So much fun last night.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
They used to say you should never try to get Tie's helmet off in a scrap because hitting his head was worse than hitting the helmet. His nickname was "Rock Head".

Man, do I want to make a joke here.

I would like to watch this game again.

I can't get NESN's replay (sic). Is there any other way to view the entire game?

Any info appreciated.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The leaf's board is stupid. Some are wishing injury on Brad (who did nothing to deserve it) and I thought that was OT allowed on HF.

The fans that come to the Garden are much different than some on HF.
Hey Ladyfan, Every since I have interacted with you, you are nothing but class and knowledge. The Leafs board and some of their mods are simply the worst on HF boards. It is an embarrassment to wish harm on a player. I too don't think what Marchand did last night was even worthy of a penalty. It's unfortunate their guy got hurt, but that was on him, not Marchand. The guy has simply turned himself into a great player, and what he does off the ice is fantastic too. Those fans that wish harm on a player are not true hockey fans. Feel some comfort knowing that you are reading from a terrible fanbase and if that was allowed, terrible moderation. On that note, Bruins swept the Leafs this season. Congrats on that and for this season so far as for people counting out the Bruins this year.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hey Ladyfan, Every since I have interacted with you, you are nothing but class and knowledge. The Leafs board and some of their mods are simply the worst on HF boards. It is an embarrassment to wish harm on a player. I too don't think what Marchand did last night was even worthy of a penalty. It's unfortunate their guy got hurt, but that was on him, not Marchand. The guy has simply turned himself into a great player, and what he does off the ice is fantastic too. Those fans that wish harm on a player are not true hockey fans. Feel some comfort knowing that you are reading from a terrible fanbase and if that was allowed, terrible moderation. On that note, Bruins swept the Leafs this season. Congrats on that and for this season so far as for people counting out the Bruins this year.
I tried to send you a message, but it was not allowed!

All boards have some fools, but I was just surprised to see a mod wishing a career ending injury on Brad. Years ago, I had a post deleted (by a Bruin mod/ rightfully so). I had wished evil things on Matt Cooke.

I love Brad. We have watched him grow since he first came to the Bs. In 2010 I thought "small, high energy fourth liner". By the cup run I was impressed. Brad is an excellent captain and owns the room.

In the 23 years with ST, we have met more Toronto fans than any other visiting fans. They are my favorites. They are friendly and know hockey. My daughter and I went to a game in Toronto and had a blast. We were teased about being Bruin fans but all in fun.

The Leaf boards has some "fans" that are out there. I know every board has them.

I had low expectations for my Bs at the start but they are in it. I will cheer them on to whatever end.

Leafs have a good team.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Watching TSN highlights of the game and holy shit are the announcers some of the most biased I’ve ever heard. Claimed Marchand was “milking it” after being cross checked in the throat.

Apparently McAvoy taking a puck to the balls was funny too. They had a good laugh at that and joked that it was worse than Reilly cross checking that Ottawa player.

Have a laugh. They make Jack sound like the most neutral play by play guy in the league.

Last edited:

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
@badbrewin Danny Paille is very fortunate, I don't know if you know how his career ended. I was very happy to see him & to see him looking so well. Also loved seeing Tim Thomas taking part, he had such a rough time with concussions & anxiety after the Cup win.
Yes - unfortunately, I recall that he had gone to play overaseas and was blindsed with a dirty hit, causing a serious injury that could have altered his quality of life. So it was especially great to see him with the old gang the other night...some guys just don't seem to age (Paille, McQuaid, Ference) Hope you still have and enjoying that Paillesy 8x10 after all these years ;)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The leaf's board is stupid. Some are wishing injury on Brad (who did nothing to deserve it) and I thought that was NOT allowed on HF.

The fans that come to the Garden are much different than some on HF.

The internet effect

Whole dern thing needs to be vaporized and I’ll see you all on the other side in a field of grass

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yes - unfortunately, I recall that he had gone to play overaseas and was blindsed with a dirty hit, causing a serious injury that could have altered his quality of life. So it was especially great to see him with the old gang the other night...some guys just don't seem to age (Paille, McQuaid, Ference) Hope you still have and enjoying that Paillesy 8x10 after all these years ;)

It is still hanging on my bedroom wall :)

Reactions: badbrewin

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Reading through the very long Leaf GDT

I guess asking for injury/ death to players is allowed there ?:confused:

One of the mods is such a dope. Thankfully we have better mods here.

Man, Brad not only lives rent free in their heads but they are paying him.:laugh:
If those posts aren’t coming from 12 year olds who got their xbox taken away by one of their stepdads, I’ll be disappointed.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Watching TSN highlights of the game and holy shit are the announcers some of the most biased I’ve ever heard. Claimed Marchand was “milking it” after being cross checked in the throat.

Apparently McAvoy taking a puck to the balls was funny too. They had a good laugh at that and joked that it was worse than Reilly cross checking that Ottawa player.

Have a laugh. They make Jack sound like the most neutral play by play guy in the league.

After listening to this I don't ever want to hear another f***ing word about Jack Edwards' homerism. And I mean ever. Jack is neutral compared to these twatwaffles.

:rant:

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
After listening to this I don't ever want to hear another f***ing word about Jack Edwards' homerism. And I mean ever. Jack is neutral compared to these twatwaffles.

I was absolutely shocked how biased they were.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

This is why I miss GameCenter so much - we could choose the feed we wanted. SportsNet gives no choice so every time we play a Canadian team, we are stuck with this type of crap.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad