GDT: Game 65: Columbus vs. Edmonton | 3/4 7PM EST

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
In Florida and not able to catch the game tonight (caught the last one at Shades Grill down here). Have been following the running stats and am blown away that we are up yet getting killed on faceoffs. Last look we were down 32 to 17. That is not sustainable to consistency win....but glad to buck the trend tonight.

KlichkoBro*

I was just going to post that. Possibly the worst I've seen this year. Edmonton keeps playing him they could out tank Toronto.

I don't remember who was playing in Arizona against the jackets, but that guy still holds the lead as the worst. Edmonton's defense is brutal.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No offense dude, but don't watch. We have one of youngest teams in league, with a new coach. They need to learn to play the right way, and for each other .

Did boll seem like it was a meaningless game ?

Not to beat a dead horse but these guys were all a year younger last year and the finish didn't mean squat. Just like this year's finish if it continues to be successful or does a 180 into the crapper. Next year is a whole new puck game (?). I'm glad they are playing well; not so glad our odds for one of the top 3 are diminishing.

KlichkoBro*

Not to beat a dead horse but these guys were all a year younger last year and the finish didn't mean squat. Just like this year's finish if it continues to be successful or does a 180 into the crapper. Next year is a whole new puck game (?). I'm glad they are playing well; not so glad our odds for one of the top 3 are diminishing.

These guys? Saad, Karlsson, Jones, Korpisalo, Murray weren't on the team during that surge. This team is different. You gonna have to resign Jones and you better make him believe this team is gonna be good, otherwise he can look at offer sheet possibility.
I could understand losing for the 1st overall. But losing for 20% chance at 1st? That's meaningless and harmful for such young team..

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That.
Was.
AWESOME. :D

I've seen rapid response goals before, of course (mostly against :( ) but never for EVERY SINGLE GOAL, EVERY TIME. IN OUR FAVOR. :amazed:

Amusingly, my nephew was talking about a 6-4 score as we were walking in. We decided we were willing to settle for 6-3, tho. ;)

Murray-Jones are even better in person. Love it so much. Even my nephew took notice of Murray and I'm still explaining fundamentals of the game to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad