GDT: Game 65: Avs @ Wild | Tuesday, March 1st, 6pm MT | 18 and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
6'0", 205lbs.

Not the tallest guy but a stout player. Holds his own and can blaze on the ice.

I've always been a fan of his. The biggest problem I've had with Avs fans in the threads since the trade has been the use of Advanced stats to justify him not being that good. Isn't our entire team bucking the trend of advanced stats to even be in the playoff hunt? Boedker is a player that bucks that trend too. Analytics will never beat the eyetest.

Altitude mentionned 6'2" 216lbs...

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Boedker has been real good. Gelinas has been meh. He's had lots of turnovers up the boards, and I think he got a little lucky on that penalty call. The effort is there, though. Surprised he's already with Barrie.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I like what i saw from Boedker in the second period , If nothing else he will make our PP more dangerous and it's a huge thing for us . We had nights were a goal here and there on the PP would have won us a few games .

Lumipanda

Oct 5, 2010
Finland
Gelinas...he's a project. Though he did draw a penalty.

Boedker needs to stay on this team.

Sounds good.

Also I'm very happy as to what I've seen from Picks during those last few minutes with penalty killing.

Let's win this one boys, we have to. :pcheer:

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
This bug chicks commercial is already pissing me off.

I just saw it for the first time today, and I've already seen it 100 times.

WE GET IT YOU LIKE YOUR DUMB CHEAP COMPUTER

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Roy has to adjust his PP personnel, Comeau should not be there with

Duchene, Iginla, MacKinnon, Boedker, Soderberg, Landeskog, Grigorenko, Barrie, EJ, FB, Bigras, and Gelinas

I mean that's ****ing seven forwards, and five defenders. Are you kidding me with Comeau on the PP still?

I thought it was given that Comeau would be off the PP, but Roy really likes him.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Boedker has been real good. Gelinas has been meh. He's had lots of turnovers up the boards, and I think he got a little lucky on that penalty call. The effort is there, though. Surprised he's already with Barrie.

I think this had a lot more to do with how horrible that Holden Barrie pairing was in the first period. Roy changed it up after the third goal IIRC.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
While I agree with you on that our trade deadline wasn't super terrible or whatever, it's petty to call out individual posters. We're supposed to be friends!

We can still all be friends. I just would like to see what they have to say about Boedker now. It's only one game but he is a lot of fun to watch so far. Honestly just hoping they feel th e same and perhaps even starting to come around

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I thought it was given that Comeau would be off the PP, but Roy really likes him.

I think this penalty he just took, might spell the end of his PP time. As you mentioned too much talent behind him to be taking penalties on the PP.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

That face off ability though right?

When you have four ****ing natural centers in that top seven forward group it shouldn't be a reason to keep Comeau out there.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
Everything Boedker does is super fast. He skates super fast. He stick handles super fast. His shot release is super fast. He's also good at reading the play and making cool calm decisions.

I like the chemistry he has on the team and it's only been two periods.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
This is the Boedker that will be seen 85% of the time if he gets to play with skilled guys.

All the little things he brings that Tangs couldn't anymore will really start to matter as he and the team become familiar with each other

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
We can still all be friends. I just would like to see what they have to say about Boedker now. It's only one game but he is a lot of fun to watch so far. Honestly just hoping they feel th e same and perhaps even starting to come around

He's -1 in the game so far. But all that shows is how terrible the +/- metric really is for determining how effective a player will be.

He's played very well.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well it's time for our kids to grow up and our vets to show up. We have to win this period. Just figure out a way to get it done.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
They are showing the replays between period on the wild feed .
Each time that the wild scored a goal its like they won the Stanley cup , but when we scored is like someone turn the volume down somehow .:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad