Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 - Oilers 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - B's now have 15 loser points

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Team has played two real good structured games in a row.

Two flukey goals against . . .oilers with zebra help stole two points.

But we really need to work on our 3-on-3's when the playoffs start. Way too many really bad hot takes here tonight.
losing third period leads and OT consistently is not good for their confidence once the pressure of the playoffs arrive regardless if its 3 on 3 or full squad.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Of all our blown leads, this one doesn't really bother me all that much. 2nd night of a b2b against McDavid and played well for the full 60 up until the tying goal, can't really get too upset. But the 6 on 5 issues are gonna f***ing KILL them in the playoffs. They've allowed more goals with the goalie pulled then goals they've scored on the empty net, only other teams that are can say the same are bottom feeders.

Reactions: BTO

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Nuge deflected it. World class backcheck. That was the difference.
Heinen should have chipped it backhander into the net. He did not have enough time to turn it to his forehand and he should have known that. I'm not sure how much time the bruins spend in practice on 5 on 6 situations. But if it was me , I would spend every minute of every practice from now until the playoffs l o l.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Zacha won 7 out of 12 faceoffs.
Coyle won 8 of 18
Who would you have taken that big draw? Seriously not first time I noticed this but maybe Monty should do better late in games.Knew b4 puck dropped Oilers would have it.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
I'm still ripping pissed about this one. Thought Heinen should have sensed pressure and pulled it to his backhand, then shot. Who knows. But their continued cluelessness in OT along with Pasta's lazy, braindead play has me steaming.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I think you guys are probably rightly pissed given all the previous instances of this. But in a vacuum, this one with the b2b and puck luck, is fine.

If we beat the Leafs Thursday (and we should), 5 of 6 against really good teams has me feeling pretty good.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Shame to lose in OT but irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. If Nugent-Hopkins doesn’t get just a piece of his stick on Heinen’s EN attempt, the Bs win. If Carlo doesn’t get tripped in the paint on the tying goal, Boston wins. The late PK was very good too. The only true defensive breakdown in the last couple of minutes, apart from Lohrei’s ‘adventure’, was leaving McLeod wide open at the back door. He should have scored that. But at 6-on-5 against a good opponent those opportunities are going to occur now and then. So while the Bruins’ ability to close out games is definitely a trend and a concern, how they defended late in this one didn’t bother me much at all.

Otherwise the Bruins played pretty well. Pretty even contest between two good teams. Bit of a slow, cautious start, but I thought Boston were really good between about half-way through the 2nd until they scored in the 3rd. Passing was sharper, created some really good opportunities in that stretch. Probably should have netted more than one, but not to be. Solid effort on a b2b with travel. Some little things that could have been done better, but no major complaints. Faceoff issues are annoying but not a lot that can be done about it. Congrats to JvR on the 1,000th.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Only thing I'm upset about is the missed empty net...otherwise, pretty valiant effort on a back to back ,,,on another note, Elliotte Freeman is backing up what Chris Johnson said earlier today...we are in on Elias Lindholm....his faceoff skills would have come in handy tonight

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m not going to dwell on this loss. You lost to the best player in the world & arguably Draisaitl is top 5.

They played a good game. Ullmark was solid. The boys were engaged. Heinen should’ve been tougher on that puck for the empty netter but he’s had a good season. Overall I’m okay they got a point here. 7 game series vs Edmonton I say Bruins in 7.. 6 if the Oilers don’t get a million power plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad