Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 - Oilers 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - B's now have 15 loser points

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Cant believe Monty had TFred out there with Chuckie and Carlo but the Bruins need someone who can win a face-off. Nico Sturm would be nice!

Reactions: Gordoff

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I can't be mad at the effort. It was there. Just dumb mistakes at the end. Danton missing the EN hurt. Freddy, Carlo, Chuckie being out in OT is a ...choice.

Fustrating way to lose. But they battled. I can't be mad. The effort was there.
Good game. Crap ending. Can’t win a d zone face-off when the game is on the line.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Pasta is terrible in OT, seems like he’s always trying to be too fancy
He makes so many dumb blind passes that he’s a liability out there during OT. They need to focus on putting him with a player that can posses the puck without turning it over for no reason.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Playing the hottest team in hockey the night after you beat the leafs in Toronto and then had your flight delaid getting out of town. Amazing effort. But I still cannot understand how a team so good defensively simply cannot close games out. It was not that long ago that a one goal lead in the third period for a bruins team was a guaranteed victory. That is so far from the case now it is infuriating.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I am tracking Private Jet Xm-451 which is owned by the brother to my ex step sisters mother's aunts restaurant owner who washes dishes at Rays..

He said that monogrammed luggage and hockey gear with L and U were loaded onto the cargo belly and the plane has asked to go to Los Angeles.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Team has played two real good structured games in a row.

Two flukey goals against . . .oilers with zebra help stole two points.

But we really need to work on our 3-on-3's when the playoffs start. Way too many really bad hot takes here tonight.
You good with giving up another 3rd period lead?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Team has played two real good structured games in a row.

Two flukey goals against . . .oilers with zebra help stole two points.

But we really need to work on our 3-on-3's when the playoffs start. Way too many really bad hot takes here tonight.

This is it for me. The bones here are sound. We play this game 7 times, we win it 6 times. Today we missed on the game of inches.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Birds Eye view:

Can’t complain about 3 points in back to back games vs, good teams where they held some of the best offensive side players in the game mostly in check.

But…faceoffs continue to be an issue and they really need to add a top 6 winger and a crease clearer.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I like how the Bruins have played the last 2 games, strong structure and team D. Tough loss tonight, Heinen misses the EN and once it went to OT Boston was cooked. Montgomery putting out TF, McAvoy and Carlo out against the Oilers stars was ridiculous, where was Debrusk and Zacha, 2 guys with speed, Marchand has really been struggling, should not have been out there. The good news is the Bruins are back on track playing playoff type hockey. We now need Sweeney to go out and get a guy who can win a bloody faceoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad