GDT: Game 64: Dallas Stars Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Need More Finish Edition

So

• Total voters

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hah, Edmonton only wishes. They might just want to keep Gretzky in the big chair.

Game is on Sportsnet Canada-wide, for all the northern Knights fans out there.

I hope the Knights don't put on another stinker for all of Canada then.

Seriously though, Ahab McCrimmon just caught his whale. You could argue the team is 75% his doing and he's surrounded by friends in Vegas. Does getting Stone make him more likely to pass on a potential GM offer? Would McPhee step aside in a few years? I really wonder how the dynamic works.

Or maybe he likes the freedom of still running the Wheat Kings.

Reactions: Supermassive

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Seriously though, Ahab McCrimmon just caught his whale. You could argue the team is 75% his doing and he's surrounded by friends in Vegas. Does getting Stone make him more likely to pass on a potential GM offer? Would McPhee step aside in a few years? I really wonder how the dynamic works.

IIRC he has been offered AGM & GM roles in the NHL before, but rejected them due to the Wheat Kings. It's a deal breaker for him.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Is Benn in tonight for Dallas? If he is he will be going after Stone. He lives for games like this.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So he's better at the thing the team is struggling the most with.

I'm saying that the little things Carpy does makes VGK a better team. Don't get me wrong, Carpy would be my second player to send off to the cornfield, right after Pirri. Pirri doesn't do the 200ft things that give this team its identity, Carpy does.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'd agree to scratching Pirri if he was being relegated to 4th line duty but not for having Carpenter on the 3rd line ahead of him.
I kind of like the 4th line doing what they're doing and stealing shifts in the d zone to dump and put one of the firsts on the ice. I'd like them to score more, but I'm fine with them doing what they're doing. Kind of the only untouchable line IMO. Definitely wouldn't put Pirri there unless we're not wanting them defensive and want to pretend they're a scoring line.

IIRC he has been offered AGM & GM roles in the NHL before, but rejected them due to the Wheat Kings. It's a deal breaker for him.
Passed up AGM in Toronto a few years ago, he may not have wanted to work for the boss there, wanted to stick with the Wheaties, or not wanted to live in Toronto, but I think he's kind of got a good thing going in Vegas. If Seattle knows what they're doing they'll call him, but I hope he politely declines if they offer.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Good to know thanks gang

They were all over the place on the resale market, actually. In the early stages, you could get end balcony for $300-ish. For Game 1 of the Finals, we paid $3,500 for three pretty decent seats at the Shoot Once blueline.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Is Benn in tonight for Dallas? If he is he will be going after Stone. He lives for games like this.

I've said it before and ill say it again because if you havent watched him play, you reasonably assume he's a power forward.

Stone is nothing like Benn. Doesnt hit, doesnt fight, doesnt bang in the crease. The only thing Stone uses his size for is puck possession. Everything else is in his brain.

Not to say Stoner wont stand up for his teammates, as he would bleed for his team. Its just very rare for him to fight.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I've said it before and ill say it again because if you havent watched him play, you reasonably assume he's a power forward.

Stone is nothing like Benn. Doesnt hit, doesnt fight, doesnt bang in the crease. The only thing Stone uses his size for is puck possession. Everything else is in his brain.

Not to say Stoner wont stand up for his teammates, as he would bleed for his team. Its just very rare for him to fight.

Isn't hitting using your size for puck possession? I've seen clips of him knocking opponents off the puck with authority. I'll give you that they may be clips of rare events.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I got my wife and I tickets to the first Golden Knight playoff game in team history. Lower bowl, somewhere around row 20 for $275-300 per ticket if I remember correctly.
Yeah I’ll probably come down. We’ll see.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The second like looks great, the third line is pretty meh with Tuch struggling. Our third line should be more dangerous than that. And for a team that badly needs scoring having Pirri out of the lineup is a pretty big loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad