Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - THE BEAR is dancin' and prancin' in Maple Leaf Square - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 1

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The hit counters at MSG used to be notoriously generous with how they tallied the stat.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
They won a %&$#-load of puck battles tonight, especially along the wall. It was refreshing to see.

Brazeau has changed the whole complexion of the 4th line with his puck protection and reach. A lot more effective on the forecheck.

I'd like to see them leave JVR - Geekie - Frederic together for a bit. I think that is the best 3rd line combo they've had this year.

If Jake Debrusk played even most of his games as hard as he did that one, he'd already be extended instead of on the trade block.

I wouldn't be against running Swayman tomorrow night vs. McDavid and Co. Strong game tonight his confidence will be high. The only goal changed direction off Wotherspoon's stick (Tavares was clearly aiming high glove side). They have 4 games this week give Ullmark the 3rd and 4th games. Good conditioning for the playoffs.
Whole team played well, but I really liked what I saw from the 4th line tonight.

Reactions: BMC and BruinDust

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Whole team played well, but I really liked what I saw from the 4th line tonight.
Brazeau looked good especially on that one particular shift in the offensive end where he had 3 leafs chasing him and he still kept possession, i forget if he passed it or got the puck deep but Brickley was talking about it.

Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Brazeau looked good especially on that one particular shift in the offensive end where he had 3 leafs chasing him and he still kept possession, i forget if he passed it or got the puck deep but Brickley was talking about it.
There was one play along the end boards where Boqvist (I think it was him) had the puck pinned and he just swooped in from like 90 feet away and hilariously dug it out. It looked comical how far away he was.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The top Leaf players keep tripping over their wallets yet in the last four minutes of every game they can do a perfect swan dive and come up unscathed. I can see them all at practice with their Tootoos and ballerina skates flying through the air gracefully as Keefe plays his flute. ;)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The top Leaf players keep tripping over their wallets yet in the last four minutes of every game they can do a perfect swan dive and come up unscathed. I can see them all at practice with their Tootoos and ballerina skates flying through the air gracefully as Keefe plays his flute. ;)
all while Pasta gets 3 assists :nod:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

It's still not a shutdown defensive line, but they've become a much more consistent threat on the forecheck causing turnovers and creating offensive zone time. Whereas earlier in the year not so much from that group of players.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Swayman had an awesome game, reminds me so much of Tuukka in there, just so calm, makes everything look so easy.

Veteran move by Shatty in the 1st/2nd period, can't remember which, but Reeves went at him behind the net and Shatty responded going hard at Reeves like 5 seconds later. I'm sure that goes a long way seeing your veteran dman doing shit like that.

Pasta owned this game. His fingerprints were all over it. Coyle-Marchy-Debrusk also played very well. Leafs are still a joke. Marner and Matthews as the "go to guys" will never win a cup.

somehow snagging a LW/C to play with Zacha and Pasta and then Hanifin........this team would be dangerous in the playoffs.
I saw the same. Pasta was incredible yesterday, best player on the ice. The Coyle line played solid. My thought went on Sway. He was stellar but most, his attitude and body language was excellent and imo, that reflected on the team. In my book, he was the leader of the team yesterday.

Agree 100%. Right now the musical chairs up front isn't helping its hurting. Leave the lines alone.
And please no JVR in the top 6....

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Monty best move or maybe it was Sacco or Kelly but whoever came up with a DeBrusk/Heinen PK needs to take a bow

I
Killing that first penalty was huge. They've been giving up far too many PP goals early in games. Nice to win the special teams battle.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
That penalty kill in the first period really changed the momentum of the game ,Leafs really had the Bruins running around in there own end before it,if they had scored I think the Bruins would have been in for a long night.That’s why power plays can be so important,don’t necessarily have to score ,but you definitely don’t want to give the opposing team momentum.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
It's still not a shutdown defensive line, but they've become a much more consistent threat on the forecheck causing turnovers and creating offensive zone time. Whereas earlier in the year not so much from that group of players.
It's crazy because you watch Brazeau and he's slower than molasses, and not overly physical for his size. Yet he has a long reach and actually can get to more pucks, and more importantly keep possesion. Whereas guys like Steen and Richard can skate around at 100 mph and rarely affect the play. However, I think Boquist is the driver on that line. He really came in and took it over. He along with Richard have to be two of the fastest skaters the Bruins have ever had right?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's crazy because you watch Brazeau and he's slower than molasses, and not overly physical for his size. Yet he has a long reach and actually can get to more pucks, and more importantly keep possesion. Whereas guys like Steen and Richard can skate around at 100 mph and rarely affect the play. However, I think Boquist is the driver on that line. He really came in and took it over. He along with Richard have to be two of the fastest skaters the Bruins have ever had right?

They have to be up there among the fastest.

Boqvist has really come around and his confidence is likely at an all-time high. Then Brazeau comes in and despite his slower feet, he's got good sense and anticipation which helps make up for it. He's not pounding guys with big hits but he makes D-men flinch and he's used his big body to get underneath puck carriers and take back possession in the offensive zone.

Reminds me of Mike Knuble when he was here.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I made this thread over a month ago. They're load balancing themselves. Very obviously.
Not smart, sorry. They play this way for 20 games or so it becomes habit, then they need to quickly snap out of it before getting eliminated is playing with fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad