Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The negativity here is making me develop a drinking problem

6CF814A2-6561-4CA5-8E52-1BE7BB6C002A.gif

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Miller isn't the answer. Not at that cap hit. They have to find someone cheaper.

Friedman mentioned a couple times that Columbus has interest in Kevin Hayes. I wonder if a 3-team trade around him + Provorov, Jenner, and Girard/Toews + Newhook could work for all 3 teams?
Someone will have to eat some of that contract but of all the guys you mentioned I would take asshole JT Miller over all of them.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
We just need you to keep telling us how CMac will figure out the #2C position, and to be patient cause he has 6-8 months to do so. How it’s all part of the plan.
Honestly I should thank Cmac for helping me be less addicted to hockey. Ever since that bozo f***ed up the off season and trade deadline I’ve been way less glued to the screen

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Look at it this way. Tampa paid stupid big price for Jeannot, he only has 3 assists in 6 games for them. I’d say last year’s finalists are both in trouble this year. I’d put my money on neither one making it to finals.

It’s probably Boston vs Dallas, Boston winning the cup

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
George has his average stinker in six or seven, but the problems I suggest lie deeper than some weak goals. Sorry to be a broken record, but even with Landeskog and Manson coming back at some time, I still have issues that this team doesn't have the killing edge. That play by MacKinnon where he's spinning the King players in circles and conducting all the juke moves just to get stripped by Vilardi was effin' hilarious to watch and sort of proves what I mean. The desire is absolutely there, but the extra effort or attention to details just isn't. Toews getting beat by his man in front for the thousandth time this season is just another example of a long list of players losing it both mentally and not giving that extra little step that prevents or scores goals.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
But at least we still got Washington to retain 31% on Eller.:sarcasm:
Why did they do that again?

Look at it this way. Tampa paid stupid big price for Jeannot, he only has 3 assists in 6 games for them. I’d say last year’s finalists are both in trouble this year. I’d put my money on neither one making it to finals.

Tampa is going down swinging. I admire it. They know bad days are ahead.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Bednar's dead-on. Call it Cup winner burnout, mental fatigue, laziness, whatever...This group is simply NOT driven enough to solidify themselves in the standings by bringing their A game most nights. Oh yeah...they love eviscerating Bedard sweepstakes opponents who roll over for them, but fall behind by a goal or 2 to a determined, playoff team with a solid work ethic---sheeeeittt, the Avs just can't seem to ever find it in themselves to battle back hard enough to win. They did last year. Maybe they think they can flip a switch come playoff time and run the table. Good luck with that, what with the poor habits & glaring mistakes we see game in...game out. I wouldn't count on these guys making it very far this post-season. I hope I'm wrong, but nothing they've shown me this year points to them being anything other than a mediocre wild card team.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Why did they do that again?

Tampa is going down swinging. I admire it. They know bad days are ahead.
I still wouldn’t make that Jeannot deal if I was Tampa. They lost too many key players to make another deep run and Jeannot wasn’t worth that price they paid

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I still wouldn’t make that Jeannot deal if I was Tampa. They lost too many key players to make another deep run and Jeannot wasn’t worth that price they paid
For Jeannot I wouldnt but I get why they did. Age and money. They didnt sit on their hands . They recognized a need and overpaid to get it. I admire that kinda aggressiveness. It hasnt resulted in a cup but I also like how Vegas always seems to get their man.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bednar's dead-on. Call it Cup winner burnout, mental fatigue, laziness, whatever...This group is simply NOT driven enough to solidify themselves in the standings by bringing their A game most nights. Oh yeah...they love eviscerating Bedard sweepstakes opponents who roll over for them, but fall behind by a goal or 2 to a determined, playoff team with a solid work ethic---sheeeeittt, the Avs just can't seem to ever find it in themselves to battle back hard enough to win. They did last year. Maybe they think they can flip a switch come playoff time and run the table. Good luck with that, what with the poor habits & glaring mistakes we see game in...game out. I wouldn't count on these guys making it very far this post-season. I hope I'm wrong, but nothing they've shown me this year points to them being anything other than a mediocre wild card team.
Its a roster issue but all saw that coming in September. We hoped that Landy would be back in January. That didnt happen. We were hopeful he might return in March. Doesnt look like thats happening. Then people were hopeful the Avs would do something at the deadline. They did nothing. It really does feel like a throwaway season.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
For Jeannot I wouldnt but I get why they did. Age and money. They didnt sit on their hands . They recognized a need and overpaid to get it. I admire that kinda aggressiveness. It hasnt resulted in a cup but I also like how Vegas always seems to get their man.
Getting their man is one thing, way overpaying for one is another. Why didn’t they just keep Palat instead of trading for Jeannot? Palat was a key player for them

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Age and money but probably more so money. They couldnt afford him but Jeannot makes peanuts. The Avs are going to be facing Tampa problems soon enough.
They already are. Just like Tampa losing key players like Palat and McDonagh because of age and cap, Avs lost key players like Kadri and Burakovsky and just like Tampa, they were desperate and overpaid for a bottom 6 forward, although Avs didn’t overpay for Eller as much as Tampa overpaid for Jeannot

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Tampa has done exactly what the Avs should be doing, maximizing the cup window.

They know the cup chances are limited and will do anything to win until the rebuild. Fantastic management.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
They already are. Just like Tampa losing key players like Palat and McDonagh because of age and cap, Avs lost key players like Kadri and Burakovsky and just like Tampa, they were desperate and overpaid for a bottom 6 forward, although Avs didn’t overpay for Eller as much as Tampa overpaid for Jeannot
Oh yah and its only going to get worse if they cant turn some of these players they drafted into quality NHL players. Foudy looks promising but besides him its not great there.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Tampa has done exactly what the Avs should be doing, maximizing the cup window.

They know the cup chances are limited and will do anything to win until the rebuild. Fantastic management.
How is Tampa maximizing their cup window by losing 2 key players and overpaying for less impact player? They got someone name Perbix on their top D pair. Tampa is going no where. Look at their d core

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad