GDT: Game 63 | Jackets vs Flyers | 2/28/19 7 PM

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Hey I only got to see the 3rd period and OT and am just watching the full highlights. Just saw the disallowed goal, and I could have sworn that the rule was if a kicked puck then deflects off an opponent then the goal counts. Wtf?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'm not that impressed. It was a good touch back and forth with Seth to start the play, and then Giroux with some terrible defence there. Panarin walks him but it looked like Giroux was the most tired guy on the ice, not Panarin. So I guess his endurance is what impresses me there. Both were on the ice for ages, and Panarin could still make a play.

Name one other player on the team that would have made that play. Heck, name any other player in our history.

I'll wait.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It should have counted....he didn't kick it into the net, it went off the Philly D
Hey I only got to see the 3rd period and OT and am just watching the full highlights. Just saw the disallowed goal, and I could have sworn that the rule was if a kicked puck then deflects off an opponent then the goal counts. Wtf?

They put the rule up.....if you kick it and it hits another player and goes in....no goal
Had it hit a stick then went in, it would have counted

The thing they got wrong on this is, Bjork didn't kick it, if you watch the replay close you can see the puck hits him in the skate, then when the puck is a good foot away from his skate he tries to kick it, he felt hit him, but he didn't see it

There was a kicking motion, but the only thing Bjork hit when he kicked was air

Reactions: Sore Loser

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I thought Jones had a rough night.

It seems most people agree. I didn’t see the second period, so can’t fully judge. In addition to the GWG, as I said earlier, he made a very nice play (one that very few defensemen in the world could make) to keep the play alive on our third goal.

Panarin’s like that, too. Looked bad/disinterested much of the night. Still ends up with a goal and an amazing display of skill to win the game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Name one other player on the team that would have made that play. Heck, name any other player in our history.

I'll wait.

1:24 into a shift? Probably no one.

But it was essentially a 1v1 vs Giroux all the way up the ice and Giroux was in a terrible spot trying to defend at the end of his shift. I think we have a few guys who could have gotten past him at that point. Honestly it looked like shinny hockey, I think a saw a kid last month on the pond here do that play. :laugh:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Makes no sense. If we lose the FO Dubi is stuck on the ice in 3 on 3. That makes sense only if we lost 10 other forwards to injury during the game.

Well 3v3 it's easy to change a man if your team regains the puck, so the question is whether he is that much of a defensive liability without the puck. Sad to say but he might be at this point. Either way ridiculous to put him out there when you have better options who are just good on the draw.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It seems most people agree. I didn’t see the second period, so can’t fully judge. In addition to the GWG, as I said earlier, he made a very nice play (one that very few defensemen in the world could make) to keep the play alive on our third goal.

Panarin’s like that, too. Looked bad/disinterested much of the night. Still ends up with a goal and an amazing display of skill to win the game.

Both have been disappointing me lately. And still they make such a big difference.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
They put the rule up.....if you kick it and it hits another player and goes in....no goal
Had it hit a stick then went in, it would have counted

The thing they got wrong on this is, Bjork didn't kick it, if you watch the replay close you can see the puck hits him in the skate, then when the puck is a good foot away from his skate he tries to kick it, he felt hit him, but he didn't see it

There was a kicking motion, but the only thing Bjork hit when he kicked was air
Ah thanks for clarifying!

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
First 23 pages of this thread are very positive, i must say.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I only saw bits and pieces of the game. The "condensed game" on NHL.com has the Jackets with tons of scoring chances, certainly more than the Flyers. I'm curious why people say the Jackets didn't deserve to win this one.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I thought Jones had a rough night.

Personally, I think the entire team played like ass defensively. Not one defender or forward had a good game in our own zone. I assume a lot of it has to do with trying to fit three new people in the lineup and adjusting to new things, but my goodness the D zone coverage was bad. Werenski was a train wreck. He was lost. Need to clean that up big time.

Flyers are a good offensive team, with a lot of firepower. But man, it was a struggle back there. I don't blame Bob on any of the goals (he maybe could have had the Voracek one, but sometimes you just have to admire a perfect shot).

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Personally, I think the entire team played like ass defensively. Not one defender or forward had a good game in our own zone. I assume a lot of it has to do with trying to fit three new people in the lineup and adjusting to new things, but my goodness the D zone coverage was bad. Werenski was a train wreck. He was lost. Need to clean that up big time.

Flyers are a good offensive team, with a lot of firepower. But man, it was a struggle back there. I don't blame Bob on any of the goals (he maybe could have had the Voracek one, but sometimes you just have to admire a perfect shot).

I wasn't unable to watch all of this game, but from what I saw + highlights it also seemed like one of those nights where the puck was just bouncing on them all over the place. Lots of mad scrambles in front of Bob mostly because of missed swipes at a bouncing puck.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I agree with everyone that this was a poor performance by our entire team in the defensive zone.

How Harry gets a star tonight though is beyond me. Just charity I guess. Yes his one timer goal was perfect but in a game of sucky defense he was the suckiest!

All that said, I’d rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I'm not that impressed. It was a good touch back and forth with Seth to start the play, and then Giroux with some terrible defence there. Panarin walks him but it looked like Giroux was the most tired guy on the ice, not Panarin. So I guess his endurance is what impresses me there. Both were on the ice for ages, and Panarin could still make a play.
Just to clarify here, Giroux came on the ice mid way through Panarin's marathon shift. There is maybe 5-10 other players in the NHL that can do what he did. Probably less when we are adding in how tired he was. Pure insanity

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Just to clarify here, Giroux came on the ice mid way through Panarin's marathon shift. There is maybe 5-10 other players in the NHL that can do what he did. Probably less when we are adding in how tired he was. Pure insanity
20182019-20986-shiftchart.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad