GDT: Game 63 | Jackets vs Flyers | 2/28/19 7 PM

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I forget do the Jackets play better at home on Thursdays (hopefully) or Tuesdays?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Should be an interesting gauge for us. On one hand, the Flyers have been strong for the last 6 weeks and should present an interesting challenge. They are a proud, talented group that should be able to give us a strong battle.

On the other hand they are a team that sold at the deadline and is missing its star young goaltender.

I hope we show up and play well. I fear a broken group after Tuesday, and home ice has not been favorable to us this year.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
How can Torts be an nhl coach, and flat out say he doesnt watch the opponent, doesnt study what they do, that they focus on playing their gameplan ? What the hell is a purpose of a gameday coach ? He states its too much information for his players to absorb. This is just baffling to me. I know its not new, but is it any wonder that he gets outcoached by the better coaches in the league. Isnt part of being a good coach scouting the other team, and taking away what they like to do ? For example, it was clear as day that Trotz totally adjusted the Caps stragety after game 2 of the playoffs last year, extended his defense out into the face of our defenders, took away their time and space, and we struggled to generate offense from that point forward. Not to mention it led to alot of odd man rushes against, with them jumping the blue line. I just dont get how Jarmo, and Jd can hear Torts saying this, and not question why he is the coach of the #cbj

Reactions: Dark Ambient

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How can Torts be an nhl coach, and flat out say he doesnt watch the opponent, doesnt study what they do, that they focus on playing their gameplan ? What the hell is a purpose of a gameday coach ? He states its too much information for his players to absorb. This is just baffling to me. I know its not new, but is it any wonder that he gets outcoached by the better coaches in the league. Isnt part of being a good coach scouting the other team, and taking away what they like to do ? For example, it was clear as day that Trotz totally adjusted the Caps stragety after game 2 of the playoffs last year, extended his defense out into the face of our defenders, took away their time and space, and we struggled to generate offense from that point forward. Not to mention it led to alot of odd man rushes against, with them jumping the blue line. I just dont get how Jarmo, and Jd can hear Torts saying this, and not question why he is the coach of the #cbj

I agree in general, I want someone better at adjustments (I think Coach Shaw is who we should go with).

I think Torts' idea, which is not unheard of, is 1) that adjustments make the play less intuitive and maybe sloppier for the players and 2) that you have the best chance of winning by playing your gameplan to the fullest. If you are making a lot of changes before the game starts you can get away from your team's best strategy. The team that's outmatched is the one that should adapt it's strategy to it's opponent. Now of course if it's us that ends up outmatched, do you want Torts as your coach refusing to make adjustments? Probably not.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Should be an interesting gauge for us. On one hand, the Flyers have been strong for the last 6 weeks and should present an interesting challenge. They are a proud, talented group that should be able to give us a strong battle.

On the other hand they are a team that sold at the deadline and is missing its star young goaltender.

I hope we show up and play well. I fear a broken group after Tuesday, and home ice has not been favorable to us this year.

I'm not so much worried about the Jackets mindset, but we are the next team above the Flyers in points. This is a much bigger game for the Flyers, in the "actual must win" category. The Jackets haven't played a game that is nearly as important as this one is to the Flyers.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
It's now abundantly clear, that even with a huge talent and depth advantage, this team can lose to anyone on any given night.

I cannot set myself up to have positive expectations for this team anymore. In fact, I will probably start betting at least $100/game on each our future opponents. If we win, great, it's worth it. If not, there will be some consolation money for a trip to Cabo or Hawaii in April, while everyone else is in the playoffs.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's now abundantly clear, that even with a huge talent and depth advantage, this team can lose to anyone on any given night.

I was very disappointed by last game against the Pens.

I'm not so surprised or disappointed that we can lose to anyone. There's only one team that that doesn't apply to. I think it was the Jets that just lost a double-header to the Sens.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Hope scratching Wennberg and Kuks will bite Torts in his stubborn ass tonight.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hope scratching Wennberg and Kuks will bite Torts in his stubborn ass tonight.

I think Kukan is getting underrated. The guy plays well for us. But I think it's between him and McQuaid and you have to give McQuaid a chance with the new club. If McQuaid doesn't show better I think I'll start getting grumpy to get Kukan back in there. I know you don't like Harrington but he's been damn good this year. It will take a lot more games like last game to take him out of the lineup. I doubt Torts has given much thought to scratching Harry.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So you rather see your team lose to prove yourself right? Grow up man.
Sometimes you lose the battle to win the war :D. I get what he/she is saying. Personally, I hope they win the rest fo their games, and Torts decides to hang it up after the season, for personal reasons. The team will go nowhere with him as coach .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad