GDT: Game 63: Coyotes @ Stars - 6:30pm - FSA, FSA+ - What A Ness We're In Edition

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
That's where I can't say that I know who it is that we may be targeting or looking around at, but it seems like Soderberg would be the most likely trade candidate from the perspective of getting Hayton in the lineup, if the cost requires a high-dollar salary going back.

A couple of other names to consider as cheap pick-ups:

Weegar (FLA)
Bowey (DET)
MacDermid (LAK)

Honestly, I wonder if we couldn't pry Bowey from the Wings. Bowey and a 2nd was the price for Jensen and a 5th. What about Bowey and a 2020 3rd round pick for Oesterle and Hinostroza?

We don't have our 3rd this year, we traded it to Colorado for Soderberg...this year we're without a 1st & 3rd at the current moment.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
@ DAL
@ STL
v TBL
v FLA
v BUF
@ VAN
@ CAL
@ WIN
v VAN

These next 9 games make or break the season. Tough points to earn against top tier clubs, points that will set us apart from the pack. 3 against division opponents above us. We can't rely on making a run the last 10 games, it has to be now or it's a repeat of last season.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I've seen OEL being 3rd and even 4th in icetime among defencemen in Arizona this season. Why is that?

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
He's had some injuries. Last year he was playing with a bad wrist. This year he stated he can't take a wrist shot anymore. Not as much drive as we would like to see from him either.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
He’s been banged up.

Most recently he went knee on knee with Dustin Brown. Took him out for a couple of games and they kept his minutes down when he came back.

Do you think an offseason of healing up can get him back to #1 D territory?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Do you think an offseason of healing up can get him back to #1 D territory?

Hard to say. Injuries tend to pile up over time. Even with a good offseason program he’s never going to be the OEL he used to be. I can see Chychrun taking over the #1 D position within a year.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
These next 9 games make or break the season. Tough points to earn against top tier clubs, points that will set us apart from the pack. 3 against division opponents above us. We can't rely on making a run the last 10 games, it has to be now or it's a repeat of last season.

100% agree. This is where I was saying that the next 3 games are key. Get 4 points and then you have some teams that you can create some separation against. Getting 2 points outright versus the Vancouvers, Vegas, and Calgary's of the world means none of those teams are gaining ground on you when you are playing them.

We definitely have a run in us, and it has to start tonight.

There were a few games about 6-10 games ago that I had said we needed to turn up the desperation. It either wasnt turned on or wasnt on enough. That cant happen any more.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad