GDT: Game 63: Coyotes @ Hurricanes - 5:30PM - FSAZ+

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It looks like this team hasn't learned its lesson about the importance of tanking.

It doesn't really matter that much this year. There are three lotteries. Not even the worst team has great odds of picking first. There isn't a great divide between the first and second best prospect. The next handful are also totally interchangeable and even 1st overall is like 3rd or 4th overall in the last few drafts. Picking top two this year is like picking top five in recent past and picking top five is like picking top ten. Mid 1sts are like late 1sts and late 1st are like early 2nds.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm sorry, but Doan has also completely lost one of his most competitive skills- his physicality.

He sure did. That's also exactly what I wrote. You don't lose your hands though. And Doan has excellent hands...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It doesn't really matter that much this year. There are three lotteries. Not even the worst team has great odds of picking first. There isn't a great divide between the first and second best prospect. The next handful are also totally interchangeable and even 1st overall is like 3rd or 4th overall in the last few drafts. Picking top two this year is like picking top five in recent past and picking top five is like picking top ten. Mid 1sts are like late 1sts and late 1st are like early 2nds.

Quite true. We aren't going to find the elite player this year, IMO. We need to either score big on the 18 draft or sell the farm to trade for a truly elite young center. Unless, that is, Keller or Strome become all that and a bag of chips.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Not to mention Colorado is a complete trainwreck. They're on pace for the worst season since the expansion Thrashers finished with 39 points.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Quite true. We aren't going to find the elite player this year, IMO. We need to either score big on the 18 draft or sell the farm to trade for a truly elite young center. Unless, that is, Keller or Strome become all that and a bag of chips.

Strome has much to prove and I think he will come to camp with something to prove. I still believe he is a great talent. I haven't seen Keller play outside of the WJC, but he more or less played as well as Strome.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I believe Dauphin will be our 4C next year.

Will be Richardson unless Vegas takes him. The latest comments about taking advantage of the expansion situation lead me to believe we're gonna sign/acquire at least one center. So maybe something like Mr.X, Dvorak, Burmistrov and Richardson. Dauphin as Nr5. I guess Vegas is gonna take Schenn.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Will be Richardson unless Vegas takes him. The latest comments about taking advantage of the expansion situation lead me to believe we're gonna sign/acquire at least one center. So maybe something like Mr.X, Dvorak, Burmistrov and Richardson. Dauphin as Nr5. I guess Vegas is gonna take Schenn.

I'am not convinced Burmistrov will even be here next year.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
The scouts might pull a rabbit out of the hat. There are always late developers in every draft who go on to be better then anyone thought but the odds aren't great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad