GDT: Game 63: Coyotes @ Hurricanes - 5:30PM - FSAZ+

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yet another perfect set up by one of our worst passers. Lots of luck for Doan today:sarcasm:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Yet another perfect set up by one of our worst passers. Lots of luck for Doan today:sarcasm:

It's funny, because he made two solid passes in this one game, the rest of this season is negated. Right?

I guess this is that same flawless logic you used to come to the conclusion that Vrby was done?

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
950 points for Doan. Just needs to average about 2.0ppg to hit 1,000 this year :)

giphy.gif

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well, the game was boring as hell between about 30:00 and 50:00 but otherwise can't complain. Domi was really busting it out there. Made some really nice moves but usually didn't have much help.

Duclair was pretty good in the first but kinda settled in and was mostly a non-factor afterward.

Domingue, 1 questionable goal but solid enough from him. Important saves early.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's funny, because he made two solid passes in this one game, the rest of this season is negated. Right?

I guess this is that same flawless logic you used to come to the conclusion that Vrby was done?

:laugh:
This may surprise you but Doan is actually 5th on the team in assists. As I mentioned earlier he's also 10th in the assist list of all active NHL players...not bad for one of the teams worst passers:sarcasm:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
:laugh:
This may surprise you but Doan is actually 5th on the team in assists. As I mentioned earlier he's also 10th in the assist list of all active NHL players...not bad for one of the teams worst passers:sarcasm:

Wait, wait, hold on... Are you saying that the Shane Doan we have now is as effective as the Shane Doan in his prime. OHHH MYYY GGGOOODDD!!! How did we not take advantage of this at the TDL? I mean, we have a prime Shane Doan on our team right now. Because we are going to use his two decade career stats as an indicator of his current ability.

Hold up, I'm going to email GMJC right now and see if he was aware of this. Thank you sooooo much for this info.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Wait, wait, hold on... Are you saying that the Shane Doan we have now is as effective as the Shane Doan in his prime. OHHH MYYY GGGOOODDD!!! How did we not take advantage of this at the TDL? I mean, we have a prime Shane Doan on our team right now. Because we are going to use his two decade career stats as an indicator of his current ability.

Hold up, I'm going to email GMJC right now and see if he was aware of this. Thank you sooooo much for this info.

How many players lost their hands over the years? Doan is still the same Doan, just with less intensity and a bit slower. Players never lose their hands. Doan always had good ones. That's why he scored 28 goals last season (something he did just three times before) despite his skating declining rapidly.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
How many players lost their hands over the years? Doan is still the same Doan, just with less intensity and a bit slower. Players never lose their hands. Doan always had good ones. That's why he scored 28 goals last season (something he did just three times before) despite his skating declining rapidly.

I'm sorry, but Doan has also completely lost one of his most competitive skills- his physicality.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I'm really excited to see what Domi and 2nd half of this season Dvorak can do together in a full season. Although the most of the forwards are either warm bodies, or playing in roles they shouldn't be in, I'm looking forward to next season.

Also it's awesome for Doan to have great game, hope he has tonne of fun playing in his last 20ish games.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'm really excited to see what Domi and 2nd half of this season Dvorak can do together in a full season. Although the most of the forwards are either warm bodies, or playing in roles they shouldn't be in, I'm looking forward to next season.

Honestly our winger depth is becoming pretty solid. Our center depth to drive the wingers is atrocious. I mean we potentially will have Reider and Martinook on the 3rd and 4th lines next season.

If you take out our all centers, this is our potential forward depth next year (assuming Vrbata comes back and Fisher makes the cut). I'm also assuming McGinn gets taken by Vegas.

Domi-x-Vrbata
Perlini-x-Duclair
Martinook-x-Rieder
Crouse-x-Fisher

Most of these forwards could play on almost any teams 2nd and 3rd lines.

Centers that will for sure be here next season include Dvo and Dauphin. There's a chance Richardson is taken in expansion. So you could slot Dauphin on the 4th and Dvo in one of the top two line. We need to upgrade the middle more than any other team in the league.

The problem is there are no worthwhile centers outside of Hanzal to add through ufa this offseason. We have forwards that could make the jump next season on wing or center (Keller/Strome). So the question to me is who are you willing to give up to invest down the middle, or do we wait another year to see how Strome, Keller and this years top 5 pick pans out?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've not seen anything from Dauphin that screams "NHL center". Is he tearing it up in Tucson this year?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Also it's awesome for Doan to have great game, hope he has tonne of fun playing in his last 20ish games.

If you look at Domi's production since he returned from injury, he's at a 66 point pace. Really impressive.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Doing alright, and I could see him being an effective 4C, not much else.

I honestly can't even see him do that.

We could definitely pick up someone in free angency (maybe even waivers) to play that role better than Flippers. I'm not impressed with him in any way.

That said our wingers are solid. Bring back White and Vrbata and you only need to fill one winger spot.

This is of course assuming Duke gets traded

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I honestly can't even see him do that.

We could definitely pick up someone in free angency (maybe even waivers) to play that role better than Flippers. I'm not impressed with him in any way.

That said our wingers are solid. Bring back White and Vrbata and you only need to fill one winger spot.

This is of course assuming Duke gets traded

Yeah I'm not totally convinced he will make the cut in the NHL either, probably will always be a reliable call up when needed.

So let's just say we don't resign Hanzal and Richardson is taken at expansion. How do we fill 3 center positions?

I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread at this point so mods feel free to move this conversation to the roster thread

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah I'm not totally convinced he will make the cut in the NHL either, probably will always be a reliable call up when needed.

So let's just say we don't resign Hanzal and Richardson is taken at expansion. How do we fill 3 center positions?

I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread at this point so mods feel free to move this conversation to the roster thread

No Hanzal? No Richardson? No problem! Kyle Douglas Glen Chipchura is only 31 years young and currently putting up nearly half a point per game in Bratislava.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad