GDT: Game #62 - BRUINS are deep in the heart of Texas - 2/26 12:30 ET - NBC, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't think that is the case at all.

He clearly wanted his bigger heavier defense-men out there in the last 10 minutes vs. arguably the league's heaviest team in a must-win game. Krug's minutes also went down in the 3rd.

I think it's simply a case of making the guys at the bottom of the line-up battle for spots. Gone are the days when your 4th line and 3rd pair D-men are locked in game-in, game-out. Creating accountability. Nash had a bad game vs. Anaheim, bad turnover in the 3rd, he came out. Belesky went in, given a chance to impress, didn't do much, he comes out and Nash gets a chance to respond to his healthy scratch.

Same with the D. Colin didn't have a strong game vs. LA, he comes out to give Liles a chance to play. If he has a weak game or two, he likely comes back out and Colin goes back in.

Not to mention you can't sit guys for weeks on end and expect them to draw back in and be able to play to their maximum potential.

I like it, it's a breath of fresh air after the more locked in line-up of Julien. But I don't think it has anything to do with Cassidy being a fan of this guy or that guy.

Him playing 10 minutes last game was obviously because they were playing a heavy team.

But, Colin's TOI has been lower than he was getting under CJ in all the other games, too.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Ratings data shows that even after 2 months NBC numbers are way down so viewers seemed confused.

I'm old enough to still get confused from when NBC/CBS swapped Boston channels from 4 to 7...now I somehow have to remember 810 instead of 807 for the HD....thanks for the reminder:wally:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Drop the ****ing puck already!!!

Betsy we need more coffee

16997936_10211232643584608_260230717420769987_n.jpg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Liles is crap whether he gets consistent playing time or not. Chiller has actually been playing a heavier game in the defensive zone lately and has been playing better than Liles can ever hope to play at this point in his career. I hope Liles avoids making costly mistakes that he has been prone to making.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Here's hoping someone puts Seguin through the glass, ala Looch on Van Ryn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad