GDT: Game #62 - BRUINS are deep in the heart of Texas - 2/26 12:30 ET - NBC, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

FULL GDT STARTS at POST #40

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=128677561&postcount=40

REMINDER

NBC in Boston is no longer on WHDH - Channel 7
NBC is now on WBTS-LD

NBC Boston is using two channels to deliver the signal across the region. You will want to tune to both channels to determine which offers the best reception.

Greater Boston area: Channel 8.1 or 60.5
Southern New Hampshire and Northeastern Massachusetts: Channel 60.2

Comcast: 810, 710 (HD), 10, 6, 22, 26 (SD)
DirecTV: 10
Dish: 10
Verizon: 510 (HD), 10 (SD)
Charter: 777 (HD); 10, 17, 20, 22, 93 (SD)
Braintree Electric (BELD): 510 (HD), 10 (SD)
Metrocast: 812 (HD), 8 or 15 (SD)
Norwood Light: 613 (HD), 13 (SD)
RCN: 603 (HD), 10 (SD)
Shrewsbury Community Cablevision: 310 (HD), 10 (SD)
Southern Vermont Cable: 409 (HD), 18 (SD)
Time Warner: 1205 (HD), 3, 22, 23 (SD)
TDS: 1014 (HD), 14 (SD)
Vermont Telephone Co.: 1009 (HD), 9 (SD)

HD = High Definition, SD = Standard Definition

NLgxrLT.jpg

IXnJCs6.jpg

ORNrnv9.jpg

LINDY RUFF after practice Saturday in Frisco

Have you ever coached in a game that has started at 11:30 a.m.

"I don't think so. I don't know if I've coached in one in my lifetime. I think the earliest has been noon, so 11:30 is a special start time."

On warmups being extra important tomorrow

"Well, obviously, I think that is a big deal, that you get up and running an hour or so before the game. I think even the warmup they go through before they get on the ice is important at getting the blood pumping. I think we've been good at different types of games. Even the game last night, I was surprised how well we played for coming off the break, so we've been good or fair at these types of things."
On how he'll manage if players aren't ready to go with tomorrow's early start
"Well, again the emphasis again for me will be trying to keep it real short. If it looks like we've got a few guys struggling or use whatever term you want, sleepy, maybe give them a little verbal blast to wake them up."

On if players will have a shorter leash due to the 11:30 start

"I think just having some fire behind there and when I say verbal, it's just trying to light the fire. That doesn't mean benching, it just means come on, this next shift's a big one for you. The last one wasn't as good, it's not just standing there watching, it'll be letting them know that the way we're going isn't good enough and we have to go better."

On the importance of a good start in an early game like this

"Yeah, if you can get a step ahead, if the other team seems slow, I think that is important because I think if you're starting slow, you don't come out of that very easily."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...alks-1130-am-start-vs-boston-updates-injuries

Dave Strader gets to tell America how grateful he is to be back calling Stars games early Sunday afternoon when NBC broadcasts the Boston Bruins at the Stars to the nation.

NBC hockey producer Josh Freedenberg, who will oversee the game, said he would allow the "voice of the Stars" time at the top of the broadcast to tell his story and offer thanks to all who have helped him.

Freedenberg has worked with Strader since NBC took over the NHL in January 2006. He was as devastated as anyone last June when Strader announced he was battling cancer.

Strader, who calls Stars games as well as a national schedule for NBC and NBCSN, returned last week between treatments for his bile duct cancer. The plan is to work through the current homestand before returning to the Northeast for more treatment.

Freedenberg, who works with all of NBC's play-by-play voices, calls Strader a pro's pro.

"When I see I have Dave on my schedule, I know I'm in good hands," he said. "Not only does he know the game in encyclopedic fashion, he'll roll with production punches. ... It's almost too much fun to work with Dave."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-will-get-chance-tell-nation-feels-back-booth

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Thanks Fenway!

Looking at those stats, the Bruins can hopefully score a few! Some power play opps would be perfect.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Bruins' surging power play and the Stars' penalty kill should go together like peanut butter and chocolate; or at least like Marchand and Seguin.

It's good for both sides the game starts so early - Marchy and Seguin would've really painted the town Saturday night otherwise. ;)

It doesn't look like Dallas is serious about making a playoff push, having just traded Patrick Eaves, who was doing great for them this year.

Their goaltending is an adventure, as is their defense.

I'm SO happy for Dave Strader.

Oh, and Deep in the Heart of Texas is outdated - it's been replaced by this:

;)

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
So good to hear that Strader has an opportunity to assume his perch high above the ice surface. A well respected member of the hockey community. Wish him continued success with his battle.

Commented in the Ducks PGT that they should put Marchy on a curfew with round the clock surveillance as he drops him to visit his former partner in crime as it where. :laugh:

Potential trap game. The tendency has been to either play down to the level of a struggling team or not be motivated enough for the game from the get go. Let's see if Cassidy handles having them prepared a little better versus his predecessor.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Saturday’s practice lineup

FORWARDS

Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-David Backes

Peter Cehlarik-David Krejci-David Pastrnak

Frank Vatrano-Ryan Spooner-Jimmy Hayes

Matt Beleskey-Dominic Moore-Tim Schaller

Riley Nash

DEFENSEMEN

Zdeno Chara-Brandon Carlo

Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Colin Miller-Kevan Miller

John-Michael Liles

GOAL

Tuukka Rask

Anton Khudobin

DALLAS — The Bruins got some help Friday night. Carolina shut out Ottawa, 3-0, while the Flames dispatched the Panthers, 4-2.

As a result, the Bruins practiced Saturday at Dr Pepper StarCenter just two points behind second-place Ottawa and two north of Florida. Even with the assistance, however, the Bruins are the odd team out of the playoff picture right now.

“You can’t get too caught up in it,†Brad Marchand said of monitoring the standings. “We just have to focus on our game and play well. That’s the only thing we can control. You can only look at the standings so much.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...t-standings/dHWs9lpxWbhep1xQC44RPI/story.html

tkddad

Jan 8, 2009
Waterloo
So I guess Morrow will be playing tonight in Providence.

edit : Just checked, he already played his first game last night.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Marchand is due for another 5 point game. He would tie Crosby for second in points with one. ;)

Benn started the year rather slowly, but with 14 points in 10 games in February he's passed Seguin in PPG. Will be interesting to see if we can shut them down.

Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Next 2 games against Dallas and Arizona are must win games

When u play the 28th and 29th teams in the NHL standings you need to take 4 points

If the Bruins play there game they should win the next 2 easily no let down boys

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
Geez 0330 that's a start here in Australia. Normally I get games at about 10-11am. Might tune into 98.5 on the iPhone in bed if I wake up early. :(

Yeah, I just get up and tune in around 6, skip the time between periods and when its over, it's time to go to work.

headflop

Jan 29, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I just get up and tune in around 6, skip the time between periods and when its over, it's time to go to work.

haha yeah it's a hard life.:help: I'm actually up in QLD for work so it a 0330 start because no daylight saving here. When I'm at home in Melbourne I don't work, so I can watch most games at 10-11 which happens to be just after when I wake up so that works good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad