GDT: Game #62 - BRUINS are deep in the heart of Texas - 2/26 12:30 ET - NBC, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruins should be able to skate around Dallas's D. I bet we're on the penalty kill lots today. Maybe a disallowed goal or two for us too on Goalie interference or offsides

6-5 Bruins (SO)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks for all of the info Fenway !

I have channel 710 ready to go !

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Huh. I'd wonder if something was brewing with Colin, but he has seen his ice time go down under Cassidy.

I don't think Cassidy is a big fan of Colins as you said his ice time keeps going down and he was basically benched the whole 3rd period last game

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
can anyone explain what has happened to dallas in a nutshell? so much promise the last couple years i thought they were a couple moves from being quite the team?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Pretty crazy stuff with Patrick Eaves.

A. The Bruins were dealt him in a trade, along with a 4th round pick, for washed up Aaron Ward. They chose to buy him out. Never quite understood why they didn't give him a chance to crack the 09-10 lineup.

B. Patrick Eaves, in 2017, will fetch the Stars a first round pick if the Ducks make the WCF's. Who expected a guy with a lifetime average of about five goals a season to peak at the age of 32, with 21 goals, 3/4 of the way through the season? Really strange.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think Cassidy is a big fan of Colins as you said his ice time keeps going down and he was basically benched the whole 3rd period last game

I don't think that is the case at all.

He clearly wanted his bigger heavier defense-men out there in the last 10 minutes vs. arguably the league's heaviest team in a must-win game. Krug's minutes also went down in the 3rd.

I think it's simply a case of making the guys at the bottom of the line-up battle for spots. Gone are the days when your 4th line and 3rd pair D-men are locked in game-in, game-out. Creating accountability. Nash had a bad game vs. Anaheim, bad turnover in the 3rd, he came out. Belesky went in, given a chance to impress, didn't do much, he comes out and Nash gets a chance to respond to his healthy scratch.

Same with the D. Colin didn't have a strong game vs. LA, he comes out to give Liles a chance to play. If he has a weak game or two, he likely comes back out and Colin goes back in.

Not to mention you can't sit guys for weeks on end and expect them to draw back in and be able to play to their maximum potential.

I like it, it's a breath of fresh air after the more locked in line-up of Julien. But I don't think it has anything to do with Cassidy being a fan of this guy or that guy.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

C5mGDf1U4AE_oMu.jpg:large

gDTTiuD.jpg

NLgxrLT.jpg

IXnJCs6.jpg

ORNrnv9.jpg

aacenter.jpg

Today's Officials

130p_leggo.jpg
130p_lecuyer.jpg

Referees Mike Leggo (3), Frederick L'Ecuyer (17)
Linesmen Brian Mach (78), Shandor Alphonso (52)

Ntl. Anthem Celena Rae

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs DALLAS, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Stars are meeting for the 134th time in their histories (includes Dallas franchise as Minneosta North Stars) with the Bruins having a 77-30-23-3 record and 518-354 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 34-19-13-1 in their 67 road games of this lifetime series with a 240-189 scoring edge in those contests.

These teams split last season’s series with each team winning their road contest and the Bruins are 8-4-2 in their last 14 games vs. the Stars … They have won their last 3 games in Dallas with their last road loss to the Stars a 4-2 setback on 12/31/2011.

Fun Facts – The Bruins are 11-11-4-3 overall vs. the Stars since they relocated to Dallas in 1993 and they have a 6-6-2-1 record in Dallas over that span … The Stars are the only franchise that the Bruins have never defeated in OT, as Boston has an 0-3-8 lifetime mark vs. DAL/MIN in OT, including an 0-2 shootout mark.

TODAY’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Stars today in the 1st of 2 games between these teams and the Bruins’ lone visit this season to American Airlines Center … The Bruins are 31-24-6 thus far this season with a 16-11-6 mark on the road … They are 4-6-0 vs. Central Division opponents and are 10-10-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are concluding today their 4-game road trip (2-1-0), which matches their longest such trek of the season (it is their 4th of 5 4-game trips) & comes as they concluded their 5-day bye week, which took place 2/13-17.

They are playing today their 9th of 13 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They are 6-2-0 in afternoon games.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is 2 goals short of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (135 total man-games lost)

None

Dave Strader gets to tell America how grateful he is to be back calling Stars games early Sunday afternoon when NBC broadcasts the Boston Bruins at the Stars to the nation.

NBC hockey producer Josh Freedenberg, who will oversee the game, said he would allow the "voice of the Stars" time at the top of the broadcast to tell his story and offer thanks to all who have helped him.

Freedenberg has worked with Strader since NBC took over the NHL in January 2006. He was as devastated as anyone last June when Strader announced he was battling cancer.

Strader, who calls Stars games as well as a national schedule for NBC and NBCSN, returned last week between treatments for his bile duct cancer. The plan is to work through the current homestand before returning to the Northeast for more treatment.

Freedenberg, who works with all of NBC's play-by-play voices, calls Strader a pro's pro.

"When I see I have Dave on my schedule, I know I'm in good hands," he said. "Not only does he know the game in encyclopedic fashion, he'll roll with production punches. ... It's almost too much fun to work with Dave."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-will-get-chance-tell-nation-feels-back-booth

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
can anyone explain what has happened to dallas in a nutshell? so much promise the last couple years i thought they were a couple moves from being quite the team?

They don't have a defense and haven't in years. Any success they enjoyed was always going to be temporary.

They rely on a few guys to carry the entire load. No goaltending. No defense. Spotty offense. Once guys like Hemsky and Sharp peeter out, you're left with essentially a team of Seguin/Spezza and a bunch of filler.

They did a great job picking off some big names from the trade deadline a couple of years ago, but essentially built a team like I would in NHL 09. That I was only planning on using for one season.

And even then, I would have coughed something up for a goalie...:laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yeah, I don't like Liles being out there for Chiller. I didn't see any big mistakes from him. To me, it means either one of two things: Cassidy sees something bad in Miller's play that I don't see, or Miller's got a nagging injury that needs rest.

I can sort of accept the first explanation, since I don't see everything, but it's gotta be pretty bad to roll out Liles. Liles wasn't great before the concussion, and was downright bad after.

If it's a "nagging injury", it means that it either happened in California, or it was bad enough that the bye week wasn't enough time to let it heal. Not good either way.

I also don't like the way it makes us look before the trade deadline - we should try to appear happy with our D, but willing to take on a good name if oen becomes available. This doesn't project strength. Of course, it may be a moot point, since it feels like the Bruins are going to remain pat at the deadline.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't mind Liles getting another go. I want him evaluated on an even plain with other players however...something I never trusted to happen while Julien was at the helm.

If Liles sucks today, I don't want to see him again unless there is a useless game right before the PO's. Or I guess if we get eliminated....

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
11:30 AM starts are brutal for the crew - I have been at the arena since 5:15 AM

POST #40 has the full GDT template including some great memories from the wayback machine :)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

They lost two of their top 3 D in free agency. Seguin and Spezza are not exactly the kind of C that can make up for it. Their goalies get all the blame, but they possibly have the hardest jobs in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad