BRUINS GDT Game #62 Boston Bruins at New York Islanders. UBS Arena Elmont, NY 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The enlightenment that comes from watching other games besides just the BRUINS.
This afternoon's game Jets at 'Canes is a good example. Canes entered 3rd period with 3-0 lead.
6 minutes into the 3rd the score is now 3-3.
BRUINS don't the own the rights to blowing good leads in 3rd period.

Last edited:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
This afternoon's game Jets at 'Canes is a good example. Canes entered 3rd period with 3-0 lead.
No, but we worked on it and mastered its art creating the masterpiece it is today .

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Jets win 5-3. At least the BRUINS have the decency to get at least one point when they blow the lead in the 3rd period.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I will be working the games at Belmont Park and Toronto

If you are a Baby Boomer this was something you never forgot

What a race...and what a horse!

Secretariat, also known as Big Red, was a champion American thoroughbred racehorse who was the ninth winner of the American Triple Crown, setting and still holding the fastest time record in all three of its constituent races. He is considered by many to be the greatest racehorse of all time.

After Secretariat's death in 1989, University of Kentucky professor of veterinary science Dr. Thomas Swerczek performed the necropsy. Secretariat's heart was estimated to be about 22 pounds and was not "pathologically enlarged," Swerczek said. The average horse's heart weighs about 8.5 pounds.

If anyone has not seen the movie "Secretariat" I highly recommend it

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm happy for McLaughlin, as the last couple of training camps he's been among the last sent down.

Montgomery frequently staples his 4th line/young players to the bench in third periods. But he seems to handle them diplomatically.

I'm a Tortorella fan, but I saw him really tear into Bobby Brink last night, before benching him. I do feel for young players in those situations, especially when you see veterans make similar mistakes.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
What a race...and what a horse!

Secretariat, also known as Big Red, was a champion American thoroughbred racehorse who was the ninth winner of the American Triple Crown, setting and still holding the fastest time record in all three of its constituent races. He is considered by many to be the greatest racehorse of all time.

After Secretariat's death in 1989, University of Kentucky professor of veterinary science Dr. Thomas Swerczek performed the necropsy. Secretariat's heart was estimated to be about 22 pounds and was not "pathologically enlarged," Swerczek said. The average horse's heart weighs about 8.5 pounds.

If anyone has not seen the movie "Secretariat" I highly recommend it
Secretariat was the Babe Ruth of horse racing and he validates the cliche "ya gotta have heart."

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
I'm happy for McLaughlin, as the last couple of training camps he's been among the last sent down.

Montgomery frequently staples his 4th line/young players to the bench in third periods. But he seems to handle them diplomatically.

I'm a Tortorella fan, but I saw him really tear into Bobby Brink last night, before benching him. I do feel for young players in those situations, especially when you see veterans make similar mistakes.

Yeah saw that too and thought the same, especially since Brink had scored earlier for this pea-shooter offence without Konecny.

Reactions: Aeroforce

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
MIL came over for dinner.

I did a frozen pot roast on low in the instant pot and it came out like shoe leather, so I had to pinch hit.

Thinking it’ll give the B’s a little more power tonight.
1709415990908.jpeg

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Since that video didn't actually cover why Tortorella was freaking out, I had to go and watch the highlights to see what the issue actually was.

I don't want to fully justify Torts' reaction. Screaming "GET THE f*** OFF THE ICE! f***!" at a guy directy following a goal is pretty brutal stuff. But in the lead-up to that goal, Brink was "defending" somewhere between egregiously lazy and like a guy who had literally never played hockey before. Not sure I've ever seen anything resembling it 5 on 5.

He was the out high forward and for whatever reason, just chooses to essentially stand in place inside the hashmarks which clearly f***s up the entire system with the four other skaters. It was about as close to throwing the puck in your own net as you can get without actually doing it.

Last edited:

Wirelessbits

Dec 11, 2021
You heard it here first. Gryz to Minn for a bag of pucks and skate sharpener.
I'm done with Gryz...he was supposed to be the low cost replacement for Krug who could skate it out of the zone and manage the power play...yea, those didn't work out so good...every team knows you dump it into his corner and physically hold him off the puck. It's embarrasing watching it sometimes.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm done with Gryz...he was supposed to be the low cost replacement for Krug who could skate it out of the zone and manage the power play...yea, those didn't work out so good...every team knows you dump it into his corner and physically hold him off the puck. It's embarrasing watching it sometimes.

And even when he has the puck, he is obsessed with trying to make cute plays. He has the polar opposite of the defenseman's mentality.

I have said this forever. Why not try him on forward? You can see he has some level of high-end skill. See what he can do on wing. Am I offering this as any sort of "solution" to anything? No. But how has it not been figured out he can't be counting on in really any spot in the back end? Just so, so many weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad