BRUINS GDT Game #62 Boston Bruins at New York Islanders. UBS Arena Elmont, NY 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to the Isles.

But I just hope we are ready for a full effort. Every single period. Nobody taking a shift off. I want every single player engaged. Time for good habits to form. Win. And win in regulation. No sitting on leads or blowing leads. Win. No injuries.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Bringing in Patrick Roy hasn't been the catalyst to get the Isles going, at least not yet.

If it doesn't end in regulation, it could get interesting. The Isles can man match the B's ineptitude in overtime.

I don't see him a lot, but it is interesting the Canucks righted the ship so quickly after dealing Horvat.

Clearly the coaches encouraged Parker Wotherspoon to shoot more against Vegas. I'd love to see him get his first against his former club.

Not to beat a dead horse about Pastrnak and Marchand being on the ice with the opposing goalie pulled - but their refusal/inability to make the safe, smart play, in hopes of padding their stats with an ENG is maddening.

Two games coming up with the Leafs, which can mean trouble for either if the opponent banks two regulation wins.

So don't leave these two points on the table!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A convincing win is what we need after the Vegas game. Get the confidence going before playing the Leafs.

@Ladyfan, I don't know how you do it! I hate driving at night, so kudos to you. I can totally understand why you prefer the matinees! As @GordonHowe said, they are great for the kids and families in general too, well, when they win ;)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

But I just hope we are ready for a full effort. Every single period. Nobody taking a shift off. I want every single player engaged. Time for good habits to form. Win. And win in regulation. No sitting on leads or blowing leads. Win. No injuries.

The Islanders are on the wrong side of the playoff bubble

1709379826160.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A convincing win is what we need after the Vegas game. Get the confidence going before playing the Leafs.

@Ladyfan, I don't know how you do it! I hate driving at night, so kudos to you. I can totally understand why you prefer the matinees! As @GordonHowe said, they are great for the kids and families in general too, well, when they win ;)
I am used to it, and it really isn't that bad (unless it is raining). My new car has much better lighting (headlights). The ride is much nicer when the Bs win.

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It’s a relatively weak field which might be the Bruins’ saving grace and the reason to add, even if it’s a fringe piece or two.

If you can shore up the defense and add a heavy bottom 6 forward, you might be able to squeeze enough offense out of this forward group to win a round or two if guys like Coyle are clicking.

I don’t see a path to them bringing in some transformative piece to add a boatload of offense.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Still baffling when NYI moved on from Trotz. His system was the only reason that roster had a chance. Bruins have no excuses if they lose this one.
Right, but sometimes you’ve gone as far as your roster can take you.

It’s difficult to rebuild the thing on the fly and make wholesale changes. Easier to move on from the coach.

They were good, but never going to get past Tampa.

In a cap league, you’ve got to know when you’re beaten, fold your hand and sell off your pieces for the retool or you could find yourself in hockey purgatory.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hope the Bruins put on a great show today. My son and his wife drove down 9 hours from Kitchener Ontario to attend this game. I've been a Bruin fan for 7 decades. It's right in our DNA. :) Got a lot of Irish in us. Me mother was a Boyle on her fathers side! Hope to see those two with their Bruin jerseys on fighting Islander fans on TV this afternoon.:box:

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I think their like 6-5 under Roy giving up less shots and goals but their goalies have a lower save percentage.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ok which one of you just called into the 98.5 hockey show and suggested they move Lohrei to forward?? You deserved the response you got. Probably the only time I’ve ever heard Ryan Johnston hang up on a caller and go no.
wasn't me

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad