GDT: Game 62 • Wild @ Avs • 9:00 PM Central, 5:00 AM Suomi • FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Impressed with the way the team is playing considering we lost Zucker who was arguably our 1st/2nd best player all year. Really wish we had him for this run we are on.

Best PLAYER? no. He's been a very good player and definitely is a top 6 player for the team now when healthy, but no... not best PLAYER... YET. Can't say it won't ever happen. ;)

Parise, Suter, Scandella, Brodin, Spurgeon, Duuuuuuuuubs are in the running for best player though.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Best PLAYER? no. He's been a very good player and definitely is a top 6 player for the team now when healthy, but no... not best PLAYER... YET. Can't say it won't ever happen. ;)

Parise, Suter, Scandella, Brodin, Spurgeon, Duuuuuuuuubs are in the running for best player though.

I'm not saying he is overall. But I really feel he was a top 3 player on this team this season up until he got hurt. He scored goals, killed penalties, and his speed brings an new element to the team. Plus, he had to have led the league in negated icings:naughty:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm not saying he is overall. But I really feel he was a top 3 player on this team this season up until he got hurt. He scored goals, killed penalties, and his speed brings an new element to the team. Plus, he had to have led the league in negated icings:naughty:

Again, very good player for us I agree... just think we have so many vying for best that he gets squeezed down a bit... our D-men are amazingly good! Love how mobile our D-men are top to bottom... no lumbering guys like Stoner who struggle with puck control.

Love Zucker's speed, but we have a pretty fast team these days, Schroeder hasn't missed a beat in taking up what we lost with Zucker. Just isn't quite the goal scoring threat, but he is more of a play maker.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

His speed was just so great.

We're obviously not a physical team, so I think the more speed we have, the better. Having Zucker, Schroeder, and Haula all buzzing would be a great asset.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I'll admit I'm a huge Zucker fan, but trying to put all my bias aside I still think he was one of our best players up until his injury. His speed really is a game changer, it reminds be of Gabby back in the day. You just have a feeling he is gonna blow by a defender and go down and snipe one. Plus, he played well on the PK.

Before the season I didn't know if he was going to stick in the lineup. Credit him and the coaching staff for the work they put into development.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'll admit I'm a huge Zucker fan, but trying to put all my bias aside I still think he was one of our best players up until his injury. His speed really is a game changer, it reminds be of Gabby back in the day. You just have a feeling he is gonna blow by a defender and go down and snipe one. Plus, he played well on the PK.

Before the season I didn't know if he was going to stick in the lineup. Credit him and the coaching staff for the work they put into development.
I think it's semantics on the difference we're talking about is all. He was for sure one of our best forwards, but I just think it's our top 4 D that take up most of our "best player" list, thus Parise was left the only real forward spot in that category for me. ;)

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Zucker absolutely was one of our best players up until his injury. That guy brought something to his game that only Parise could match. He was playing amazingly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zucker absolutely was one of our best players up until his injury. That guy brought something to his game that only Parise could match. He was playing amazingly.

Again... we're talking semantics.

If you can have only 5 players in contention for best player, my list goes like this...

Scandella
Suter
Parise
Spurgeon
Brodin

That's why I can't say Zucker was included.

You want to list best forwards? Absolutely Zucker was right there at #2 behind Zach... but other than Zach, no forward has the impact on a night to night basis that those top 4 D-men do, and thus it hurts like hell when we lose one of them more so than anything.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Zucker easily has been one of the top 5 players for us this season. No question.
Largely playing bottom-6 minutes, hardly any PP time (if at all), has aided in picking up Koivu's game, and scoring 18 goals? Forcing his way into the top 6?

Sign me up.

Last edited:

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Oh my god, what a bunch of losers the Avs are, Mcleod going after Granlund and then jumps Coyle, Landeskog punching Koivu and why in the blue hell he yelling at the Wild bench? They haven't won the Wild since... I don't even remember when.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh my god, what a bunch of losers the Avs are, Mcleod going after Granlund and then jumps Coyle, Landeskog punching Koivu and why in the blue hell he yelling at the Wild bench? They haven't won the Wild since... I don't even remember when.
Last season's playoffs were that forgettable for you? A series doesn't go 7 games unless both teams are winning games in it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So when Bergenheim clocked MacKinnon, MacKinnon broke his own nose with his own stick apparently.

B-_eSBcUoAAv22C.jpg

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Also I'm pretty sure they had our number last regular season. When they get some capable depth players and a legit #1 or #2 defenseman (doesn't help that EJ is out), look out. They're too young to not have a bright future. In the meantime however :yo:

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
So when Bergenheim clocked MacKinnon, MacKinnon broke his own nose with his own stick apparently.

B-_eSBcUoAAv22C.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'd imagine a few of their players are going to feel pretty stupid when they figure it out. Landeskog even specifically claimed that "a 4th liner taking a run" was the source of their angst in a postgame interview.

Last edited:

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'll imagine a few of their players are going to feel pretty stupid when they figure it out. Landeskog even specifically claimed that "a 4th liner taking a run" was the source of their angst in a postgame interview.

Well... in all fairness MacKinnon WAS on the fourth line tonight :sarcasm:;)

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wonder what was with that.

Punishment continuing from the last game vs Dallas when he was benched for 7mins of the 3rd period and then held out of OT and the shootout (when he's one of their top shootout regulars).

Roy is trying to send him a message with playing time etc.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'd imagine a few of their players are going to feel pretty stupid when they figure it out. Landeskog even specifically claimed that "a 4th liner taking a run" was the source of their angst in a postgame interview.

Yep, made Lando sound like a bigger idiot than he already was known to be.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
His stick didn't break his nose. It was nowhere near his face.

It was a fun game tonight. The Wild's depth is what kills the Avs. They don't have the bottom line players the Wild do and it hurts them.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
His stick didn't break his nose. It was nowhere near his face.

It was a fun game tonight. The Wild's depth is what kills the Avs. They don't have the bottom line players the Wild do and it hurts them.

Good call and thanks again for the gif...was shoulder all the way.

The Wild depth is one of the toughest things for all our opponents to face. We don't always have the highest end skill to equal our opponents, but our bottom 6 is more skilled than most, thus we can roll 4 lines against anyone. ;)

Slick Willy*

Are we the softest team in playoff contention?

Man we played good last night but we look small, and without an edge...and it seems like we get hit... a lot and don't do anything about it.

Anyone else seeing this?

IMO we need Carter and Cooke...and to some extent Zucker back for some physicality and edge. We looked like ******* at times last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad