GDT: Game 62 • Wild @ Avs • 9:00 PM Central, 5:00 AM Suomi • FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Wasn't Patrick Roy's last NHL game the Game 7 of the playoffs against the Wild? Wonder if he holds some extra hate for the Wild. Maybe during the next home against the Avs, they could replay the Brunette goal.

yup

that's what made ninos goal last year even sweeter :yo:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Wasn't Patrick Roy's last NHL game the Game 7 of the playoffs against the Wild? Wonder if he holds some extra hate for the Wild. Maybe during the next home against the Avs, they could replay the Brunette goal.

Yes it was.

We sent him out a loser in his last game as a player in OT of game 7 of the first round in '03 in their own barn and we sent him out a loser in his first year as a coach in OT of game 7 of the first round in their own barn.

Poetic, really, if you think about it.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
If we "lack an edge" because we're not out there stooping to Whineorado's level, I'm perfectly ok with lacking an edge.

I'm not even sure what the people saying that expect the team to do. Yeo isn't going to order a goon to go after a star player, to take an unnecessary hit with mere seconds left in the game and Koivu's not going to start punching players from the bench. Or maybe they're supposed to clear the bench every time someone cheapshots one of our players? Collecting PIMs for retaliations and acting like 5-year-olds isn't going to win any cups, they're won by grown-ups.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm not even sure what the people saying that expect the team to do. Yeo isn't going to order a goon to go after a star player, to take an unnecessary hit with mere seconds left in the game and Koivu's not going to start punching players from the bench. Or maybe they're supposed to clear the bench every time someone cheapshots one of our players? Collecting PIMs for retaliations and acting like 5-year-olds isn't going to win any cups, they're won by grown-ups.
Brodziak was close to coming off the bench and then thought better of it.

I'm happy he did gain his sense and didn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad