GDT: [Game #61] Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche – 8:30 PM CT (ESPN+)

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
We've been bad recently but this game has brutally exposed us. Shoddy goaltending, rotten defense and a bunch of forwards who have lost all desire, with two or three obvious exceptions. We ain't winning nothing.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We've been bad recently but this game has brutally exposed us. Shoddy goaltending, rotten defense and a bunch of forwards who have lost all desire, with two or three obvious exceptions. We ain't winning nothing.
Every team had bad stretches.

We always struggle with fast teams. It's a side effect of our roster construction

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
And another clueless. gutless and lazy powerplay.

Many of our players have bene on some of the worst stretches in a long time. Not sure top players in contending teams can say the same.

WE always seem to hit these cliff drop off stretches when it matters most in the season.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I mean we know this team has zero fight when things don't go their way. They'll take entire halves of games off just to conserve energy

Reactions: Blindsummit

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
And another clueless. gutless and lazy powerplay.

Many of our players have bene on some of the worst stretches in a long time. Not sure top players in contending teams can say the same.

WE always seem to hit these cliff drop off stretches when it matters most in the season.
We always have a pretty horrid stretch in Feb/March. Hell the year we fluked into the SCF we we're well on our way to falling out of the PO altogether. But we got saved by the pause.

Mostly because our glaring issues are never addressed, we've known for 3yrs are defense would be shit. And while Duchene has been great instead of doing anything about it, we spent the little money we had on more forwards

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

We always struggle with fast teams. It's a side effect of our roster construction

The good news for us is every team in the West has major issues.

Bad news is ours are easily exposed by a team like Colorado. Other bad news is we will most likely play them round 1. Oof

Avs have only won 3 of their last 10 coming into tonight. Jets not so long ago snapped out of a long stretch of games where they couldn't score more than 2 goals and I'm pretty sure lost like 7 of 8 games during that stretch. We are unfortunately in one of our bad stretches right now too (happens to be during arguably the toughest part of our schedule this season). Lucky for us I guess is March is a month full of mostly non-playoff teams for us.

Reactions: LT and Sports2

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I'm sorry I'm so negative. Lots of IRL problems, and hockey is one of the few reliefs, but when I see such a lazy, gutless performance it just makes me wonder why I bother.

Reactions: Sports2

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm sorry I'm so negative. Lots of IRL problems, and hockey is one of the few reliefs, but when I see such a lazy, gutless performance it just makes me wonder why I bother.
I'm king of negative opinions about this team (especially the FO) they definitely deserve it, but the sky isn't falling because we've sucked for 10 games

Reactions: Elysian

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Did Marchment throw a punch at Manson? Seems like there's personal bad blood there

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
yea, that sucked.
good thing we got our back to back game against a good team pushed to this very visible broadcast :\

goalie’d again, weird! :help:

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
1aa1blank.png

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
2nd night of a b2b in mile high air where they've also just played a ton of hockey in a row, with plenty of injuries, it's not worth getting mad over. Nill is clearly working on moves, but the deck is stacked against at this moment in time, it'll work itself out.

As soon as the Avs made it 2-1 I called the blowout incoming :popcorn:
At least at 2-1 the Stars were still controlling play though. Once that third goal popped they just stopped trying.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3rd game in a row, Stankoven was your best player

In the 1st period, he was the best player (both teams)
could have had 2+2 in the first.

That feed to Johnston was sublime, also the backhand turn around pass at the red line to Johnston
also impressive, if Johnston scored on both feeds, Logan would have had 2 primary apples
and Dallas would have led the game 3-0... Logan also had one other clear cut
scoring chance in the first, but he missed the net that time.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
3rd game in a row, Stankoven was your best player

In the 1st period, he was the best player (both teams)
could have had 2+2 in the first.

That feed to Johnston was sublime, also the backhand turn around pass at the red line to Johnston
also impressive, if Johnston scored on both feeds, Logan would have had 2 primary apples
and Dallas would have led the game 3-0... Logan also had one other clear cut
scoring chance in the first, but he missed the net that time.

That line has generated a ton of odd man rushes in their 3 games together so far. Hope they can start cashing in on more of them soon, but it's nice to see them consistently dangerous

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad