GDT: Game 61: Columbus vs. New Jersey | 2/28 5PM EST

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Just keep piling on. :sarcasm:I'm sure it sucks to stand up there and answer questions about why your team sucks running your system in lines you put together that you couldn't motivate to play.

Agreed.

Press asks question.
Richie (in his head): "If I knew I would have fixed it already! But I can't say I don't know. Well actually, I DO know. It's this crap roster Dr Evil gave me... but he's my boss, so I can't say anything about that. OK, try to say something wishy-washy..."

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Just watched DVR'd game. Good start but soft goal may have had Jackets pressing a bit. Passes not crisp. Not much flow with the jumbled lines.

Clarkson was ok. He is a quicker version of Hartnell. Not sure he sticks with Joey and Foligno. Our D was not too bad, but still the same giveaways while throwing pucks up the boards in own zone. JJ and Wiz had a tough time keeping pucks in o zone.

Atkinson, Dano and AA were skating pretty well tonight.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We seriously threw Tropp out there with an empty net?

Down by 2 with less than a minute to go? Better put Tropp and Gibbons on the ice.

Richie looks really tired of having to stand there and answer questions.

Agreed.

Press asks question.
Richie (in his head): "If I knew I would have fixed it already! But I can't say I don't know. Well actually, I DO know. It's this crap roster Dr Evil gave me... but he's my boss, so I can't say anything about that. OK, try to say something wishy-washy..."

There is stuff going on. From TR's non-answer about scratching Wiz to seeing Wennberg on the ice in all sort of important situations, different ones, news ones, expanded... leaving Forsberg in against Buffalo, to playing Tropp at game's end, and this presser. Moving Horton...

Stuff.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Wow I see him differently. Clarkson's puck decisions just aren't in the same league as Hartnell's. And neither guy can skate for ****.

Clarkson can get in on the forecheck faster than Hartnell. Both can bang and cycle well down low. If you want to get technical about puck decisions, yes Hartnell is probably the better passer, and can receive a pass most of the time too. Tonight Hartnell carried the puck into o zone a couple of times and was pressured by Devil's D and he threw the puck away ala Atkinson.

To be fair, there weren't many rushes that ended up with a shot on goal because of Devil's D standing up at blue line.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Thank you for the recap! How did he look overall? We've got him for a while and first impression are important! Richards seemed ok with him.
Okay, didn't do anything that made you say wow but not as bad as some people make him out to be. Keep him mind that since it was an early game, no practice so he didn't get a chance to practice with the team.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm standing with Todd Richards until hell freezes over.... The real problem is Yarmo... and perhaps JD for hiring him....

For the love of god, get a North American who knows North American hockey to manage the Blue Jackets.... !!!!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm standing with Todd Richards until hell freezes over.... The real problem is Yarmo... and perhaps JD for hiring him....

For the love of god, get a North American who knows North American hockey to manage the Blue Jackets.... !!!!

Jarmo knows North American hockey. Look at his damn resume. Played in the NHL, and worked for several NHL teams since then, with a sterling record.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
And the NHL is flooded with Euro GM's... stop it....

What the **** does that have to do with anything? You are a bigot Robert. Jarmo's perfectly suitable for the job regardless of where he was born. Get over it. Welcome to 2015. Find yourself a new agenda because your old one went the way of the dodo.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Well, I guess that goes to show just how much this team sucks I guess.
New Jersey played at home yesterday, puck drop was at roughly 7:08pm EST, they played into OT until about 9:45, lost, packed up, aboarded the plane likely around midnight, and arrived here at god knows when.
Now, funny thing is, this game started at 5:08, not the regular 7 O'clock game. So the Devils are playing 2 games in less than 24 hours. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets had Friday off....
I really don't know how much more of a schedule advantage you need to win. Simply pathetic.

Saying the season is over is a pretty safe announcement to make right now. It's a shame too. We were all saying after the Pens victory that the next stretch would make or break the season, and 0-4-1 has broken it. Just wow...things could have been completely different with a 4-0-1.
The cutoff will likely be 92-94 points. At maximum, if the Jackets win their remaining 21 games ( lol ) they'll have 98.
So yeah...

Last edited:

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
Well, I guess that goes to show just how much this team sucks I guess.
New Jersey played at home yesterday, puck drop was at roughly 7:08pm EST, they played into OT until about 9:45, lost, packed up, aboarded the plane likely around midnight, and arrived here at god knows when.
Now, funny thing is, this game started at 5:08, not the regular 7 O'clock game. So the Devils are playing 2 games in less than 24 hours. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets had Friday off....
I really don't know how much more of a schedule advantage you need to win. Simply pathetic.

Saying the season is over is a pretty safe announcement to make right now. It's a shame too. We were all saying after the Pens victory that the next stretch would make or break the season, and 0-4-1 has broken it. Just wow...things could have been completely different with a 4-0-1.
The cutoff will likely be 92-94 points. At maximum, if the Jackets win their remaining 21 games ( lol ) they'll have 98.
So yeah...

I knew you would sneak in that last part somehow :laugh: #StillBelieve

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It's glaring when Dubi and Calvert aren't in the lineup....I thought there was a chance before this 5 game stretch, can't drop 5 in a row this time a year...depressing.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. There was a small light at the end of the tunnel about a week ago. They had their chance to make it interesting, but they fumbled it. As little chance they had to get in it, like you said, no chance now.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Another lost, disappointing season of "They'll be better next year".
Well hopefully this is the last season of sucking, and hopefully they draft a damn good player ( preferably an elite scoring winger ).
It's pretty much guaranteed the pick will be somewhere in the top 10 ( in perhaps the deepest draft in NHL history ) so no excuse not to get someone good.
At least Jarmo is better ( significantly ) at finding good prospects than he is at making trades.

At least now I can stop being so emotionally invested, and not be so pissed off after every loss. I actually feel kinda free for the first time this season.
Still not joining #TeamTank though. Hoping they beat those punk ass Pens today. Always pumped for those games, and it'll be awesome to see Bob back in the net.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
My inner monologue reads your posts in a stereotypical Russian Bond villain accent - I can't help it:laugh:

(I don't mean that to be offensive - I enjoy your posts:yo:)

:thumbu: Thank You (Spasibo):)

Ijqg1iP.png

/I often get nervous during these "battles" losing my semantic control totally :)/ not only English, native too :)

Last edited:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Leafs fan here checking in to see how the Blue Jackets did and how well Clarkie played. Good guy in a hard spot. I'm hoping he thrives in Columbus and that you folks come to like him.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Leafs fan here checking in to see how the Blue Jackets did and how well Clarkie played. Good guy in a hard spot. I'm hoping he thrives in Columbus and that you folks come to like him.

Blue Jackets sucked.

Clarkson was fine. Didn't fall down (maybe once but he was engaged with a NJD player), and showed decent hands for redirect, which is a skill the CBJ have shown to lack throughout the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad